Punky Brewster Forums

NBC (ended 1986)

Gone, but never ever forgotten, a moment for Judith Barsi, and Suzie Garrett.

80stvfan

[1]Apr 26, 2008
    • level: 7

I feel, that both of these people were great in the roles they played on Punky Brewster. In the few guest stars that Judith Barsi did on Punky Brewster she made an impression on a lot of people as Anna. She was small, cute, friendly and wanted to help Punky's friends get Punky out of fenster hall to see Henry when he was sick. She was recruited as the look out. It is sad that she is no longer with us.

Suzie Garrett is another very special person that made Punky Brewster special. She was perfect in her role as Betty Johnson. She like many added depth to the show. She had a common ground with George Gaines in the fact that both characters were raising children on their own, and learning things through the adventures of their children Punky and Cheri. I didn't know she'd passed until a few years ago.

I just thought that there should be a few words said about cast members that have left an undulable mark on the world Judith and Suzie were two such people.

Please share your thoughts and construtive critizms in a friendly way.

Edited on 05/13/2008 11:15am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EdFan101

[2]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 21
    are yous saying that suzie garrett is dead??? that's horrible

80stvfan

[3]Jul 27, 2008
    • level: 7
    Yes unfortunately Suzie Garrett passed away in 1995 I believe. I found this out after wondering why she hadn't given any commentary on any of the season box sets.

87Okeechobee

[4]Sep 28, 2008
    • level: 4

Judith Barsi was so wonderful as Anna in those 2 episodes, and she had such a great future ahead of her. She died on July 25 (or 26) 1988 at the age of only 10. If you really need to know how she died, read the Wikipedia article about her 'cause I just can't bear to summarize it here. I'll say this, though, she and her mom didn't deserve that. Nobody does.

Susie Garrett passed away on May 24, 2002, at age 72, after struggling with cancer. She was just excellent in the role of Betty Johnson and I certainly couldn't imagine anyone else in the role. From what I've read, she was pretty much the same in real life as she was on screen. I also learned that she was Marla Gibbs' older sister which was a pleasant surprise, and from watching Marla in "The Jeffersons" and "227", I can see the resemblance.

May they rest in peace.

EdFan101

[5]Jan 10, 2009
    • level: 21
    i know why she died. it was a homicide by her father.may they rest in peace and god bless them...