Psych

Game Set… Muuurder?

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 16, 2007 on USA

7.4
  • Game Set...Muuurder?

The Good:

-The young girl doesn't die, which keeps the show from straying down too dark of a pathway.

-"Roosters don't cackle...they cockadoodle doo."

-"In very rare cases, it made you pee fire."

-Watching Gus struggle to keep up with a young tennis player.

-Shawn's fierce loyalty to Gus is nice to see, since he gives his buddy such a hard time. He lies to get Gus out of a ridiculous weekend with his company, so that Gus can help Shawn with the case.

The Bad:

-The friendship between Lassiter and Henry seems like a funny plot twist. However, the abrupt ending of the developing friendship is disappointing. It would make sense if the two men bonded.
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of psych shawn is asked to solve the case lasiters partner. and shawn and gus must solve it at first they go ask the dad questions and look around in her room. and see all the photos and then go to the tennis courts and question the person that was always playing against and she told them about a boy friend. and then after that they go down to the restraunt and question that and they realize that she was in house near there and they go there and find that she was knocked out and bleeding. then they think it was not the guy they got in custody but they later realize with the help from his dad that it was one of the guys that works in the office he coverd or tried to cover his tracks to the police would not catch on. this was a good ep
  • Shawn is bored. Gus is out of town at a retreat and Shawn has no case to work on so he gets himself invited into a case involving a missing tennis pro. It seems she was suppose to go to Tokyo to play but she disappeared right before the trip.

An enjoyable episode that gives you a few more insights into Shawn's behavior and why he is the way he is. For example has anyone thought of playing Battleship without deploying your boats? Eventually you would get caught cheating as one of the precepts of the game is to track where the boats can't be as well as where they are. Also there are major control issues as well as a number of other unrelated items.

As far as the episode goes, the tennis player is missing. There was a case of an assault before she went missing and then later they find her after she was assaulted again. The layouts of the two crimes where obviously not the work of the same person but the police where happy with the person of interest they were going to charge with attempted murder. Shawn through his deductive reasoning must solve the crime before the innocent man goes to jail. What's with the inane excuses they are giving for Gus to miss his retreat? Gus must work for a real idiot in general. Of course we get to meet him and he is sort of an idiot so I guess that explains the reason why he is buying the excuses! They really were reaching with the person who did the assault at the end. It was somewhat clever but really lame at the same time. The police forensics cameraman? Yes, this guy had a real eye for detail didn't he. Leaving the clocks moved back three hours as well as shooting the pictures at a totally different time of day. As a professional cameraman the first thing you consider is the shadows at the time you are shooting and how they effect the shot. The guy must have been a real amateur cameraman that wanted to do forensics and so just picked up a camera without really studying. The only thing that really would have given him away was the photo if he had covered his tracks which with Shawn might have been enough to catch him.

I really enjoyed the bit where Gus was mad because he never got to say the cool lines like Shawn's line about the mystery lover or Juliet's line about attempted murder. Everything he said trying to be clever stuck out like a sore thumb.

Also the fishing with Shawn's Dad and Lassiter was cute. It was interesting when Lassiter admitted at the end that Shawn's father was a little off and how he understood a little better why Shawn was the way he is.

So they caught the bad guy, Gus got the big pharmaceutical account, and Shawn got to really act stranger than normal. So much for having at least a little restraint. Not up to the usual episodes but still very enjoyable especially the Gus scenes and the scenes with Shawn's Dad. Thanks for reading...
  • Wow, this show continues to amaze. This episode was great.

I liked this episode a lot. It seemed different than the other episodes somehow, but I'm not sure if that's just me or it really was different. I don't think I've seen Shawn work this hard on a case, except maybe the Pilot episode. Anyways, I really liked this episode. Interim chief Vick was back. I like her character. She readily agreed to let Shawn work the case. I'm not sure if she completely believes he's a psychic or she just believes in him. I liked the "secret" meeting between Shawn and Juliet. She is also quite willing to turn to him for help. Their meeting was funny and even a little flirtatious. :) How about Henry and Lassiter bonding? I didn't think it was too weird since Lassiter's a cop and Henry's a retired cop. I couldn't tell if Shawn was jealous of their bonding or uncomfortable because his father could possibly let it slip that he's not actually a psychic... But I can't imagine Henry revealing Shawn's secret to anyone. After seeing the episode a few more times, I'm sure that Shawn was just jealous. Ha ha ha I liked that Henry is a hard a$$ even when dealing with Lassiter. Lassiter actually understands, somewhat, what Shawn went through with his father. I think it's great that Lassiter got some insight into Shawn's character. A really funny part of the episode was Gus "playing dead" on the floor of the crime scene. He got very uncomfortable when Shawn mentioned chopping his body to bits! The look on the landlord's face when Shawn told him that he'd seen too much was too much for me! LOL There were a lot of great parts...Shawn's Tommy Lee Jones impression, Gus skipping across the tennis court, Shawn's "vision", which led him to walk throughout the precinct. A freaking awesome episode!
  • Who killed the tennis player?

