Psych

Shawn & Gus in Drag (Racing)

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 11, 2010 on USA

7.9

5.5
    The fifth episode of Psych's fifth season proves to be an hour full of pure boredom. The episode had hardly any laughs throughout the entire show and the storyline at hand was just really boring. A Fast and the Furious parody in 2010? Really?

Usually when the storyline is not good I can point to some Shawn line, some weird 80's reference he makes that is funny, but I cannot even do so in tonight's episode.

Psych has been really disappointing right now. I hope that USA Network's top psychic series can turn things around, but this show could be on the decline right now.
  • Another fun(ny) episode but nothing special.

Shawn yet again killed it in this episode and I particularly felt like things were back to normal with O'Hara and Lassiter working or not working with Shawn and Gus. For those who may have missed it or forgot a guy was found dead in a stolen Lambo and the gang has to find out who did it. They find the gang and think it is Gina but later realize that it is Tommy. And Shawn saves the day by putting vegetables in the exhaust pipe to get the car to shutoff and get Tommy surrounded by the police.

The case was interesting and Shawn was hilarious around Tommy and the racers but I am still bummed that they aren't using the Mr. Yin/Yang storyline during the season and are just saving it for the finale. This shows episodic writing is fantastic which makes me believe that the series or even season storyline could be amazing but they still don't seem to want one. Detective shows don't typically have series plot lines but this show doesn't have to be like every other show.

Getting away from the criticism and going back to the praise, the show continues to bring the comedy which is my soft spot, because as I like to say if you can't make it interesting make it funny, and this show does both. Lastly I would like to say that I am a huge fan of the Club Psych website and think it is a fabulous idea to give back to fans while recruiting many new viewers. Brilliant!