Psych

USA (ended 2014)

layle1

Psych Fan Reviews page 6 of 11

• Shawn Spencer is a fake detective who solves cases for the cops.

Sometimes Psych creeps me out a little bit but overall I like it. Its funny, it is always a mystery, but I hate their use of dead bodies because they always look so real! It kind of freaks me out sometimes. I think the best part is the comedy exspecailly coming from Shawn. He always has something funny to say or to do because... well... he's Shawn. He was always a funny random idiot, but I mean that in a good way. I like to watch funny random idiots on TV. They make a lot of people laugh. Anyways, PSYCH ROCKS!
  • Psych, often times, makes my day.

I really, really like this show. The chemistry between all the actors is awesome. I didn't watch the pilot until recently and I must say I'm very glad that Maggie Lawson had to replace Anne Dudek who, in my opinion, wasn't very compelling. I especially love the relationship between Shawn and Henry. I have a new love for Corbin Benson. I think that more than a few people will agree that more than anything the Shawn/Gus friendship is the cutest thing. I love the way they help and sabotage each other interchangeably. 'Shawn and Gus of the Dead' is one of my favorite episodes mostly because of the back and forth between these two.

I definitely look forward to more seasons of this show.
  • What a horrible show! Bad acting pus bad premise plus horrendous writing equals a trainwreck of a program on prime time. Who gets paid to put this garbage on the screen?

What a horrible show! Bad acting pus bad premise plus horrendous writing equals a trainwreck of a program on prime time. Who gets paid to put this garbage on the screen? I could go on and on about how rediculous all aspects of the show are but this review will never see the light of day. This may be the first show ever with no redeeming characters at all. How is that possible. Who is the audience supposed to not loathe and root for? The arrogant and stupid protagonist? Are you kidding?

Please fire the writers, the directors and the individuals in charge of giving this drivel air time.
  • Fake Psychic. Real detective. Ultimate buddy show!

With Psych, USA does what it does best -- you get a great comedy and amazing characters without the overdone elements of a procedural crime show. Enter Shawn Spencer. Bart Simpson's rightful predecessor for those of us (like Shawn) that were in junior high when Bart SImpson hit the non-plasm/non-LCD/non-flat TV screen as the ultimate under achiever. The perfect evolution of the concept for the 30 somethings. A guy who thrives on his self involved irresponsible life style. The show exceeds at bringing great characters and great writing to the screen. Like it's 80s pop culture references, any similarity to the average sitcom is tongue and cheek. But, the best part about this show is the chemistry between the actors particularly James Roday (Shawn Spencer) and Dule Hill (Burton "Gus" Guster). Great comedic performances!

If nothing else, this show is highly quotable.
  • This show is Great!!

Psych has proven to be a phenomenal show in my opinion. The first ten minutes of the pilot will leave you in stitches and the show never fails from then on.The interactions between the duo and the cops is both hilarious and heartwarming at the same time.

It is a brilliant show in both terms of acting as well as the story lines. Shawn is a riot and his quirky antics as well as his relationship with best friend, and fellow Psych partner Gus, is heartwarming and hilarious at the same time. It's a battle between brains and sex appeal and the dynamics between them is a delight to watch. Psych is an original and refreshing take on crime/cop based shows and the originality can be felt from the get go. I highly recommend Psych to anyone who wants a good laugh or who wants a new take on crime/cop shows as you wont be disappointed.
  • Psyche is about a guy Shawn whose father trained him since he was a boy to become a police dective. Shawn doesn't want to be a dective. So he dreams up this fake psychic gimic and recrutes is best friend Gus into opening a fake psychic dective agency.

This show in a nut shell is crazy. Shawn and Gus are hysterical. These two best friends get into much trouble to help out the police. This is one of the funniest shows I have seen in a long time. The hyginx the two get into is one of the best I have seen on tv for a long time or even ever.

This show is totally original I don't ever remember a show that has come out that has been this original in a long time espically lately. This is a show you are either going to love or hate.
  • You got to watch this!

Psych is the best show besides NCIS! Shawn and Gus are so funny in this show and they work great together. It also helps when Lassie is there to ruin their fun. You got to watch this show if you haven't watched it yet; I know as a fact that u will like it. Shawn doesn't even let his father get in the way of him figuring out the case. I mean his father raises him to notice everything and now that he's older and is doing a good job doing what he was raised to do his father gets upset. I mean get over it dad. Watch this show its great!!!!
  • I'm seeing something... It's all clear now!

