Psych

USA (ended 2014)

layle1

Psych Fan Reviews page 9 of 11

• James Roday stars in the new hit show PSYCH

James Roday plays Shawn Spencer, who has fooled the police department into thinking he's a real psychic, but in reality he just has a photographic memory, the only detective that does not buy it is Carlton Lassiter. The show also stars Corbin Bernsen as his father.

The show normally starts with shawn as a kid with his dad, and normally what happens pertains to something that happens in the episode.

After convincing the police that he is psychic him and his best friend Gus open a detective agency called PSYCH, and they start doing investgations for the police department.

A great new show, that has a great cast, and is chalk full of humor, action and a little bit of drama.
  • Its not bad, but it doesn't always hold my interest

When I first started seeing commercials for this, I was really excited. I always like crime, mystery shows, and I thought this was a really neat twist. The Fake Psychic Detective.
    Well... it is good, but not nearly as good as I hoped from the commercials. I don't know why, but it doesn't really hold my interest. I don't know if it is the slightly juvienille Shawn. Or the way no one seems to trust him (give him a break, he has been right all along, sooner or later, someone should trust him at least once), or something else entirely.
    I still watch it, but, I think it could get better, because it is a really interesting idea, and I am not ready to give up on it... yet.
  • This is my new favorite show! I totally love this show. It's the best thing on TV these days!

This show is fresh, innovative, and the cutest comedy on TV these days. I love every character on this show, and everyone is just sooo funny! Timothy Omundson is absolutely wonderful as Detective Carlton Lassiter, and anyone who doesn't think that James Rodey as Shawn Spencer is absolutely genius, is insane. Every episode cracks me up. For the first time in ages, I'm laughing out loud at things I'm seeing on the TV. How often does that happen these days? On top of which, the Psych Outs at the end of new episodes?! OMG! The best things EVER! Plus, the producers actually wrote and sung the theme song. How inventive is that?! And the song is cute too! I can't wait for January to watch new episodes. I've been dying since August. This is going to be great! I hope it continues to be popular and they keep making new episodes. It would be an absolute tragedy if this show got canceled.
  • Love this show!!

Can\\\'t wait for the new season! This series is a home run! USA delivered a new concept - unusual in this day of re-hashed ideas on TV! It looks like it has paid off in the ratings! See people do appreciate a clever plot device! Great writing! Great cast! James Roday makes Shawn come to life with a combinaton of whimsy, clever turns of \\\"psychic\\\" power and Daddy Dearest angnst. Good to see/hear Corbin Bernsen and Dulé Hill again. That about covers it! Be sure and add new episodes to I-Tunes, so I can download and enjoy the show on the road...
  • it's a show that mixes csi, with a bit of humor, starting out when the main character is accused of a crime, so to get out of it, he begins to solve cases for the police convincing them he is psychic, he is happy about his work, but his father disagrees.

the show, brings in an idea, that is not completely original, yet it adds a new twist to it which is interesting. overall the plots are good, et at times can be somewhat predictable, yet it is a good show to watch the first time, i personally would not say it's a show you watch over many times, such as friends, or family guy, but it does have it's moments. this show will give you some laughs, but i do not think it will become one of those shows with an almost cult like following. all in all it is a good show, even if it is not the best
  • Story of a "psychic" named Shawn Spencer who uses his special abilities to solve crimes.

This is a fairly decent show. I mainly love it because it's sooooo funny. Shawn Spencer is sooo dramatic when he fakes a vision and it is funny to see him make a fool of himself. My favorite characters are: Shawn and Gus. There isn't a single episode I don't like. I can't wait until the new season comes on. I don't really know what else to say, but I still have several words to go until I reach the minimum amount so: I love psych! I love psych! I love psych! I love psych! I love psych! I love psych!
  • The New Monk!

I saw the pilot for this show when iTunes offered it as one of their free downloads and I have not looked back since.

I have seen all the episodes as of date and love it! There are way too many detective and crime solving shows on TV today. This is one of the few that stand out. The Character Shawn Spencer is superb. He is \"a fake psychic, real detective.\" His attention to detail allows him to solve crimes. On the occasion, he goes to his father, a former cop for help.

This show is USA Networks new Monk if I say so myself!
  • PSYCHed out about this show!

