Psych

Shawn vs. The Red Phantom

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 25, 2006 on USA

• Hysterical

I never thought that a detective series could be any funnier than Monk, but there have been a few episodes here and there that were amusing, but this one takes the cake. Absolutely hysterical in my opinion. I don't think i stopped laughing. Since the beginning of the series, I thought they were onto something good but just haven't really found themselves yet, but this episode definitely proved that this show works. The case focuses on a missing persons, which leads into multiple missing persons, blahblahblah, basically it all leads to a Comic Convention. It does unravel well though.

The case itself is somewhat predictable, but not entirely, as you are too busy cracking up to really focus on who is responsible for the missing persons. But it is the two main leads, Sean and Gus, that continue to impress me with some great interaction between the two. Sean's comments towards Gus are some of the best the entire season. I certainly Sean uses Gus' "Magic Head" in future episodes. There is a great balance of humor and development in this show, and I Certainly hope that ratings for the show are good enough for more than 1 season. I want to see more wacky "psychic" adventures of Sean and Gus.