I love this show.
    I heard of it before, but never thought I'd really like it, so I decided to not even start watching, but a few weeks ago, I decided to give it a shot. Now it's one of my favorite shows. (It isn't the top favorite because I have this addiction to another show, but this one's not far behind)
    I just love this huge lie that Shawn started that actually doesn't get all that bad, since he's right most of the time. And his "episodes" are so funny.
    It's a great show, very funny and pretty original. And the relationships between the characters get us into some silly yet funny scenes too.
    A must watch if you like comedies, in my opinion.
  • Shawn Spencer is a funny guy who had lots of jobs since high school, but also has incredible observation skills and while using them to solve a crime showed on tv, he calls the police and gives them some tips.

The police department believes that such a good tip could only come from 'inside people' and tell Shawn to go to the police station. When he gets there, they try to arrest him and that's when the fun begins: he tells them he is a psychic.
    Then he use his abilities to prove them that he is telling the truth, even though he is not. Chief Vick says that if they discover that he is lying, he would go to the jail and asks him to help detective Lassiter and his female partner on a case. Shawn and his relutant best friend Gus go investigate. Lassiter obviously hates them and tries to prove that he is not a psychic, even after Shawn and Gus solve the crime.
    It's always fun to watch the discussions between Shawn and Gus, Shawn and Lassiter and Shawn and his father, Henry. They are always fighting, we kinda expect that on every single episode. Other funny thing is the way Shawn pretends to sense things on the crime scene or in the end of the episode. It is some sort of parody about real psychics, I guess. It's a really nice show to watch. Not as complicated as C.S.I. (that I love) and not as silly as... other silly shows.
    It's a relaxing show and I watch it for a long time, not just because James Roday is so funny, handsome and awesome, but cause the show is also awesome. Watch it! It's great!
  • So funny!! So Great!!

I am so glad that I watched Psych when it started. I just think it is so funny but I also like that its a cop show. It is original and just fun to watch after a long day, kinda helps you unwind. It is a break from all the other detective shows where its all about the crime and the blood and gore, but in Psych its all about how he outsmarts the detectives and bad guys and catches their killer. I think that the best thing about this show is that when it does go into personal information it isn't dramatic life or death situation like in some cop shows, but the show stays very focused on the main plot and it is really funny.
  • Like no other!

Normally you see just regular old detectives doing thier thing with no life or humor in what they do. Psych is a diffrent story. He is so funny and goofy but yet very smart. He has like super vision. At the beginning of the series Gus was very sophistigated and thought the whole psychic gag was stupid. Toward I think season two he started to get more comfortable with the whole thing and actually started to play a role in the act. Shawn's dad is hillarious. He thinks faking being a psychic is sort of a waste of time but he still supports his son even if he don't want to. Psych is something you can watch on a bad day to make it a happy day. :)
  • A buddy crime show with a bit of a twist. Shawn and Gus are partners in crime solving but a bit unconventional. With Shawn faking being a psychic and his friend Gus along for the ride, they find themselves solving mysteries for the police department.

This is a personal favorite of mine. I remember watching the pilot episode and just thinking, "Wow, this is certainly different than a lot of those other crime mystery shows." It's just so much fun to watch! Gus and Shawn are hilarious. The humor they produce from their scenes together are so funny and yet very original. Then of course there is Lassiter. I love his character to death. He tries to be so serious and commanding but with Shawn not being one to run along with what people tell him, it just turns out to being an awkward situation for him. Anyways, I would recommend this show to everyone. It's definitely in my top 5 shows.
  • lol funny

Psych combines those two worlds. Murder with a laugh. Shawn is the main detective of the show. Working as a "psychic" for the police. He's as good as any of the main detectives out there with a difference, he wants to make his work fun being as goofy as he wants. With the help of his best friend Gus they solve many many casese This show is very clever and witty. The writing dealing with the plot is good and the dialogue banter between every character is quick and amazing. Psych has amazing characters and great actors to portray them. I can't see anyone else filling in those spots Overall, it's an amazing show. It's definitely one of my favorites.
  • Lighthearted

While my family watches soap operas and reality shows there's nothing like a good detective shows. I like from the spine chilling, technicals, and other serious types, but once in a while we all need a good laugh. Psych combines those two worlds. Murder with a laugh. Shawn is the main detective of the show. Working as a "psychic" for the police. He's as good as any of the main detectives out there with a difference, he wants to make his work fun being as goofy as he wants. With the help of his best friend Gus and his serious dad, Shawn is out to give you a good laugh for each case.
  • Take one psychic, one reluctant best friend, one not too impressed nor happy detective, one fresh and young detective, and one father who thinks psychics disgrace the name of real heroes = a recipe of a perfect comedy/drama detective show.