It's a roller, this one!
    More often than not I find myself rolling on the floor, laughing like mad. Along with its USA-made peer, Monk - Psych is one of the most promising detective shows on TV nowadays. With very funny and light scripts, it is a very good sigh at the end of a day - just a show to get home to after a long distressing day at the office. I think most of the magic of the show is a result of exceptional casting of the two main characters -
    James Roday as Detective-wannabe Shawn Spencer, who couldn't get a detective job in police line despite his irregular gift of perception, so he pretends to have "psychic" abilities, while trying to charm any woman around (except the Chief of police - whom he fails to impress with his manly charms) and while "sticking it" to Carlton Lassiter (Tim Omundson) who plays the "real" detective, who despises Spencer.
    Spencer, along with Burton "Guss" Guster - his sidekick/portable conscience - encounters many mysterious cases and solves them while mostly sneaking around and behind the backs of "real" police investigators (while pretending to be aided from above).

This show is a must for the lovers of a good laugh!!!
  • Was not expecting it to be this good.

I was watching some horrible show on TV with my dad last summer, and on commercial we were about to change the channel, but then this commercial came on and I was laughing out of my chair. It was a preview for the show 'Psych'. I doubted the show would be that great, but I watched the pilot just because of the commercial. To my surprise it was Actually, it was better. I watched every episode after that on summer vacation, and when I got back to school I heard people talking about it. About how bad it was. Well, I have to disagree. This is quite possibly one of the best shows on television today.
  • Not a lot brain power behind this one but entertaining. Another cop/buddy show with focus on the solving of a mystery than on bullets flying all over the place.

Refreshing change and plenty of humor. Biggest challenge for the survival of this show is for the writers to keep coming up with the good stuff so the idea behind the show doesn't go stale and how far they can stretch the series before we have our first flashback episode. Question is can the show go the distance?
  • one of my favorites shows! =D!

this show it's totally awesome xD!

everytime i whatch it i laugh!

shawn is totally awesome! he is like a funny shameless modern Sherlock Holmes!

burton is great too xD! not as funny or interesting as Shawn but still awesome, they complement each other, shawn is the crazy one, burton is the rational one.

the cases are great and interesting too, because even if the characters were funny, if the stories are not then the show is not that good, but this is definitely not the case, because both characters and stories are really intersting!

this tv show will make you laugh for sure =D! highly recommended! =D!
  • Psych is about Shaun, a man who has great obseration skills. They get him in trouble with the police when he first uses them to try to tip them off to acrime. So he convinces the police force that he is a psychic and begins solving crimes for these guys.

This show rocks. I have seen quite a few of the episodes and I have laughed every time. The actors are great and some of the moments are just hilarious. I love some of the awkward moments between Psych and Gus, especially that episode where they say that they are, "partners" and the guy who they are talking to misunderstands. The acting is great, the idea is original, and the show has a lot of potential. I will be tuning in next season.
  • a man and his photographic memory on a misson to help do justice

7.3
    Shawn Spencer happens to possess some uncanny powers of observation; his police officer father, Henry, taught his son to remember even the smallest details of his surroundings. So when Shawn is accused of committing a crime that he actually solved, he convinces the cops that he's a psychic -- and with the reluctant help of best friend Gus, Shawn starts solving cases for a skeptical but increasingly impressed police force.

BRIEF HISTORY:Steve Franks ("Big Daddy"), Kelly Kulchack and Chris Henze are the executive producers.
    STARS: * James Roday as Shawn Spencer * Dule Hill as Gus * Corbin Bernsen as Henry Spencer
  • You've been Psyched lol

This is a quality show and it makes me laugh out loud with the verbal and visual comedy that it delivers with such finnesse, The two main characters are a combination that goes together like ice cream and jelly and is great anytime,The story lines are well thought out and always have a few twists in to keep you guessing,
    I also like the little flash back segments that fill you in on Shawns past showing you the leasons his father has taught him showing you how Shawn became the man he is now and how he is able to pull of all of his busts
  • in my reveiw,you will see how when i first seen the show i fell in love with it and it influenced me to wanna become a PRivate detective and have a firm like his and a goofy freind.but we dont pretend to be physcic

Physch is one of my fav shows and i love it.since the first episode i fell in love with it and might wanna be a detective like him cause he's funny and adorible and that is the best show ever.at first i thought it was gonna be a boring show but then i got into it and loved it simply loved it nad i can't wait till it comes back on in january!.
  • ... but that doesn't mean it isn't good!!

Psych is a very interesting premise. However, it clearly resembles Monk. Also, the main character, Shawn Spencer, is funny but can get a teeny bit annoying after a while.

I'd like to see the writers explore the relationships, not just romantic, between the characters a little more in the future.