When a famous tennis player is put in the missing persons report. Shawn is in desparate need of a case because Gus is trying to get a new very important client at a camp. Shawn makes up an excuse about how gus's grandmother fell in the tub and broke her hip so that gus can get out of the camp to help Shawn find the missing tennis player. They are opn the case wiht Detective Lassiter and together Shawn and Gus go to the place where she, the tennis player, were last scence and find out that she was a bit boy crazy. Together they solve the case and also find out that it was an attempted murder now... that the attempter is someone that works for the police.
  • Psych is a great new tv series, with quite funny characters and circumstances. This episode was great and had some extra cool features for me.

What really grabbed me about this episode was the location! I could clearly see Whiterock beach in one scene, and another scene which looked like Cultus lake. In other words, it's filmed in my neck of the woods! Very cool! I've been unable to confirm where most of it is filmed, but the Whiterock scene was without a doubt. Another of my favorite shows, Smallville is filmed close to home for me. Otherwise, it was a typically good episode, with the usual silliness and laughs. It was especially fun to see Lassiter hanging out and fishing with Shawns dad. The ending of that relationship was perfectly handled as well!

Shawn and Burton's flashbacks are always fun as well. This is a show that a lot of people still aren't aware of, and I'm behind in episodes because they goofed the channels in Canada, so I'm hoping I'll still see a few before the season finale that everybody else has already seen.
  • Relationships, Friendships, Partnerships & Trust are this week's theme. Pass the Sharing Stick, please.

At first, I thought this was going to be a Gus-less episode, which would have greatly diminished my joy in watching the show. But after the first commercial break, my anxieties were eased, 'cause 'tho Gus was assigned to attend a company retreat, good buddy Shawn invents the most implausible excuses ever to get him out and on the case. And a good thing, too, 'cause, Gus in this episode? Hi-larious! Dule Hill has been very good in his portrayal of the unintentionally comical Gus, but this turn borders on exceptional. Gazelle leaping across the tennis court to strut his athletic prowess (and then being soundly beaten by a 12-year old who doesn't even break a sweat!); glaring at Lassiter when he and Shawn are summarily dismissed from investigating at the victim's apartment; his attempts to have 'the good lines'! That guy really makes me laugh!

Anyway, Lassiter bonds with Henry Spencer over a shared interest in fishing. And ultimately runs away, crying. I guess you have to be a truly special person to successfully hang with Henry.

Back to the Psych! Boys: their teamwork is getting better; there's greater reliance on the skill set of each individual (and this includes Papa Spencer, Lassie, & Juliet), which demonstrates how well this ensemble is gelling. Oh, and Burton Guster may have to produce a Grandma on the mend from all her mishaps at some point in order to set things straight at his real life job.

I love this show!
  • Why I always watch Psych.

So far Psych is one of my few favorite show that haven't oscilated one bit since its beggining - truth be told not so long ago, but the point stands. Every week we watch a fine episode with moments of comedy that are inteligent and inspired without being agressive or politically incorrect.

In this one we see Shawn having problems with Gus involvement with the case and just like a child would do, Shawn piss Gus off until he agrees in helping.

The week points are that we didn't see many of Shawn's jugglings to obtain information, but we laugh a lot with his worries and jealousy of Lassiter becoming friend of his father. And the scene that Shawn convinces Deanna's landlord that Gus - lying on the floor - is dead is worth the missing ones.

And here I have to make my protest. I prefer a dozen times more to watch gag reels than sneak peeks of next week's episode.

But all the same, stay tuned! It's definitively worth it.
  • Sean breaks Gus out from a company retreat, Lassie and Henry Spencer become friends. It was great.

I loved this episode. I thought it was funny when Shawn shows up at the retreat and the guy believed that he actually worked in the lab and has low self esteem. Lassie and Henry becoming fishing buddies and in the end Lassie telling Shawn that he is beginning to understand why he is the way he is. My favorite thing about this episode is that this is the first show I have ever seen where their was a character that has the same name as me. I have never seen any show where there has been someone named Deanna.
  • A tennis pro is missing. Gus has a company retreat.

I am still wondering when Lassie and Company will figure out that he isn't a psychic but a damn good detective. But I hope they never find out, it would ruin the whole show! Shawn and Lassie working together to find a missing person? Not really. Shawn gets his best friend out of his company trust retreat to help him. The clues are all highlighted for us. The bonding between Lassie and Shawn's father is funny. Lassie is the son that Henry always wanted. Unfortunately, Lassie can't stand the pressure that Henry puts on everybody to do everything correctly. The scene between Gus and Shawn at the nail salon was classic and the scene between Gus, Shawn, and the Landlord was the funniest scene in the episode.