Psych

USA (ended 2014)

layle1

Psych Fan Reviews (308)

• Worst show ever

Psych hate it. I'm so glad they canceled it.
  • Why not spin-off Psych???

Why take Psych off? Don't understand. If certain people want to leave the show, why not change it? I would like to see Dule Hill and others still do the show with new co-stars like Ralph Macchio reviving his role or... TV shows don't have to end. It is really frustrating to fans. If James Roday and Maggie have left, so... Come on, it can be changed and spun-off. Right? We like the idea of Ralph Macchio, Corbin Bernsen and Timothy doing a spin off cop style and comedic!!!
  • Goodbye to the greatest show on television.

I've been a fan since the very beginning. I know this was just a show but I am DEVASTATED that psych reruns is all I have left. I didn't know Psych wasn't renewed for a ninth season so when I found out this morning (when I watched the final episode)... I lost it :( When I lived out in Vancouver I always saw signs for where they were taping the scenes and always wished that I had gotten to met Shawn and Gus. I AM SO UPSET :( great ending though. I just wish that the second last episode wasnt so crappy. rip psych
  • Come back

Ok then take us to Frisco with you
  • Psych (sadly) off....

So farewell then PSYCH. One of my favourite shows and a wonderful eight years of pure silliness. Not every episode worked (has every episode worked in any series?) but the limits were tested, the envelope pushed and the dialogue was frequently delicious. The last episode was especially satisfying with all the loose ends tied up and we were able to savour the large extended cast that built up the PSYCH family over the years. Loved the gag about the detective who was never spoken to by Shawn for the entire eight years and has there ever been a better metaphor for Gus and Shawn's relationship than a twenty-year old car out of control because it has dual controls? I'm going to miss all you guys.
  • Good bye

I also believe that being the last season we should have had a whole season at least and been notified of it cancelling earlier so maybe the millions of fans could ban together and try and save it. Either way, even though i am horrible with change, i am proud to have been a part of Psych since day 1 and I never missed an episode even when it was on Friday nights i would turn down dates with girls that were out of my league so i could stay home and watch it. Anyway i'll miss everyone of you and not just the lead roles, but all of the supporting cast as well. all of you guys and gals made one hell of a team and you all will be hard to beat because Psych is still #1 in my top 10 list of best shows ever. Good bye and thank you for all the laughs and all the other good memories over the past 8 years I just wish y'all would have made it to at least 10 years. I guess i'll go start dating again speaking of, Maggie Lawson if you like a southern accent I am from South Alabama so send me a message if you are interested if you even read this. Thanks again all of you. Kirk out
  • Where did the humor go??

This last season is such a disappointment. It's not funny. Did the writers quit? The characters don't even seem interested in finishing it. How can we, the viewers believe in Shawn and Juliet when there has been no mention of her?
  • It's time for it to end...

When Psych started of eight years ago, I liked it a lot. It was funny, witty und great to watch. But now it just feels like they are running out of stories to tell. They have hardly solved a case during this season. Sean and Gus just ran around the police station with nothing to do. Now that Juliet moved away, a big factor is missing. Also Sean doesn't seem to miss her too much. He never even mentioned her. I hope she'll return for next weeks finale.

In general the episodes keep getting more and more pointless and boring. The writing feels forced, the stories just uninspired. . last weeks zombie theme. What was the point in that? It was supposed to show Gus's reliance on Sean, but it did so in the most ridiculous way. I hope that it was just a boring built up for a great final episode.

I'll always like this show, but it's really time to go. They've definitely made the right decision on ending it here.
  • I've Had a Blast watching Psych for the last 8 years! I really wish it wasn't ending!

Very creative episodes and the characters were cast perfectly! I love all the characters equally! Scary Sherry episode is my favorite one! I think seasons 1-7 can't be topped, but this last season is a bit disappointing. My family hasn't missed an episode since the show started! In fact we go to bed every night watching a Psych DVD. This show was our ALL TIME favorite! We will truly miss Gus, Sean, Lassie, Juliet, Henry, Woody, and Buzz!!!! :(
  • I love the show, but it's becoming too much about Shawn and Juliet

I REALLY REALLY love this show, it's my favorite show that has been on TV since the late 1990s, but I think the show has taken a downturn in Season 7. I felt that this season was too much about Shawn & Juliet and less about the cases. Season 3 was my favorite season so far.