That being said, the script is so funny my friends and I quote it for weeks. The premise is relatively original, it sort of just combines other shows' plots (we have shows about psychics, we have shows about private investigators...) but, and I could be wrong about this, no one else has done so yet. The individual episodes have interesting plots.

The show also has tremendous potential. We've already begun to explore the characters' backstories and they all have such colorful personalities. Even with just the premise, there are practically endless potential storylines to explore. Shawn's relationship with his father also opens many doors for character development.

Overall, this is a good show with the potential to be great. Keep up the good work!!
  • This is a show about Shawn Spencer and Gus who pretend to be phsycics to solve crimes for the Santa Barbara Police Department.

This is a good show. The different levels of this show make it more interesting. It isn't just a detective show, it is a comedy.

All the episodes I have seen have been different from anyother show I have seen. It is an interesting show because of the mystery in it. They always solve a crime, and crack some jokes while they are doing it. Shawn is the funniest detective ever, because he always discovers something and thinks up a funny way to "see" it for the Police. This makes the show full of unexpected laughs that sneak up on you. It is very difficult to watch this show, for me, and not to laugh. I love this show. It solves crimes, but its more than just solving murders, it is trying not to get caught. Why would Gus and Shawn get caught? Because Shawn isn't really a phsycic. He pretends to be because he notices every detail about things. That is how his dad raised him. He notices everything, which he can then "reveal" to the Police in a "vision".

This show is funny, and I am sad it isn't on, new, again until January.
  • The funniest show on TV right now!

What can you say about "Psych": it's funny, original, entertaining, and awesome!
    It is one of the best new shows. It makes me laugh everytime. The actor's chemistry is great. You really feel there is a history to their friendship. They always come up with smart storylines.
    I think one of the best things is that unlike most cop shows, it doesn't take itself too seriously. It does have a formula to it, but also has a sort of "Monk" feel to it. This is what makes shows on USA original. They could be like any other shows we see on TV, but they're not.
    Psych is a great new show on USA and anyone who isn't watching it is missing lots of fun time!
  • What do you do when you're dragged into a police station because you're way too observant?

Pretend to be a psychic, of course! Why would you want to tell authorities that your father has molded you into a brilliant detective since you were a kid when you can pretend to have mystic powers?

I can understand pretending to be a psychic with those observation skills. Really. I can. But starting up a psychic detective agency on just that is just a tad ridiculous. Of course, it also fits straight into Shawn's character. Which just makes it awesome as opposed to ridiculous.

Shawn has worked with the cops every episode of the first season, even when he has a client that isn't the PD. We have the sceptical lead detective, the gorgeous, straight out of the academy rookie who knows the rules, and the- deputy chief?- who makes sure that everything runs smoothly.

All in all, it's a wonderful show with great characters. Very enjoyable. I look forward to the next season, and if it's half as good as the first, I think I'll enjoy it.
  • Smart, Funny, and Unique New Show

A funny CSI? The return of Moonlighting? PSYCH has great fun combining crime show and buddy picture. James Roday and Dule Hill are well-cast as best friends and hesitant investigation partners, and it is fun to see Corbin Bernsen in the role of gruff and demanding father - in stark contrast to his early "pretty-boy" work on L.A. Law. Very well written, with a fast-pace through the story and humor throughout, it is smart enough to keep you thinking and accessible (and appropriate) enough for younger family members. PSYCH has become our new "must-TiVo" show because it draws the entire family - middle school, high school, and parents - to the TV.
  • This was one of those shows I hesitated to give a chance. Well it won me over 10 minutes into the pilot episode.

Psych has quickly moved into one of my favorite shows on tv. This show uses so much humor even going such lengths as making fun of itself to get a laugh. There is indeed so much chemistry between the characters of Shawn (James Roday) and Burton (Dule Hill) you can believe they have been friends for many years. Corbin Berson plays Shawn's overbearing father to perfection. This show has proved that solving a crime at a spellingbee contest can actually be interesting. If you are looking for something different that is set apart from anything else on tv this show is for you.
  • A pretend psychic and his friend along for the ride. Very Funny!!

I already watch "Monk", another very funny show, when I saw this show being advertised. I made sure to set the dvr hoping it would be as funny as the previews were and I wasn't disappointed.
    I think "Psych" is a nice change from the regular detective shows out there such as all those CSI shows. I don't mind CSI, but I enjoy watching shows that make me laugh and this show does. What makes the show even better is his 'sidekick' who really doesn't want to have anything to do with his fake psychic abilities, but is dragged along against his will most of the time.
    I hope this show continues to last instead of falling behind like so many other great shows have done in the past.
  • I really like the cleverness of this show but I still see the need for some fine tuning. In particular Shawn. He needs to have an occasional warm and fuzzy moments and help someone.

