Psych

Shawn vs. The Red Phantom

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 25, 2006 on USA

• Once again Gus is in his element when he and Shawn must investigate the disappearance of an 18 year old at the TriCon Comic and Science Fiction Convention. The Chief's water breaks and Lassiter must be their in the hospital when she has her baby.

Don't you just love Shawn's dad's twisted sense of right and wrong as the feet held in stone cop. Everything to him is about absolute reality. The stories they tell of Shawn's upbringing are hilarious. No wonder Shawn is the crazed person he is as an adult. What a strange childhood.

Shawn and Gus are really in their element at the TriCon as Psych-Man and MagicHead. The whole bit with George Takei was precious with the blueberries from the Carolina's and the fake assistants. The fact that there is actually a plot against the three people was truly funny. For once the girl that Shawn is scamming on is not the villain but one of the victims. Who else thought it was the comic book writer who's character was ruined by the movie studio right after meeting him? I'm amazed that Gus did not take Shawn's head off for tearing the cover of his first edition comic book up. I have lived and worked with true comic book collectors. I was in a fantasy football league with a whole group of them for seven years. If you ever did anything like that you would be dead.

It was funny and appropriate that Lassiter was with the Chief when her water broke in his car and that he was there when she had her baby in the hospital. Talk about the least appropriate person. I'm glad she missed his small talk in the car about them hiring her to be the new Chief. It was a little embarrassing for him. Of course nothing new. Timothy Omundson is brilliant in that role.

I think there is an evil child in there blocking my psychic powers. See you next time...