Psych is about a "psychic" Shawn Spencer and his best friend Burton Guster (Gus). Shawn pretends to be psychic while solving cases with Gus fro the Santa Barbara police department. Gus reluctantly helps along with each case and watching those two work it out is half the fun. Other characters include Henry (Shawn's father), Lassiter, and Juliet. Henry, who used to be a former police officer, is not too thrilled with his son's act. Lassiter, well let's just say psychics and Shawn aren't too high on his list. Juliet is a new transfer to the department, who is more of a believer in Shawn's psychicness then her partner Lassiter. She proves that even though she is young, she deserves to be working along Santa Barbara's finest policemen and "psychic".

This show is very clever and witty. The writing dealing with the plot is good and the dialogue banter between every character is quick and amazing. Psych has amazing characters and great actors to portray them. I can't see anyone else filling in those spots. Their chemistry with each other, whether it be love or hate is perfect. A special mention for James Roday and Dule Hill, because their chemistry as best friends is very believable and terrific. They have easily become one of my top favorite crime fighting partners in television history.

This show has to be one of my most favorite shows on television today. It is a show well worth the time. I suggest that everyone should give it a try.
  • Hey People! Where's the love?

I cannot understand why this show is so poorly rated on the episodes. Everyone of them are funny, clever and well plotted. Honestly, Psych better than most comedies I have seen over the years. The hilarious antics of Shawn and Gus trying to solve crimes with their "psychic" abilities is something of a combination of the relationship between J.D and Turk from scrubs and the genius intellect of monk with a big dose of CSI. Okay, so it may not be completely original but it delivers a great overall effect in every episode. I personally would rate this my number one show if Lost didn't exist but unfortunately...or fortunately rather...it does. So if you enjoy some quirky humor, stellar acting and psychic abilities...psych is definitely the show for you
  • This should would get the "most improved" star at kindergarten graduation

There are several shows I watch simply because they're on and I've always watched them. "Psych" used to be like that for me. I watch all of the other USA series, so I watched this too, even though I didn't think it was very good.

However, "Psych" has really found itself over the past couple seasons. Each character has finally found his or her own place in the show, and the cast has built a great chemistry. Of course, sometimes the psychic element is shoe-horned in a bit, like it's just tacked on when they remembered the premise of the show. And though I LOVE Corbin Bernsen, his appearances should be limited to scenes that actually make sense to the plot.

Overall though, this is a really fun show. And with little else showing new episodes because of the writer's strike, it's worth checking out.
  • This show is just hilarious.

First of all the idea of a fake psychic is just brilliant. I always have to laugh very hard when he gets some sort of vision. I also love the expressions on Gus face when he does that. The dynamics between all the characters is just awesome. I especially love the dynamics between Shawn and Gus. You can really tell that they know each other almost their whole lives, they also have two totally different personalities so it's always fun to see them together. I also think that Shawn and Juliet should get together soon, they would make a great couple.

They cases they have to solve are great and always bring a lot of humor in the show. It sucks that the episodes aren't aired here in the Netherlands, but because I love this show I always make sure that somehow I can watch the new episodes.
  • psych is a good show but i like monk better

psych does not copy monk by any means . however shawn is like monk in a way seeing that he's a bit special and gus resembles monk's assistant natalie / sharona . when i gave it a chance i liked it but monk will win in plot and comedy . even though this show is good , i dont think it can beat monk at all in my opinion . it's still a good show though . so , you rock go both psych and monk ! the best shows in usa ( the channel ) no doubt about it :D !
  • Pretty good show to watch. Funny too.

It's about a guy named Shawn who has great observance skills. He claims that he's "psychic", even if he's not. But he does seem psychic. He has a friend, GUS, who is sarcastic! :D They solve crimes of course! Awsome show. I thought I woundn't like it at first! But I did! HAHA! You always have a laugh now and then. Well, I have to make the minimum of 100 words.. HAHA! :lol: Lasador and Co. are funny too. Okay, I'm being repetetive with "funny". Haha. And "Haha". OUT OF TOPIC. :D Anyways, my 100 words is up.. Yay, whoohoo!
  • Shawn and Gust BS their way to investigate a case of "foul" play at a spelling bee competition.