I am not crazy about all the wise cracks Shawn is always making it. It makes him appear to be shallow and uncaring. Why should anyone continue to help him, when he never does anything but pull tricks on them? We need to see some of the more redeeming characteristics and less of the self centered know it all. I'm not saying that you need to make him all warm and fuzzy, but it always seems to appear that the only thing important to him is what he wants. It is always possible to be childlike with out being childish.
  • New personal favorite.

Psych is my new favorite show. It combines humor with crimes and i like that. The whole concept of the show is great. Shawn who has a photographic memory poses as a psychic to work as a dective. The cast is britallant and the story lines are hillarious. I can't wait till next weeks eposide.
  • I thought the story line is hilarious. It's so funny how bad of a psychic he really is. I also think the crimes and plot twist and how everything seems to connect really makes this show interesting.

When I first watched it I thought it was great. Everyone is funny and the story. Shawn Spencer and his outrageous acts of being a psychic is so unbelievable yet believable in a way. Great show and I recommend others to watch it. Also Gus is such a weird best friend to Shawn that it makes it even greater. Gus can be funny and he is the core behind it and I think it just makes it a whole lot better. I can't wait to see more every week. Psych is one of the best comedy / drama show out there.
  • What a fun way to spend the summer!

"Absolutely fabulous" isn't the best way to describe this new series, but it is close. The cable networks have finally figured out what viewers want to see while the broadcast networks bore us to tears with tired repeats and specials that aren't very special. Psych took me by complete surprise. Who knew Dulé Hill could do comedy? All the actors are perfect for their respective roles, and the writing is cute, funny, and clever. This show doesn't take itself too seriously. Even seeing Corbin Bernsen wearing that ridiculous hairpiece in the flashback sequences are funny because he doesn't try to "act" young. Psych is a show a family can watch together on Friday nights.
  • Lots of promise!!

The show is filled with lots of promise and with
    Quirky writing and acting thanks to the acting of James
    Roday as Shawn Springs who is trying to clear his name
    And he is indeed the breakout star and here's hoping this
    Show will do what Monk did to Tony Shaloub. Dule Hill, late of the West Wing, plays his sidekick parnter, straight man!
  • I can\'t think of anything to better describe PSYCH than its original ad campaign: \"Fake Psychic, Real Detectives\".

This show it incredibly clever, well-written, and hysterically funny. And all without a laugh track. It\'s the funniest show since Monk, and it gets better with each episode. The actors are great, but the situations are even better. Who would have ever thought to attack a girl giving the laundromat clerk her dirty clothes? And the hat thing? I\'ve tried to be more observant since I started watching this show.
    But I think my favorite thing about PSYCH is that it\'s original. It\'s not the usual slipping on a banana peel-type humor. The dialogue is complex, which makes it even funnier. Plus, it\'s also on USA, which means really funny commercials. I love this show.
  • Since watching the Pilot back in July, I have have become stuck on watching USA every Friday Night...what can I say, I'm hooked!

Just about everything in this show makes me laugh. Shawn's "visions", the interaction between Shawn and Gus, the tension between Lassiter and Shawn, it's all good.

Favorite Character: Shawn...Of course!

Favorite Episode: Couldn't say.

Favorite Psych-out: Choas in the Kitchen (Check it out at http://www.usanetwork.com/series/psych/)

Memorable quote:

(Okay, I couldn't stop laughing at this one, even on the commercials. It's classic!)

Lady to Gus: "There's a Lieutenant Crunch here to see you"

Shawn: "Actually, I've beeen promoted...it's Captain Crunch."

From Weekend Warriors

Who would have ever envisioned that Psych would become such a hit?
    My guess: Shawn would
  • This show is absolutely hillarious!

I have to say that I love this show. I love detective/mystery shows and this is by far the most original that I have ever seen (except Detective Conan, of course, but that's a different story). A detective pretending to be a psychic is genius! I love how every episode has a flash back to when he was a kid, living with his father. Those are hillarious (espectially the one in "Weekend Warriors"). Shawns spasms are funny too and I love how he always calls Lassiter, "Lassy". All in all, with a mix of comedy and mystery, this is a great show.
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11