Punky Brewster Forums

NBC (ended 1986)

Last season of Punky Brewster release date is delayed by problems

80stvfan

[1]Jul 17, 2007
    • level: 7

Sorry fellow Punky Brewster fans, but the last season's release date has come and gone. It was scheduled for a July the 10th release date, and three days before the day, I looked on Amazon, and it said currently unavailable. I thought that maybe this was an error, but it became clear as the days went by, that there is a problem. I spoke to a friend at Barnes and Noble, and she said, that she would do some research in to the matter. She said she thought that possibly there was a legalproblem, seeing as Sony owned the rights to the show, but shout factory had already released the other three seasons. So, I hope this is just a momentary hicccup, and that the last season is released soon. If this delay is more then six months, I'll be really anoyed.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

87Okeechobee

[2]Sep 15, 2007
    • level: 4
    I did some digging and found out that it was actually supposed to be the first season split into 6 volumes. I preordered a volume or 2 and my order wound up getting cancelled by Amazon a few days after July 10th. I was hoping for lightning to strike twice like when I got Gimme A Break season 2 in the mail, even though the release had been pulled, but it didn't happen this time. Looks like Shout may've decided on going for the last season instead, and I've heard February 26, 2008 mentioned as a possible release date. I can't wait, the 4th season has some of the best episodes of the series in it.

80stvfan

[3]Sep 15, 2007
    • level: 7

Thanks for the info and we'll have to keep our fingers crossed