Psych Forums

USA (ended 2014)

Changes to psych

henrydsa

[1]May 23, 2013
    • level: 1

What happened to to Shawns psychic vision fits ad why aren't Shawn and Gus working with Juliet and Carlton. I don't like the new change I used to find Shawns visions hilarious but since he got with Juliet and then broke up again the show has lost its edge. Is there a new director or something or have the just given up on the show?

Any comments welcome

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bkto

[2]May 23, 2013
    • level: 7
    he doesn't do his outrageous psych visions because in front of juliet it would be incredibly insulting considering how she feels about his having lied about it.

and because of their seperation in their personal life it was awkward, juliet didn't want to work so closely with him so he was forced to, while not giving up the crime solving, do it from a distance.

at least i think those answer your questions?

as for given up on the show? i think this season has been one of the best, both hilarious and endearing but not too emotionally sappy. character grown is good, and is often done incredibly poorly. i think they managed to pull it off quite well.

henrydsa

[3]May 24, 2013
    • level: 1

Yeah you make a valid point. but in the last couple of episodes he didn't even have his thing where he sees the key evidence. However I will miss his fit things as I myself found them amusing!!

Why do networks and shows always destroy them with love. Does the lead character always have to get the girl? The same thing was seen in Chuck. It was a great show which turned into a love story. In saying that I did find the story quite emotional. I mean WHO-HA, Grrrr! Even in NCIS Los Angeles they introduced a romance storyline!! PS spoiler Alert

The problem is these relationships get pushed to the main story line and crime fighting left in the background and then another great show ends in the final make up!!!

I just want to see one good comedy crime story that does not get turned into a romance novel!!

Sorry for rambling on a bit. comments appreciated

Gatorsrule6

[4]May 24, 2013
    • level: 20
    You bring up a good point. Shows end up turning to romance to further story lines along. It's very cliche and annoying. Not every wants to find love. Psych...they kind of went into that with Juliet and Shawn...but they've been able to balance it decently with solving crimes. I would like to see a little more emphasis on crime solving and Shawn's abilities, like it used to be.