Psych Forums

USA (ended 2014)

Juliet or Abigail?

Who would you rather see Shawn in a relationship with?

JordanFolsom

[1]Oct 6, 2009
    • level: 4
    I want to know who everyone thinks Shawn should date. I think Shawn and Juliet belong together but I want to know how many other people feel the same way.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

historylover20

[2]Oct 7, 2009
    • level: 28

OK, I don't want Shawn to date either right now.

It's pretty obvious that he's going to get with Juliet. But, that needs to be closer to the end of the series. Because when the two leading characters get together, it usually is the kiss of death for the series.

I'm not too happy when Juliet acts like a giggling, lovestruck girl in certain episodes when Shawn is around. However, I'm not too crazy about Abigail, just because she feels shoehorned. I prefer Juliet.

But, it's pretty obvious who everyone will vote for... Juliet. Most think they need to start dating RIGHT NOW. I don't agree.

So, to be different from everyone, my vote right now is neither. And I will be the only one who didn't vote for Juliet.

Kat

Edited on 10/07/2009 6:53am
    Edited 2 total times.

kikimarie593

[3]Oct 7, 2009
    • level: 27
    For right now I like Shawn with Abigail just because the Shawn/Jules couple is too obvious. We all know they're going to end up together and like the previous poster, I'd like them to wait until the end of the series. I do like them together, but not right NOW. So I say both...

JordanFolsom

[4]Oct 7, 2009

I don't think you'll be the only one not to vote Jules. Some people actually like Abigail. I don't know how cause I don't like her character at all. But whatever, everyone has their own opinion so we'll just have to wait and see what everyone really thinks.

Rachwhut

[5]Oct 10, 2009
    • level: 6

To me, Abigail seems like the result of the producers deciding that a relationship between Jules and Shawn wouldn't work out.I don't really like her, she's too forced. She's like a subtle female mini-shawn, except she's not funny and I don't fancy her.

Shawn should get with Lassie. Yeaaaahhh.

pgsuperfan

[6]Oct 10, 2009
    • level: 25

I have to say that Shawn would do better with Juliet

jazzybreeze

[7]Oct 12, 2009
    juliet of course so much betta for eachother i dnt like abigail at all!

locke-ness

[8]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 11

Juliet is the most obvious match (and has been since she first appeared). But, it's only the 4th season, so some conflict is still necessary.

historylover20

[9]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 28
    locke-ness wrote:

Juliet is the most obvious match (and has been since she first appeared). But, it's only the 4th season, so some conflict is still necessary.

Completely agree!

And I'm pleasantly surprised to see how many people have voted for Abigail.

Kat

moviefreak913

[10]Oct 16, 2009
    • level: 10
    i like abigail more just because i like the friendship between jules and shawn more. i don't think abigail is an awful character since she meshes well with shawn personality wise. but i like the friendship most. i would like the show to end with their friendship, but they date somewhere in the middle.

nestosmells

[11]Oct 17, 2009
    • level: 15
    I definately like Jules better. I think the only reason that Abigail was added was because the creator felt that the Shawn/Jules relationship was moving too fast.

JordanFolsom

[12]Oct 17, 2009

nestosmells wrote:
    I definately like Jules better. I think the only reason that Abigail was added was because the creator felt that the Shawn/Jules relationship was moving too fast.

I completely agree. Basically I think the writers had Shawn and Juliet get too close last season so they had to bring an obstacle into their relationship. I think Abigail is only going to last through this season but the writers probably thought this is one more season they don't have to get Shawn and Jules together

luvnumbah6

[13]Oct 18, 2009
    I love shawn/jules but they can't get together this early in the series... it's like mulder/scully getting together in the first season, or ziva/tony on ncis... it just does not work. It almost ruins the dynamics of the show.With that being said i do like abigail and shawn together there cute together and works for the show to this point... but obviously shawn/jules will be together in the end.

hockey9927

[15]Oct 18, 2009
    • level: 22
    Obviously Shawn and Juliet are going to get together at some point. I think the whole Abigale thing was just a way to get a good character development going. You get Shawn actually in a relationship and growing up a little, relativly speaking. And we get the jealously from Juliet about it. I can't be the only one that's noticed in last like 5 or so eps Juliet has been noticibly colder and brusker towards Shawn. And with the way the mid season finale ended Abigale won't finish the season.

SMNaylor73

[16]Oct 19, 2009
    • level: 11
    I likethe character of Abigail. She is like a mini-Shawn, but I agree the relationship feels really forced. I would prefer him with Juliet, but I don't hate Abigail.

PsicNina

[17]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 8
    Abigail and Shawn? I'm still not feeling it... I like them both, just not together, maybe. Their relationship is weird, like everything between them is kinda acward and fake, I don't know...
    But I like him having a girlfriend to change the dynamic a little bit...

But for the long hall, I am and always will be definitely rooting for Shawn and Juliet!

Manu4380

[18]Dec 13, 2009
    • level: 8
    I think he should end up with Juliet, but I don't mind him staying with Abigail for a while.
    As some people said here, I'm rooting for Shawn and Juliet.

tvownsLEXIE

[19]Dec 20, 2009
    • level: 21
    I'm okay with him being with Abilgail right now, but there's no way he could have better chemistry with anyone other than Juliet. Still, I plan on this show being on for a VERY long time, so I'm willing to wait :]

SoCalSam

[20]Aug 24, 2011
    • level: 5

Abigail was played by Rachael Leigh Cook, correct? I like Rachael Leigh Cook so much. I was very disappointed that her character left. I now see that the fans did it. I think it is a shame. I think Rachael Leigh Cook is more romantic. I think she could amaze the world with romance, but that would require the kind of writing that has never been seen; especially not in TV shows.

Margaret Lawson (Juliet) is very nice. I will enjoythe romance between her and Shawn. I hope the writers are capable of good romance. Both actors I think are capable of great romance. I just don't like the tendency for writers to use the stars of a show for romances. I can understand that it is very economical but I did not like it between Madeline Hayes (Cybill Shepherd) and David Addison (Bruce Willis) in Moonlighting and I have not liked it in the many times it has been done since then.