Pushing Daisies

Bitches

Aired Saturday 10:00 PM Nov 14, 2007 on ABC

• A man was killed by his wife - but which one?

Ned and the gang (plus Olive) investigate in the mystery of a man who drank poisoned coffee and then slipped on it and got stabbed several times. It turns out his wife did it, well one of the 4 wives. The gang investigate each wife with help from Digby as the wives jobs each have something to do with a dog. It turns out the main reason for the death is that a dog tycoon was gonna clone the wives beloved dog bubblegum. They give him fake ashes and someone kills him. (bubblegums alive). They find out the first wife was the murderer.
  • Awesome

When a deceased man tells Ned that his wife killed him after giving him a cup of coffee, he fails to mention that he is a polygamist, making the case harder than it sounds. Another awesome episode. Pushing Daisies is awesome and exciting to wtach, I just love it. I love all the characters in Puching Daisies. My favourite is Ned. I Also love Chuck. I think they are so cute together, but it is sad at the same time. Pushing Daisies is getting better and better I think. And I can not wait until the next episode, bring on next Saturday now I say.
  • Joel McHale makes an appearance playing a "damn polygamist."

First, I'd like to say that I'm a big fan of Joel McHale. He was great in Spiderman 2, though I didn't notice him till I watched the movie a second time, and hilarious on The Soup. So I was very excited after seeing his name in the credits.

This time he plays a dog breeder with four wives who was murdered with an almond-flavored coffee and a stragetically placed knife. He does managed to tell that it was his wife that killed him, just not which one. So that leaves the team with four suspects. I love how this episode kept me guessing till the end. Plus the wives were so different. Their dialogue ranged from 'funny' to 'tears-rolling-down-my-cheek hilarious.'

Naturally since the episode was all about love, Emerson falls for one of the wives, a tough as nails dog trainer who easily leashes him in. I loved his speech about gangster love. He always has the best lines.

Ned was also dealing with love. He was still very confused on how he felt about Olive's kiss, since a naked Chuck from his dream suddenly turned into a naked Olive. But in the end, I think Ned really loves Chuck. She's the one that he always thinks about, even if Olive's touch makes him tingle. Maybe Chuck is right, she needs to hold somebody's hand just like he needs to kiss somebody else so that they could feel better.
  • Perhaps the most whimsical, crazy, unpredictable episode of Pushing Daisies so far. A polygamist dog trainer is murdered, and four wives are the suspects in a case that will make your "doggone" head spin.

I couldn't help but be amazed with this episode. Some of this amazement was good, and some was bad. From the very first episode where the clay figured come to life in young Ned's backstory up to the part where Emerson's subconscious mind puts together the murder, on through the end of the episode, this episode seemed to be the most straight-up strange one yet.

However, all of the quirkyness seemed to work to the episode's advantage, by drawing attention away from what I felt was a much too complicated storyline. I didn't really have anything about this episode figured out until the narrator finally did the "The Facts Were These..." segment at the end.

The chemistry between all of the characters and the interchanged dialogue seemed to be taken to new heights. Everyone, from the main characters to the wives, played off each other perfectly, and made for a large amalgamation of exchanges that were easy to miss, but immensely witty and clever if caught.

This episode had everything that has made Pushing Daisies such a revolutionary television show. Every part of it was upped, and a very pleasant result was achieved.
  • Pretty good episode

I thought this episode was pretty good. I dident think it was as funny or as quirky as the others, but this episode certanly was not bad. I liked the weird dog thing. Or mixed breed dog, is that a real type of dog, or was that computer animated? My brain isent working at all today. Olive is one of the quirkiest people on the show. But then again they all are. I just like Olive the best. Ned and Chuck are pretty good too. Emersen is good, but he doesnt have the same carisma as the rest of the people on the show do.
  • Review

I thought the beginning of the episode was really good, the middle kind of slowed things down a little bit, but the end picked things right back up again. I loved the opening scene of the four people of the series talking about the aftermath of Olive and Neds kiss the night before, it was good to see how everyone was taking it. I also loved the introduction to the case - following with the introduction to the four wives. They didnt try to bring too many people in on the case, four seemedd to be the perfect number. The interviews with the four wives were also vry good, but after that it tailed off until it was revealed who the killer was. I thought the ending "The Facts Were These..." was really good, explinaing why the wife killed the husband. Overall, I thought it was a really well done eisode I dont know why its being ranked as low as it is. Maybe people seem to think its losing magic.
  • Ned, Chuck, Emerson and Olive team up to solve the murder of a dog-loving polygamist who says he was murdered by his wife.

I loved this episode!! I absolutely love how Digby was made a part of it and how he always seems to be a main link between the characters, mainly between Chuck and Ned and between Chuck and Olive. I love Ned's relationship with Digby because they've been together forever and no matter what, they stick together and make it work. LOVED the scene when they were in therapy, it's almost like the three of them were talking outloud!

I loved Emerson in this episode, I thought the chemistry between him and one of the wives was hilarious, particularly during his "training" process. As for the Chuck-Ned-Olive triangle, it's sort of evolving. I like that Olive is very respectful of Chuck and Ned's relationship and at the end she actually gave Ned some very good advice. Chuck and Ned's love story is adorable and almost like a fairy tale and we all want it to work, but since Olive cares for Ned, she wants him to be happy and not take forever to find out if the obstacles he's facing are things he and Chuck can overcome...because unlike Chuck, he'll probably only get to live once.

I liked how it ended with Ned telling Chuck that all he needs to be happy is her. I really hope that what they have is enough because for once we're seing a love story that has nothing to do with physical intimacy and still seems real and possible.
  • This episode I liked it because of the Chuck...