I think in the beginning, the series centered on the cases and invited the viewers the chance to figure out the mystery, like "Murder She Wrote" by giving subtle clues throughout the show. I think the show has avoided allowing viewers the chance to figure out the mystery on their own by basically only letting us discover who the culprits are as the characters do. There's no mystery for viewers to solve anymore, as it's often impossible to solve it before the characters find pivotal evidence at the end.

I've always believed the show would have been better had they made Shawn bisexual. I think that would fit his character perfectly. I do not find his relationship with Juliet believable. I think Shawn is too immature and socially inept to be in a serious relationship, and I wish they had made him a promiscuous character. The show would have been much funnier.

I haven't cared much for the final season. I feel the humor has been dumbed down too much like it's for children. I wonder if maybe the show's core audience has grown out of the show so they are trying to appeal to kids now????
  • It is getting really stupid

I used to really love this show, but now they are going to far. I feel like I am being sent back to kindergarten.

Some of the action is supposed to be funny, but it makes you feel terrible for watching it.

There used to be a nice story to it and actually some things that made sense.

Even for a comedy it is unrealistic. Its gone from my DVR.
  • Disappointed Psycho

I own all of the DVD's, but it will be hard to buy this season. The season premiere has been the only episode up to Psych standards. Juliet is phoning it in. It's not about Shawn or their agency anymore. The writing is cheesy and predictable. What the heck happened Steve Franks!?! Was Roday too involved in his movie to care?? Anthony Michael Hall's character was a huge mistake. I watch every Wednesday hoping, praying that I will laugh. They should have ended the series with the musical instead of leaving their fans on such a sour note.
  • Very sad

As we all know this is the last season of Psych, we're all sad to see this great show leave but this season is based purely on crude, poorly written comedy. At the end of season 7 Jules finds out that Shawn has been faking it but eventually agrees to start over with him, take it slow. And now at the start of season 8 it's like it never even happened. They're back together and more dirty than ever. I still watch it but this show isn't what it used to be and it pains me to know my favourite comedy will go out rotted and shriveled.
  • It's over and done

Sadly but true but the viewers could see this coming. I will miss seeing the two 'twerps' though. I watch the episodes over and over again at the library and on ION television.
  • I heard this will be final Psych season...

that would be fine... but only if they all go the movies or something! This show has some great characters who have gone past chemistry and created their own little world, they should be in some awesome comedy movies after this. for real.
  • Over the top... fast becoming unwatchable

I have loved the growth of this show and truly loved the way the characters had heart mixed in with some of the over the top comedic personalities. But this season the heart has been lost and the characters have been made the sole focus of this show. I just dont see the smart writing and great comedic styling that I have come to expect from this show. I hope to see some improvement soon, but I have seen too many shows go down hill after a numbers of seasons to have high hopes
  • season 9 or 10

really like this show, they need to come up with a ninth or tenth season. this show is really intresting and funny at the same time. sometimes i get nervous on whats gonna happen next and sometimes it makes me laugh. its a real cool sow it would be a disapointment if they dont make a 9 or 10th season!
  • Reboot: We're BACK BABY!

I loved the Reboot episode. It seemed to me they were acknowledging they'd lost there way and this episode went back to what once made Psych great. I would totally love it if they just kept going with the reboot and continued on as if it was 2006 all over again.

Or, maybe they could just come back to the present but have the characters go back to their roots, as Reboot did.
  • Season 8 Disappoints

First 3 episodes unwatchable. Shawn over the top obnoxious,Gus reduced to good show that has stayed on air a year or two too long.
  • Homage to Apple

Not sure who on the show is crushing on Apple but season premier includes Ronnie Ives as the British villain who's never worked for Apple, I mean Interpol.

