Puppets Who Kill

The Comedy Network (ended 2006)

Puppets Who Kill Fan Reviews (4)

• The show is about a half-way house for very bad puppets. Puppets who lie - Puppets who cheat - Puppets who have no respect for anything - Puppets who kill. 4 puppets who've commited crimes and now live with social worker Dan Barlow

Ok, let me tell you this, I have never thought they make the puppets who are evil and armed for kill, I couldn't imagine that one, it's a very funny show and I think it's a classic, well, just funny, sadly the TV show ended soon, but I really like to see reruns because I never seen most of it before, i like that smokin' puppet dog, I think my was favorite character, I don't much to say, but try to watch and see if you like this Tv show.
  • Whoever thought of this is show is a genious.

I personally love his show. Puppets Who Kill is a very funny Canadian comedy, because of its hilarious jokes and funny situations. I watch this show whenever its on,and if its not on I watch season 1 & 2 on DVD. I can' wait until they start making new episodes for season 5. Sometimes this show can even be unintentionally funny which makes or an unforgetable experience an amazing Canadian comedy following in the footsteps of SCTV and The Red Green Show. If your looking for a good time, try watching Puppets Who Kill, you won't be disapointed.
  • OK but not great

The idea for this show is great, that a bunch of criminal and even murdering puppets are paroled and sent to a half way house run by a guy who is not that moral himself (played by Dan Redican). Dan Redican is good in his part and the puppets look great, for a comedy network show it actually looks like it is well produced, and nothing in the show is that bad but the jokes they did were dark but predictable and so were the stories, it should have been a lot more funny and the puppets were not that funny themselves. Still better than most anything else on comedy network so sad to see it go it could have got great maybe in time if it was not taken off the air so soon.
  • A show that is definitely geared for the adults and great to watch!!

Puppets Who Kill is a show that is perhaps unique among all the shows available in the thousand channel universe as it is an adult oriented comedy that mixes puppets with humans interacting in everyday situations that are skewered with VERY dark humor.

The show portrays Dan Barlow, a social worker, who runs a halfway house for puppets who have ' gone off the track', so to speak. Buttons, a furry bear who has a seemingly insatiable sex drive, Cuddles, a comfort doll who seems the most normal but can veer violently into dark spells, Rocko, a puppet who would do anything ( and the episodes indicate this) to get ahead and Bill, a serial killer who is always in a battle of wills with Dan are the regulars in the house on a weekly basis.

The episodes vary from sheer brilliance to mediocre in terms of plot and comedic edge but when Puppets Who Kill is at its best, it's some of the best dark comedy on television. For newcomers to this show, this reviewer suggests watching ' Dan's Umbrella ', ' The CBC Is Killing Again ' and ' Bill's Wedding ' as some of the better eps to watch. However, with any episode of the series, a viewer can find something to laugh about - as long as he/she knows what style of comedy this show is...VERY, VERY dark.