For those Aussies who just saw the premier the pilot may not have been a big smash like many shows but showed potential. The theme of a con of a psychic investigator is a great concept but lacks the fantasy of supernatural powers. Since Shawn does not actually psychic power his cunning attention to detail and investigative technique create the bases of a typical crime investigation show. But the show has a comedy twist in between the serious investigation of crimes which makes things more interesting. One of the shows main assets are the vibrant characters in the show. Shawn and Gus seem more like a bunch of high school idiot stumbling over evidence. James Roday does a stupidly hilarious slapstick act when revealing his findings which mock rather than portray psychic powers.

I have to say the show is not an instant classic but show potential to grow into a primetime favourite.
  • Being a fan of Detective shows, I find this series to be more than just entertaining...

while I haven't seen the pilot episode, each episode makes it clear what's going on in the series. The main character--and quite a character he is--is a man named Shawn Spencer. his brilliant deductive reasonings lead people to believe he's... well, psychic, though he isn't.

Even though he isn't psychic, he manages to fool everyone in thinking he is, and gets a job at the police department as the resident psychic. using his "Amazing supernatural abilities," he manages to close one case after another. Of course, you can't assume a guy who pretends he's psychic is going to be a very... normal person, if you will. The show, while being on-edge and on-top of it, having rational lines of clues to follow to the closing of the case, also contains, understandably, quite a bit of humor.

With his parner, Gus, Shawn manages to get himself wedged in a hundred different identities and situations where he's exposed to danger and trouble. There isn't a show where a running joke isn't displayed, or a problematic situation is entered, or even a flashback to when he was 12.

Speaking of which, the flashbacks... It's amazing, You can blame Shawn's quirkiness on his father, who taught him everything he knew. In the flashbacks, you can clearly see that Shawn is normal for his age group, and possibly more normal and mature than he is now. But by being taught his dad's super deductive reasoning skills and a cop's instincts, Shawn is made into the oddity he is today.

And to be perfectly honest, the show is a reprieve from all the drama crime shows that are airing nowdays. Although you don't notice it at first, the show is heavil satirical. Anyone hear of 'ghostwhisperer'? CSI? Moonlight? well, this show is nothing at all like those. Not only is the main character a thumb towards the basic idea of crime shows (where everything is direly serious and you're attempting to save people's lives,) By having the detective never be serious at all, you're also making fun of all the ideas of a psychic detective. People are probably most drawn to it because it isn't dramatic, which is a genre that's way overused, but the crime and investigation is still a fun puzzle to watch unfold.

Truthfully, this is really a great show. I wouldn't be wasting an hour of my time on a show that wasn't. The jokes are funny, the Plotlines are amazing, and the characters are awesome. when you've got some free time, check out an episode or two. Trust me, you'll be hooked.
  • Pretty good

I've just started to watch psych in Portugal (I'm on episode 11) and I think it is an inovated show :). It's a type of comedy pretty original and every episode gets better and better . A friend of mine recomended to me and im happy that it did because the show is amazing :D . The only thing that i think the show don't have much action . I know that this isn't prison brake but it could have a little more action. Sometimes it gets to slow and I say this because nowadays there's no show that don't have a little bit of action .
    But in conclusion it stills a great show :D !!!!
  • This show is about one guy who pretends to be psychic and the other is his best friend who trys to keep him in line.

This show is hilarious. I love that is a comedy and a mystery. The are always at each others throats on alot of things but at the end they are always friends. The detecitves that hire them as well are very funny too. It reminds me of me and my brother lol. ANy way i can't wait to see new episodes for this and I look forward to seeing them
    I know i have seen some of these charactors before or they look like other actors I've seen before but i would recommend this show to any and everybody that ask me if its a good show. Ciao
  • GREAT SHOW

Psych is about a fake psychic Shaun and is partner Gus. Out witting the police and sovling the case at the same time it is both funny and well funny Shaun is funny and Gus is like his mom. His dad is the over athourity type and Shaun is a rule breaker you do the math.....*DING* you got the answer..corrcet they do not go that well with each other at all. The police caption is on ok with me but the Lutient is not at all serverly time he adimts hating him and is a decrees to the deparment and the force. The show is will keep you watching week in and week out...
  • Shawn is a self centered know-it-all...

