Psych Forums

USA (ended 2014)

what happened to Carlton Lassiter's arm???

teron678

[1]Aug 25, 2007
    • level: 10
    is the injury real or part of the show ???
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ixmattxi

[2]Aug 25, 2007
    • level: 4
    My guess is if it were part of the show it would've been brought up by now. Timothy Osmond probably just hurt his arm.

SweetMissJaye

[3]Aug 25, 2007
    • level: 21
    I haven't heard anything official, but I think it's a real injury that the actor Timothy Omundson sustained. I think it should have been written into the show though. It doesn't make sense for Lassiter to have a mysterious injury that everyone basically ignores. I think Shawn and Gus would make Lassiter annoyed trying to figure out how he hurt his arm. I also think that Juliet would do a little investigating of her own. I don't think that these characters would just accept that he'd hurt himself without some type of explanation. Just my opinion.

ascensx

[4]Aug 26, 2007
    • level: 22
    In the production blog of August 17th it clearly stated "There was some scrambling during [Daniel Hsia's] first day on set ["MEAT IS MURDER, BUT MURDER IS ALSO MURDER"] because we got a phone call telling us that Tim Omundson, who plays Lassiter, broke his collarbone while mountain biking."
    Edited on 08/26/2007 12:18am

shanna429

[5]Aug 26, 2007
    • level: 7
    They did mention it in the beginning of"Meat is Murder, but Murder is also Murder". Shawn asks Lassiter what happened to his arm, and Lassiter responds "I don't want to talk about it". Then Juliette says that he won't tell anyone what happened. So they did briefly write it into the show.

VillaFan

[6]Aug 26, 2007
    • level: 43
    Just to confirm, a user on the IMDb forum works on the production of Psych in Vancouver. Here's his quote:

"Tim had been mountain biking one morning prior to working, and fell, breaking his collar bone. So they decided to write it into the show. You'll eventually find out what happened to Lassie, keep watching"

SweetMissJaye

[7]Aug 26, 2007
    VillaFan wrote:
    Just to confirm, a user on the IMDb forum works on the production of Psych in Vancouver. Here's his quote:

"Tim had been mountain biking one morning prior to working, and fell, breaking his collar bone. So they decided to write it into the show. You'll eventually find out what happened to Lassie, keep watching"

At least this has been cleared up. I still feel like the injury should have been written into the show somehow (not just Lassiter saying he doesn't want to talk about it). But I guess that's asking too much...

gmvail23

[8]Aug 26, 2007
    • level: 50
    Actually I thing the way they are handling it in the show is very much in keeping with Lassiters character, he has always been portrayed as a very private person.

cfenn2010

[9]Aug 26, 2007
    • level: 6
    Yeah it's definitly been written into the show--maybe it's gonna have something to do with his ex-wife? Or that "Polly Smith"...you know, being beat up by a "girl" wouldn't be something old Lassy would brag about...just a thought...

SweetMissJaye

[10]Aug 26, 2007
    gmvail23 wrote:
    Actually I thing the way they are handling it in the show is very much in keeping with Lassiters character, he has always been portrayed as a very private person.

I agree with you that this is typical of Lassiter's character. But I don't think it's like Shawn, Gus and Juliet to accept his "I don't want to talk about it" so easily. And wouldn't Vick, as police chief, have a right to know how he was injured? Hmm...

DungeonDragon18

[11]Aug 29, 2007

It'slikely that since they have the scripts for the episodes written up weeks in advance, it would have been a major hassle to rewrite them to work Lassiter's injury into the storylines. So they had to content themselves with putting in throwaway lines in here and there, and otherwise pretending it didn't happen. They'll probably address it in the first episode that had it's script written after the injury occurred, or if not then, in the first episode where it's convenient for them to do so.

It might be worth noting that a similar thing happened in the second season of Supernatural, when Jared Padalecki broke his wrist doing a stunt. The writers rewrote the very end of the episode to include Sam falling and breaking his wrist during a fight, and then proceeded to ignore it for the rest of the season. Not one of the characters commented on it; Nobody even asked Sam why he was wearing a cast. Everybody just pretended that it wasn't there.Then, about halfway through the season, the cast just disappeared between episodes. Again, nobody commented on it. Compared to that, I think Psych is doing a very good job of writing the injury into the storyline.

teron678

[12]Sep 8, 2007
    thanx for de replies ......

SpriteWolf

[13]Sep 15, 2007
    • level: 12
    If you go to the Psych section on USA network's website and check out Psych Outs, he finally explains it there. ^^

Junest

[15]Sep 15, 2007
    Thanks! i KNEW it had 2 b something stupid that he would be ashamed of, like tripping over a chair. but a) i'm surprised that he would admit 2 falling in the shower and b) i felt like the scene could have been a lot funnier.

damato882

[16]Sep 20, 2007
    Actually, on psych.usanetwork.com, if you watch Timothy Omundson's interviews, he'll explain about the injury. *grin*

damato882

[17]Sep 20, 2007
    Oops, sorry. I didn't know that someone answered this question already. Oh well. xD haha

DarkNinja1994

[18]Oct 13, 2007
    • level: 27

Me and my mom wondered this too. We figrued he did something stupid, and they would've said at the end of the season, but that didn't happen. So then we figured it really happened to the actor. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.