QI Forums

Friday 10:00 PM on BBC TwoIn Season

Moving to BBC One!

count-chocula

[1]Aug 21, 2008
    • level: 47

Just like Have I Got News For You did in 2001, QI is moving homes to BBC One:

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/2008/08/qi_moving_to_bbc1.html

Personally, I don't think it feels like a BBC One show, but it might increase the ratings.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

calliegh_d

[2]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 2

omg... no!

that's great! do u noe when it'll show? ... and do u noe when the whole thing will end, i mean, i dont think Fry has enuf time to do, what, 26 more seasons... (maybe alan does, but not him...:cry

bewitchedfan2k

[3]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 12
    I hate that it's moving to BBC1 becuase it's a high-brow show and if you put it in front of a 'eastenders/i'm a celebrity watching audience their brains are just going to melt.

MizzGMC23

[4]Feb 21, 2009
    • level: 19
    I'm glad it's moved to BBC1 it means that the Beeb is giving it the respect that it deserves and sticking it in a prime spot. I'm hoping that it means the show will have even more longevity, the only other difference is that those who may have missed it because it was a BBC2 show will now see what they've been missing - not only a good laugh but some Quite Interesting information. I'm hoping that it will bring a wider audience for it, and I suspect that's what the BBC bosses think too. The Eastenders watchers are already well catered for and I presume they wouldn't tune in anyway.

bewitchedfan2k

[5]Feb 22, 2009
    • level: 12
    According to the ratings I've seen since it's move to BBC1 the ratings have remained pretty much the same as before (it was one of the highest rated 'non bbc1' shows before anyway) so it's fanbase has just moved with it. You are right the 'mainstream eastenders watching' audience just isn't bothering it seems (and I'm glad).