Psych

Truer Lies

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 06, 2009 on USA

• Usual psych stuff..

It is the comedy track I like in Psych, the storyline is usually lame. Here the duo deal with compulsive liar, who apparently at that point of time was speaking the truth. But the police are not ready to believe him. On the whole, the flow of the story was fine, but there were a few scenes that should have been axed- like Shawn bringing in his dad to the office to get a second opinion if Ryan was lying again. Gus has provided the usual performance as the tightly wound guy, who prefers to sell pharmaceuticals rather than help Shawn with the investigation. The final scene was pure rubbish, and the actual killers looked like a bunch of weasels. All the gun fire sequences were pure overkill. Nevertheless, I did enjoy.
  • Shawn tries to help a compulsive liar.

This was not a great episode of Psych, but it still had all the fun you've come to expect from the third-year series. A decent chase, and shootout scene, some mystery and of course a plethora of comedy. Shawn's references weren't as peculiarly awesome as usual, although I did like the shout out to Koko B. Ware.

Jonathan Silverman (Weekend At Bernie's, In Case Of Emergency) was pretty funny here, especially disguised as a doctor, "People say doctors have a God complex, but being a neurosurgeon for seven years I'd say we have a complex God."

The episode just followed the same formula of Carlton and Juliet discussing the case and Shawn and Gus continually walking in to disrupt them. One fries mention is good, but they probably spent 10 minutes discussing it here.
  • I loved this episode.

This is a crazy episode about an even crazier pathological liar. Ryan Bainsworth is accused of killing his super because of history of being a pathological liar. He has what the police believe to be concocted story about two hit men who killed his super thinking it was him. He claims to have overheard them talking about killing someone and that is why they were trying to kill him but killed his super. The police do not believe his story, but Shawn does and is setting out to prove it. The Chief will not let Shawn and Gus talk to Ryan so they bail him out of jail in order to talk to him. He leads them to a man in the hospital who was ran over by a car a few days earlier. As it turns out the man who was ran over saw the two hit men kill a lawyer who was tied to a case that Lassiter was suppose to be testifying in. The man who was ran over was Tom Lieber and he has had amnesia since the accident but is slowly regaining his memory. The two hit men are now after him and Ryan who are with Shawn and Gus in Gus's care. Gus is trying to get away from what he believes are the two hit men but soon realizes there is no one behind them so he stops. Suddenly a car pulls up behind them and starts shooting. They all run and Shawn tells Gus to get Tom out of their leaving him and Ryan to face the shooters. At the last minute, Lassiter and Juliet rush in to save them and arrest the two hi men.

This was a very good episode with a good plot and plenty of humor.
  • I don't know why everyone is giving this episode bad scores. It was great!

This episode was hilarious!!! Shawn and Gus take on a client whose nickname is "Lying Ryan." He has information about an assassination plot, but the cops won't believe him because all he does is lie. Shawn believes him and tries to solve the case. The funniest part by far was when Shawn and Gus got into their car and noticed Lying Ryan and the amnesia boy in the back of their car. They claimed they were being chased, but Gus didn't believe them. That all changed when two guys starting shooting at them. Ryan and Shawn tricked the guys by saying backup was around the corner. The guys didn't believe them until they looked into Ryan's eyes XD
  • I found this one rather sad - I never thought that I would say this about Psych...

It was a good episode, nothing really special but Shawn did show amazing talent deciphering that compulsive liar's gibberish. What stuck out mostly for me was how desperate Shawn was for everybody to believe him - and no one did. Again and again people dismissed him, even his own father (I really wanted to slap Henry when he dismissed Shawn's concerns in the Psych office). The scene where he begged Gus to have faith in him was heartbreaking - at least for me. So overall, I didn't find this episode funny but sad. I mean after all the time and all his solved cases, people still didn't trust him :(
ESQUI