Psych

Let's Doo-Wop It Again

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 21, 2012 on USA

• Whump? Yes please.

After watching a yummy clip of Roday singing his heart out and creating an amazing performance with Hill, THEN collapsing on stage, I fangirled over. So I was pretty much hyper up to watch it.

Unfortunately, it didn't stick out very well. I didn't like that they skipped the stage scene all the way till after he wakes up from surgery. What? You couldn't play out the stage scene a little more? We've been waiting for a little whump scene like this since the pilot and that is ALL you give us?

I get that it's supposed to be a light-hearted show but I'm beginning to think Shawn's mentally challenged ("can I walk without an appendix?" Seriously, guys?).

I like that Henry paid for Shawn's treatment (even though it IS a little out of character) but what was the point when he cancelled payment for pain-medication?

Juliet seriously annoyed me in this episode. Her boyfriend is in the damn hospital and she confronts him with a sour looking response after Shawn innocently asks for pillow fluffing (which I assumed came from the loopiness of taking medication). Your boyfriend just went through surgery, show some compassion, woman! I especially didn't like that she just took off when Shawn was in serious pain at the end of the episode. I get that Shawn didn't want her to see him "awkwardly weak" but, really Jules? You couldn't just pretend to care for five minutes?

Overall, the plot was a little clumsy, and frankly a little boring, and they utterly destroyed the earlier character they created for Lassie's girlfriend. I didn't recall her being this flimsy and love-sick.

Also, you writers seriously expect us to believe you can easily get internet connection in an iPad in the middle of nowhere?

One thing I did enjoy, however, was the part when woody sticks the iPad under the cover of the dead body, hearing Shawn's classic girl-screaming in response (which, let's face it, we terribly miss).
  • Let's Doo Wop It Again

Something was off about this episode. The writing just seemed different than it usually is and I rarely laughed throughout. Jaleel's White attempt at acting was really bothersome and he brought the whole show down, but then again this was a flawed and damaged premise from the get go. I just don't find Shawn yelling through a tablet screen video chat funny, but maybe that is just me.
ESQUI