Quantum Leap

For Your Love; Trilogy, Part 2

Aired Friday 12:00 AM Nov 24, 1992 on NBC

• Trilogy

Call me a hopeless romantic or whatever, I love the Trilogy. I can't help but feel for Sam as he struggles with his love for Abagail and wanting a normal life with people he loves versus doing what he is there to do. Of course, in the end he puts right what is wrong and leaps. The scene in the nursing home where Sam is going to pieces is heartbreaking.
  • In the Trilogy Part Two, Sam leaps into Abigail's life again as an adult, and Sam finds himself as her fiance.

The absolute best episode of Quantum Leap ever. The passion shared between Abigail and Sam is just beautiful. Maybe this episode has such a tremendous effect because we were already established with the characters from Part One, whereas the whole concept of Quantum Leap is with each leap, we have to get to know the characters all over again. But whatever the exact magic was, this episode, out of all of the seasons, out of all of the hours my mom taped off of USA, this one stuck with me out of them all, and it is just the best.