Punky Brewster Forums

NBC (ended 1986)

Soleil Moon Frye reprises her role as Punky for her fans! Check it out...

ecgirl08

[1]Sep 14, 2009
    • level: 57

As many of you know, Shout Factory is responsible for bringing the complete series of Punky Brewster to DVD. This company has been establishing a good reputation for bringing back some of the best old-school shows, including this one. They even have their own website, and if you visit it, you'll find a video clip that Soleil Moon Frye put together. She has thousands of Punky fans following her on Twitter, and as a surprise for them, she actually fixed her hair in pigtails, put on the rainbow clothes/shoes, and reprised the role!

It's really something to see a grown woman do this...it shows that Soleil still cares about her fans and the iconic role that made her a star. You don't see many actors going back and doing a little reprise of their most famous childhood role.

The video link is below if you're interested. I hope it works. It's a direct link from shoutfactory.com. Enjoy, and feel free to let everyone know what you think by commenting here!

http://www.shoutfactory.com/news/263/attention_punky_brewster_fans.aspx

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sagerian

[2]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 9
    D'Awwwwwwww is all I can say to that. Haha that's great.

80stvfan

[3]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 7
    That was amazing. I'm so glad that she did that. Soleil is one of the greatest celebrities on the planet. I have to say I would've loved if Cheri Johnson and Ami Foster had joined her though, that would've been Punky Nirvana for us Punky Brewster fans.