Quack Pack

ABC (ended 1997)

Kennymacdougall

Quack Pack Fan Reviews (4)

7.9
  • Still A Great Series, Despite The Divergence From Past Series Featuring Ducks And Has Only A Few Flaws/Oddities.

The first thing I'll mention and be another to point out a couple of the most, notable and questionable flaws/oddities in or with this Disney series. The fact that where the main cast lives here is still considered Duckburg, yet there aren't that many ducks who populate it like in Ducktales and there are many humans who do instead. I agree that that aspect is odd, dumb and not sensible. I don't mind the human characters, but if they're going to be featured alongside the duck characters, then why not have the ducks appearing with them in a new town or city? That would've been better rather than keeping the so-called "Duckburg" name. I'd like to know whose idea it was to still have Duckburg be the setting for the main ducks in this, regardless of the immediately apparent change. Also, what did happen to Uncle Scrooge and his money bank? It would've been nice to have that explained and resolved. Who knows for sure if whether there ever really were any plans for that to happen or not.

Anyway, one of the things I like about the series in Daisy's appearance. This is the finest she's ever looked and I think that's her best. Also, the slapstick humor may be off-putting for some who don't expect that kind of humor from Disney, but then again this isn't the first time it was done on a show, movie or short by Disney (it's been ventured into that before, albeit rarely). Another great quality about this series is having Donald appear in his original, early design again in "Can't Take a Yolk", in which a side effect causes him to gradually regress in age, due to his nephews' doing in an attempt to get him to mellow out more. To name a favorite episode of mine is "Pardon My Molecules". If any of y'all don't mind the humor of this that's left-field for Disney, then I say jump on it and try to catch it online when y'all can. It's still a very interesting, different take on Huey, Dewey and Louie as teens. And I agree that for the aforementioned reasons it shouldn't be considered a true spin-off or successor series of Ducktales and Darkwing Duck. It's still worth checking out any way, if anyone can overlook the minor faults with it.