I loved chuck and Ned in this episode because it showed how love can bloom in many ways. I have to addnit that that guy who got killed was pretty funny all the crazy wifes he had. I cant belive he stabbed himself so many times. The dog was cool i wish i had one. I wondor if they really exist even tough i dont think so. Chuck and ned are so cute together and olive is way to destrate to win neds heart its just said but its one of the reasons i watch the show. I loved this episode!
  • Lacking a bit compared to the other episodes...

When you have a new show and it begins its run really strongly , you find yourself amazed by the fact that every episode is as good if not better then the previous one and you get to be spoiled a little. You know they'll come an episode you won't like as much at one time and this one was it for me. It's not that it was terrible, the writing is so amazing on this show and the cast is one of the best ensemble team that I've seen in a long time. I guess I found that it wasn't as light and quirky as it usually is. Plus , everyone had their personal dilemmas that they were trying to solve by themselves, even though they each went to interview one of the wives, it felt like they were working solo , not like in the other episodes where we see them going to places, asking questions, poking around as a team, I missed that. But after seeing next week's previews I'm hopeful that they will be back working as a team. Plus, this episode was missing the aunts!!! My favorite thing about this episode : Ned and Chuck , the last 2 minutes of the show actually... :) My least favorite thing : Olive's obsession again on Ned, I wish they would leave that alone already...
  • Another good, but not great, episode

Despite my enduring enthusiasm for this series and its unusual visual palette, I still believe that the promise of the first two episodes has yet to be matched. Certainly this episode doesn't quite measure up to the pilot, which was a tour de force of dark comedy. In this case, much like the previous episode, I thought the presentation was strong, but the writing felt lacking.

I noted the subjectivity of humor in the review for "Girth", and to a certain extent, I believe the same principle carries forward into this installment. Some of the interchanges meant to be amusing were, in my opinion, a bit pedestrian and forced. On the positive side, I found the parallels between the four dog breeds and the four wives to be clever, revealing, if nothing else, the intentions of the writers. The death scene at the beginning of the episode was, quite possibly, one of the most unexpectedly funny moments in recent memory.

I think another factor might be the length. The hour-long format may be a bit too long for this kind of show. After watching this episode, I was reminded of "The Office". Recently the network was airing hour-long installments of the show, as opposed to the usual half-hour versions, and the results were mixed. The shorter format allows the best material to rise to the top, and concepts seldom wear out their welcome. It's probably too late for the series to make such a fundamental change, but I wonder if it would have been better in the long run.

These things come to mind because "Pushing Daisies" is the kind of show that I really love. It breaks out of the conventional storytelling mode and gives the audience something new to ponder, a modern day fairy tale with a dark and absurd chewy center. Even episodes I find disappointing are, at worst, average. I'm just left wondering if there's some way to bring it back to its early heights and maintain that level of energy and creativity.
  • Ned and Emerson investigate the death of a poisoned man.

A man is poisoned and identifies his killer - his wife. Only problem is he has 4 of them! So Ned and his sidekick Emerson investigate all four wives to figure out which one did. Complicating matters is that Emerson is attracted to one of the dead mans wives. The motive was the man planned to sell clones of a prized dog that one of his wives loved - so she killed him with poisoned coffee (a particular flavor favored by one of his wives). In the end the buyer of the dog is killed and is used to expose real killer in a rather clever way. Probably the best of series thus far.

This series is surreal, offbeat and extremely weird but it has really grown to become a favorite. Each episode plays out like a short movie and has a big screen feel about it. Too bad the writers strike could end the season after only 9 episodes instead of the scheduled 22.
  • Emerson and Ned investigate the death of a polygamist

Another great episode. After kissing Olive, or rather, being kissed by Olive, Ned feels guilty and does not mention it to Chuck. Olive however has confessed the kiss to Chuck so they do get to discuss it.

Apprpriately for Ned's emotional turmoil, the case thet are investigating deals with a man who had 4 wives. Maybe something that Ned should be thinking of. After all, he and Chuck may love each other but men and women have needs, as shown in Ned's dream
    Of course, this won't happen but I thought it could have made for a very interesting episode.

Some sweet moments were Chuck kuddig the dig instead of Ned and Olive's holding hands with Ned in the final scene.

The dream sequences, both Emerson's and Ned's were hilarious...
  • Emerson is at it again, getting Ned to solve the murder of a well known dog breeder. It seems like an easy case, the wife did it. Only our corpse has 4 wives!

I absolutely love this show. It's delightful, quirky, well written, well acted, with a touch of melancholy and remorse. The lines are delivered with such quickness and sharpness and the amount of intelligent humor and wittiness just makes the cast all the more endearing.
    Emerson always deadpans his lines, making for remarkable satire and sarcasm. And poor Olive, pining away for Ned, a man who does not love her back, is truly precious in her presentation.
    While this episode had the usual murder mystery, the dead telling secrets, and a few red herrings, it really allowed for a deeper understanding of the emotional relationships the main characters have with one another.
    The narrator always presents an enjoyable bit of background, history, and insight without detracting from the story. And of course, as usual, the visual goodness is enough to satiate anyone's craving.
  • Pushing Daisies keeps it interesting.

It was a little hard for me to catch all of this show due to constant weather updates from my local news channel, but the parts that I did see kept me interested, that's a lot more than I can say for most shows. The scenes with the characters coming in with the dogs to talk to all of the guy's different wives was the highest point of this episode.

I was glad to see more of Olive. I love the character and i'd like to see her as part of the little team that they have all the time.

I like Ned/Chuck but I don't know if they can keep going on the way they are forever, with the whole "wanting to be close but not being able to". Those moments are still enjoyable but they will have to change eventually.

Overall, this was another original episode of Pushing Daisies that shouldn't be missed.