Psych

Scary Sherry: Bianca's Toast

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 02, 2007 on USA

• A sorority pledge is killed, exactly how Shawn and Gus witnessed a suicide 20 years ago.

I liked this episode a lot. I really liked all the flashbacks. I loved the opening scene. When the guy jumped onto Shawn's dad's car, and first started talking, I thought he was saying something like my wife is going into labor. I never expected he was going to say a woman is trying to jump out of her window at the insane asylum. The one thing I didn't get was in the opening scene, when Shawn opens his eyes, he sees the woman falling, but when his dad explains what really happened that night at dinner, he said an off-duty officer pulled her back. If the off-duty officer pulled her back, then she couldn't have been falling, like how Shawn saw her. One other kind of loose end was in the opening scene, it's Halloween night, and when the camera spans out to the sign about Wispy Sunny Pines, and we see it age over the years, it says "exactly 20 years later", but no where in the rest of the episode do they say anything about it being Halloween. If it was "exactly 20 years later" wouldn't the time frame of the episode be around Halloween? I really enjoyed Maggie Lawson (Jules) portrayal of a sorority girl, and you could see when watching her she enjoyed doing that part. The only other loose end in the episode I feel was never really tied up was the rings. Doreen and Alice had those rings with all the Celtic knots on them (which were really nice by the way), and the show made a big deal about them. When Shawn first meets Alice, the rings are one of the first things he notices about her. And when he's in her house, the only "clue" he finds is pictures of Alice and Doreen in a photo album, where the rings are highlighted. I just though it was weird that they would go to so much trouble making the rings a big thing, and then just completely forget about them. Other then those three loose ends, I loved this episode.
ION