Last Night Gus

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Oct 19, 2011 on USA

• Best episode of the season!

For sure! I hated season 6, but for some reason, I kept coming back to this episode!

Gets better every time I watch it! It's witty, smart and funny as hell.

It made me feel like I was watching the classic Psych I fell in love with in the first place.

Didn't appreciate them moonlighting Shules again though. I don't watch the show for that pairing. I watch it for everything else.
  • It's like Hangover made in a TV investigative series

By far the best episode and one that made me laugh from start to end!
  • I'm looking at the review score for this episode...and needless to say, I'm a little shocked.

This is by a wide margin the best episode of Psych I've seen in the last few seasons, and that's saying a lot because I've not been disappointed that much in the last few seasons. This episode has it all, intrigue, mystery, and overall hilarity. Not to mention I've been quoting it non-stop since it aired. I know that this show is pretty close to it's last leg, but this episode just proves that this show has a lot more to offer, and that Psych isn't going down without a fight.

• Best hangover tale eveeeer!

From start to finish this was hilarious and with more twists than a maypole! Loved it!
  • So Perfect!!!

One of the best episodes of Psych that I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • One of the best episodes of Psych that I have ever seen.... Shawn, Gus, Lassiter & Woody wake up with no memory of the night before, which seems to have been an adventure or a nightmare.

I absolutely loved this episode of Psych. I loved everything about it. I laughed nonstop. I watched the episode with my husband and we laughed until we had tears in our eyes.

There were a lot of great scenes in this episode and I thought the case was pretty good as well. It was great when the guys woke up in the Psych office with no memory of what they had done, all trying not to freak out. It was great when they were being briefed by Chief Vick (both times). It was also great when Henry called Shawn, freaking out about what he may have done. I couldn't control myself seeing Henry's powdered face and his lower half wrapped in a towel.

Woody was awesome in the episode. I liked seeing Kurt Fuller have a larger role inan episode. He was hilarious, trying to get closer to Lassiter and insinuating that they had a relationship of sorts. It was so funny when Woody bragged that he and Lassiter had been together.

I loved the explosion at the hotel. It was cool when they all jumped into the pool. I also loved the video footage of Bobo's Doughnuts with Lassiter shooting and Gus driving his car.

I liked the cameo that Ed Lover had, when he came into the chief's office. I also enjoyed the gunfight scene, after Gus was drugged. That was one of Dule's best comedic performances.

This is one of my favorite episodes of Psych. I am laughing out loud just thinking about some of the stuff that took place in the episode. I am so happy Psych is back and just as great as ever.

• This episode will go down as one of the best Psych episodes ever. Hilarious from start to finish, "Last Night Gus" hit all the right notes.

Although it was advertised as Psych's take on The Hangover, Last Night Gus brought it's own humor and charm without borrowing overtly from the summer blockbuster. Although Roday and Hill were perfect as usual, it was Omundson as Lassiter and Fuller as Woody the Coroner who really made this episode shine.

Although there was one joke after another, it didn't feel overly clogged with humor, but rather felt like a piece of comedic gold. There were also small serious moments between Shawn and Juliet that were the icing on the already perfect cake.

Last Night Gus is a great example of what the Psych writers are capable of, and what makes Psych such a great comedy.

TV shows doing the Dude Where's My Car/The Hangover premise is getting a little stale, but I thought that Psych did a good job handling it tonight and really gave viewers a treat with both a different kind of mystery and some laughs along the way, plus underrated actress Jessica Lucas in a guest appearance, so there was that too.

Psych has been decent so far this season, but by focusing on Juliet and Shawn's relationship too much they risk alienating viewers who simply want the show to remain being about the crime solving duo. Hopefully the show does not drift too far from that path.