Pushing Daisies

Window Dressed to Kill

Aired Saturday 10:00 PM May 30, 2009 on ABC

• Remind me again why a show so perfect has been canceled?

It's painful watching this show knowing only two episodes left to this magical ride. It really hurts more given how this shifted things up. Emerson and Chuck working together was quite fun, the two really playing off each other wonderfully with great lines and dynamic. The mystery itself was good with a few twists and enjoyed Constance Zimmer as the one designer. Better was the main plot of Ned, Olive and the kidnappers. Again, much of Olive is explained by that incident of her parents not even knowing she was gone for two days and her desire to be with Ned pushing her lies on. Arquette was fun as the tag-along and getting the aunts involved in the antics was fun to see too. Of course the key was Ned embracing his true nature, that he was meant to be Superman, not Clark Kent and his joy showing that was infectous. Add in fun stuff like the witty dialouge of d-words and the intriguing end of Ned feeling jealousy and it makes you miss this show all the more.
  • Ned decides not to use his magic finger anymore, so Emmerson must solve the case all on his own.

This is such an amazing series. I have been waiting three months to see this episode. Thanks to the person who put these final three episodes on youtube.

I must now comment on the episode itself.I really did like the episode. Ned decided to do something different, that adds a spin to the story line, that has been developing right from the premiere episode.

I liked that Olive and Ned shared an intimate moment, and that it was for that moment real to both of them. I liked that Ned finally realized that he was sort of in love with Olive, but he was also hurting her at the same time.

I liked that Emmerson sort of opened his heart up to the possibility of getting to know Chuck. I like how Chuck was being as outgoing as possible instead of hding away and doing nothing.

I found that after a three month abscense this was what I really need to see today. I loved this episode and the return of Randy Mann was awesome.
  • Yeah Finally after months we get to see the last episodes!

I was really surprised when Pushing Daisies was cancelled. The show is funny and diffrent i love the way it is written and filmed. I am equally surprised when i find that UK showing the last three episodes before they are broadcast in the USA, however i am just excited that i have finally seen the first of the last three episodes and what an episode it was!

I love how Olive finally got to have a good snog with her beloved pie maker! After weeks of trying to find out what he meant at the cliff edge she finally gets her moment with ned and he seemed to enjoy himself as well!! It would be fantastic to see where this relationship goes in the next two episodes. I'm just gutted that it will be the last tho! However ned and chuck finally looked 'normal couple' as they walked down the street holding 'gloved' hands, (besides walking a pig)it was good to see them enjoying this time together altho i am intrigued to see where the love triangle will go next. All in all it was a great episode i loved the superman refrences, ned can be my clark Kent any day!
    Brill overall cant wait till next weeks episode!
  • Do not read this if you have not seen this episode! Unless you want spoilers!

I did a dance, an actual dance, just before this episode started on TV. Like most I was devastated when Pushing Daisies was cancelled last year and then ABC refusing to show the last three episodes was like driving the knife in.
    So seeing this new episode after so many months was simply a delight. ITV1 here in the UK decided to do the decent thing and air the last three episodes after the fiasco over them refusing to show the second episode of season 1 last year.

The opening to this episode like all Pushing Daisies episode starts back in time. Young Olive Snook was apparently neglected by her parents and ends up being kidnapped by two crooks for a couple of days. Years later they bust out of prison and are after Olive it seems.
    The case in this episode didn't seem all that interesting at first (by Pushing Daisies standards) but gets more intriguing as the episode goes on.
    Ned's decision to stop touching dead things in episode means that Emerson has to solve the case of the window dresser found frozen in a fountain the old fashioned way and Chuck volunteers herself to assist.

One of the best things about this episode is the expansion of the Daisyverse, it's great when Ned and Chuck take a walk along the high street hand in hand (with gloves) with Pigby and Digby. The costuming and set design in the show is simply gorgeous. Chuck notices that the window display in the department store is exactly the same as the crime scene and she and Emerson begin their investigation.

The main story between Olive and Ned however holds the most weight for me. Olive is still not over Ned and is totally hung up on what he said when they were they nearly fell over the cliff in the previous episode. He said he didn't not ever look at her in "that way". This prompts Olive to being reading books about double negatives and try some out double meanings out on Ned which is really funny. Ned is totally perplexed when Olive launches herself from the Pie-Hole counter and hangs from one of the cherry shaped ceilings lights trying to recreate his cliff side confessional.
    This is when the two crooks that kidnapped Olive when she was a kid turn up. But all is not what it seems. Due to the fact that Olive was ignored by her parents as a child she stool herself away into the crooks get away car and they did not kidnap her at all she refused to go home. Whilst in prison she maintained her friendship with them and wrote to them, but it seems she has been telling a few porkies. Olive has told them that she and Ned are a couple!
    I love that Randy Mann made a reappearance in this episode and he also goes along with Olive's lie which just gets bigger and bigger. Randy agrees to help get the crooks across the border in his taxidermy van to try and avoid the law. For some reason I can't remember they end up and Lilly and Vivian Charles house.
    Ned and Randy have a chat and Ned says he just wants to be Clark Kent not Superman. Randy says that if he had super powers he would totally use them who wouldn't? The police are waiting outside the house and Ned does something totally un-Nedlike he creeps outside to Randy's van and touches the dead animal in there which is a rhinoceros! The rhino goes on the rampage and the police scarper which gives the crooks time to escape.

Chuck is dismayed to learn that Ned "tried on" a relationship with Olive (which involved touching and kissing) but Ned says he his fine about it and Olive seems to be over Ned. But Ned sees the now close Olive and Randy holding hands and he his totally jealous! What a shocker!

Mystery, delight, drama, Olive singing, this is true Pushing Daisies mastery.
    "Obtain" this episode as soon as you can!