Well done guys!
  • It Psychs Me Out

I really love this show. Its a pick me up type of show for me. The jokes always make me laugh and smile no matter the occasion. I really enjoy the care free attitudes.
  • Not funny, not interesting... waht is it?!

This looks like they tried to join a lousy comedy with a dull procedural.

The cases are not for a moment interesting, the jokes are the lamest I've evere heard, the acting is incredibly poor.

I can't believe this has been going on for 8 seasons with good reviews.
  • THE BEST

I watch many TV shows like House , Grey's Anatomy , Up , The Big Bang Theory and many more but this show... oooh i don't want it to finish DON'T FINISH ! ! !
  • New alltime favorite show!

I ate up the first seven seasons of this show in a few weeks, thats how much I loved it! I was hooked from the first episode, intrigued by the characters, story and energy. I could write an entire essay about what I like about Psych and actually just have one critic.

One of the things, which is so amazing about this show, is that after 7 seasons, I'm still excited about the next episode, plus I can watch an episode, more than once and still catch myself laughing.

With more than a 100 episodes written, the writers has managed to still keep is variable, interesting and worth watching, something which can be really difficult and several other shows fails at it - but not Psych! I like to think that this is not just because Steve Franks is very talented, but also because there's several people writing the episodes. Among these is James Roday, who plays Shawn Spencer, he's even directed a few of the episodes too. This helps the show not becoming too onesided and boring. Another thing I love about Psych is their takes on other movies and series. Among these in their take on 'Clue' and 'Twin Peaks', with the original cast joining Psych in a new take on the story. Other horror classics like 'The Shining' and 'Friday the 13th' are psyched up at some point and brings a little humor to all the horror, while still tributing the original story. Shawn and Gus are not only dealing with day-to-day obvious murder cases, but also touches cases, which seems supernatural, to the naked eye, cases of ghosts, demons, vampires and even werewolves, and then there's the question whether they're real or not... ;)

You quickly fall in love with the characters and the unique bromance between Shawn and Gus. From the moment you see Juliet and Shawn, together, in the cafe, for the first time, you know they're gonna end up together and you're turning to mush everytime a little sign of affection is shown between them. The chemistry between the characters evident, from the good chemitry between the actors.

Wellplayed and belivable characters means everything in a story, and I gotta admit that Psych exels in this. I absolutely love this show! If I had to give one critic, it would be (SPOILER) the way Shawn and Juliet gets back together after a break up. the break up is a big deal, so I kinda expected and hoped they got back together in a grand way, but it was rather subtle and kinda dissapointing, (SPOILER END) but other than that, I have no critisme. An unique thing about the show, is the titlesong, written and song by Steve Franks and his band, Friendly Indians. The song is not just a titlesong, but tends to variate and match the theme of the episode. Ever wondered how an english titlesong sounded in Hindi? So, with everything, I give a big, BIG 10 out of 10 to Psych!! :D
  • Psycho Psych Fan

Psych is my life. I love it! Anybody who doesn't is crazy! Every episode is fabulous and they just keep getting better! I love psych with all my heart!
  • Second Best Show Ever!

This show is a hilarious detective show that does not follow the status quo. James Roday plays "Psychic Detective" Shawn Spencer. On my chart it is the second best show ever to hit a . screen, In front of Buffy the Vampire Slayer but behind Leverage.
  • Best detective show on tv

Psych is an amazing detective show with great mysteries and hilarious characters. Not to mention that James Roday improvises most of his lines. Psych will continue to be one of my favorite shows and has something for everyone.
  • Best Show on Television

Someone finally came up with a Murder Mystery TV Series that does not take itself too seriously. While I will continue to watch every episode, the writers need to do us all a favor and stick with the original formula. Season 7 dropped off a little. Also what's up with Dule Hill's mustache?
  • The One and Only Funny Detective Show

I love this show and I will cry my eyes out if it gets cancel!!! It's One of the Best Shows Everrrr!!!
  • Great show!!!

I love this show but i think that the episode 3 in 7 season isn't ok because I'm serbian and that is insulting our country. And after that i watch this show because is really u for consider my comment because like everyone else I like my state..

< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10