Psych

Shawn vs. The Red Phantom

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 25, 2006 on USA

• Comic Con Murders

This was the seasion finale for Season one and it was a pritty good one. I myself am a fan of comic books and Star Trek and I've been to a couple conventions myself. I sort of emphise a little with both characters attitudes toward the comic con convention. From Gus and his love and understanding of comic books and Star Trek. As well as a little of Shawn's down to earth skeptism may'be on why people have to act so ridiculous about the genere. I laughed my head off when both Gus and Shawn went up on stage and Shawn had to play superhero for real and called his sidekick Gus Magic Head. And of course Shawn pulls it off and gets some work done on the case.

Then of course there is the encounter with George Takei who plays a more exagerated version of himself, by playing out the sterotypical idium about celeberties being self serving and not who they seem (which isn't true although sometimes it is for some). It was funny seeing Shawn, Gus, and Takei interact with one another. Even the part which was an ironic joke when Gus accidently says the wrong character name. And Takei delivers the famous one-liner which of coruse came from DeForest Kelly's character Bones McCoy. The final scene was excelent when both Shawn and Gus are going to have a comic book of their own. And we see a poster of what their comic book counterparts look like. Comic Gold.