Shawn is a self centered know-it-all who cares nothing for the people he is trying to help. The only thing he cares about is finishing first and steeling every one else's thunder, even if it means ruining his best friend. What more could we ask for in a hero? Perhaps a little more depth of being? Perhaps a conscience? Naaa! House is exactly the same way and we love him.

Still, this show is a bit formulaic and that sometimes makes it hard for me to watch. I would like to see more characters like the whacked out 'Idol' judge from the season 2 premier. She was a delight.
  • Oh my gosh!!!! I love this show sooooo much!!!! I think I would just die if I couldn't get new Catch phrases and Quotes from Shawn (And occasionally Gus) Every week!! I just think that James Roday is sooooooooo amazing!! I want to be on Psych soooo BAD!!

What else can I say about Psych except that is is the most well written and Well directed Comedy show that I have EVER seen! James Roday and Dule Hill are amazing! They are talented and FUNYY as what! I never miss an eppisode! Once you see it, you're instantly addicted! There's no escaping Shawn's unorthodox charm and all the amazingly funny referances and jokes he tells. James Roday and Dule Hill are comedic scourcerers! The own! I still can't beleive that Psych hasn't won an Emmy yet!!I for one can't get enough of it and I will MOST definetley cry when it's all over. I would love to be on the show! If I could choose 4 shows to be on They would be Smallville, Lost, Kyle XY, and Psych! I love the fact that James helps write the scripts! It just gives the show more flavor! I give Psych like a bizzillion on a scale from 1 to 10!!
  • a psych who is not more than a excelent watcher.

I like shawn spencer too much. comecei a assistir sem compromisso mas o show me conquistou pela irreverência dos personagens principais, Shawn e Gus, e a relação com o pai ex policial é mais um dos hilários problemas psicológicos deste pseudo psiquico que busca sua própria identidade longe dos parâmetros de seu pai mas que cada vez mais se parece com ele. Alem disso, o eterno amigo de infância, contra-parte da complicada personalidade de Shawn coloca "água fria" nos devaneios mais absurdos deixando o detetive com os pés no chão. É um show para ver e se divertir sem compromisso com a veracidade ou não da história, recomendo a quem queira se divertir. I started to watched with no expectation, but the show got me because of the characteres of Shawn and Gus and the relationship with Shawn's father, former policeman, person which Shawn would not like to be so alike; besides, the duo with the friend who keeps Shawn with his feet on the ground when he escapes to other reality . It's a show to watch for fun not to think so much, in a good mood.
  • Psych is my number one, all-time favorite show ever! It has everything that I look for in a TV show. This includes comedy, crime and mystery, and detectives! Oh, and I can't forget Not to mention that this show is on USA Network, my favorite channel ever!

Psych is the best show ever! I freaking love this show! >< haha! It's the funniest, crime-solving detective show I've ever seen! *big grin*

I love the relationship between Shawn Spencer and Burton 'Gus' Guster. These two guys are best friends who grew up together since they were kids.

I also love the father son relationship between Shawn and Henry.
    When I say 'relationship', I don't mean the typical, father and son bond, but rather the lack of a said bond. The relationship between them is rather complicated, actually. Even though Henry doesn't show it, he really does love his son, and vice versa.

All the characters of Psych have a certain level of funny, and Shawn is definitely on the top of the scale, that's for sure. He's hilarious! And I love the pineapple obsession! *laughs* Shawn Spencer is my second favorite character.

Carlton Lassiter is the Head Detective of the Police Department. He is my favorite character on the show. Though he isn't the funniest character, he still makes me laugh out loud.

I love the fact that the Chief of Police is a female. Karen Vick worked with Henry Spencer before he retired, and she respects both father and son. She gives off an aura of strictness, but she really isn't as harsh as she seems at first, though she does demand respect.
  • This show shouldn't be this much fun, but it totally is

Ok, the idea of a fake psychic has been done before, so when I first heard about this show I was skeptical. Fortunetly a friend of mine had it on, and it quickly became a part of my weekly rutine. The show crosses a lot of lines, but in the end the characters are true and plot just gets more and more rediculious. So why can't I stop watching? The references in Shawn's 'visions' and that he just says to Gus, ammuse me, and even though I can not believe no one at the police department would figure out that he is faking. It is not a show about dumb cops being outsmarted (well... not really). Between the jokes and obsurd references, the show is worth watching at least once, but when you add in the relationships between characters and the way that the actors portray them it keeps the watcher intrigued and ammused for episode after episode.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10