Psych Forums

USA (ended 2014)

Poll: Should season 8 be the last season of Psych?

Should season 8 be the last season of Psych?

SweetMissJaye

[1]Jan 26, 2013
    • level: 21

Many people are speculating that season 8 may be Psych's last. I, for one, would be disappointed if that were true. I love the show and look forward to it as much now as I did when it first began. But judging from the lack of activitiy in the Psych forum, even when the show is currently airing, I wonder how many people still love/like the show...Or is it just that people aren't using tv.com as much?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Whatsoever

[2]Jan 28, 2013
    • level: 2

The message, that the 8th season of Psych might be it's last, made me really mad. Like you already said: I am also as excited about new episodes as I was in season 1. It's brilliant. Don't know yet how the 7th season will turn out, but anyway, it has to ghet way worse for it being worth cancelling. So NO, I don't think that Psych's 8th season shall be it's last! NO.

SweetMissJaye

[3]Feb 23, 2013
    • level: 21

Agree agree agree

crimegirl12

[4]Feb 23, 2013
    • level: 5
    I think we should wait and see if there is going to be an eigth season or not. The seventh season hasn't even begun. It looks good by the descriptions and the previews so I think it might be a good season.

Whatsoever

[5]Mar 2, 2013
    crimegirl12 wrote:
    I think we should wait and see if there is going to be an eigth season or not. The seventh season hasn't even begun. It looks good by the descriptions and the previews so I think it might be a good season.

Season 8 is already confirmed

ewarwoo

[6]Apr 7, 2013
    • level: 6
    It's jumped the shark.

It used to be a great show with quirky characters. It's become just a thin plot used as an excuse to show off the quirkly characters.

They've run out of idea's. Time to kill it off.

sgv_6618

[7]Apr 11, 2013
    • level: 13

The last season???? I think it is stupid to only have 8 episodes for season 8 let alone for it to be the last!!!!

dodge_hickey

[8]Apr 11, 2013
    • level: 6
    James Roday recently started directing a feature film, sounds like he wants to branch out into directing. Psych will have had a great run by the end of Season 8 (Over 100 episodes is rare now!). As much as I would love to see it continue I want them to end while they are at the top instead of dragging it out..

haldrey

[9]Apr 12, 2013
    • level: 22
    Why, because it is 8 season long? If the show is good it can go on forever. Psych is good and quite entertaining, true it does have some ups and downs but every show have them.

Henkwich

[10]Apr 13, 2013
    • level: 4

dodge_hickey wrote:
    Psych will have had a great run by the end of Season 8 (Over 100 episodes is rare now!). As much as I would love to see it continue I want them to end while they are at the top instead of dragging it out..

This. Completely agree and figured I'd quote instead of typing it out as well

Well put.

PsicNina

[11]Apr 17, 2013
    • level: 8

As long as the quality of the plots and the dialogues continues on the same level, it'll be worth watching. Because I like it too much, I'm not exactly ready for it to finish soon.

Edited on 04/17/2013 6:23am

Monakh

[12]Apr 18, 2013
    I prefer it when shows go out on top with a bang rather than with a whimper. I also hate it when shows get cancelled without a proper conclusion, like when network execs decide to axe the show mid-run because of poor ratings. A "planned" ending with all the hanging plot threads neatly tied off is much more satisfying. So if it's a choice between ending it "nicely" with Season 8 vs an abrupt ending after another 4 seasons, PLEASE go with the former.