Quantum Leap Forums

NBC (ended 1993)

any1 else think this show will be adapted to the big screen

  • Avatar of KRYPTONIANKiNG

    KRYPTONIANKiNG

    [1]Oct 6, 2010
    • member since: 10/07/10
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 4

    i heard there was 1 planed back in 07 staring ewen mcgregor and danny devito

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of timgueguen

    timgueguen

    [2]Oct 7, 2010
    • member since: 08/17/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 698
    The concept of the show is a bit of a problem to adapt to a movie. Having Sam get lost in time, bodyjump, and get back home in a 90 minute movie makes it pretty much another time travel movie, while having an ongoing series allows you to do all sorts of things with the idea.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Scully82

    Scully82

    [3]Oct 9, 2010
    • member since: 10/01/10
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 82
    I read on Scifi.com that there will be a Quantum Leap movie. Donald P. Bellisario is working on the script, and there is a producer interested in it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pferreira86

    pferreira86

    [4]Oct 24, 2010
    • member since: 03/17/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,484

    Scully82 wrote:
    I read on Scifi.com that there will be a Quantum Leap movie. Donald P. Bellisario is working on the script, and there is a producer interested in it.
    The last Quantum Leap script idea was shelved by Donald P. Bellisario so I hope this one comes out okay for his approval.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GusArnstrom

    GusArnstrom

    [5]Jun 16, 2011
    • member since: 07/11/10
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 2
    No, in an interview with Scott Backula. He said there isn't any plans for a movie or reunion show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pferreira86

    pferreira86

    [6]Jun 19, 2011
    • member since: 03/17/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,484

    GusArnstrom wrote:
    No, in an interview with Scott Backula. He said there isn't any plans for a movie or reunion show.
    We can now only dream... Cry

    Edited on 06/19/2011 12:09pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of leighnassau

    leighnassau

    [7]Jun 21, 2011
    • member since: 06/21/11
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1
    i have read that there IS going to be film adaptation but no Mr stockwell or Bakula! So personally, im not sure id even watch it! But last i read, Donald P bellisairio undderstands this, so they might have a cameo or a bit more. pls let this be true!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of archangelwho

    archangelwho

    [8]Jun 26, 2011
    • member since: 07/13/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,306

    timgueguen wrote:
    The concept of the show is a bit of a problem to adapt to a movie. Having Sam get lost in time, bodyjump, and get back home in a 90 minute movie makes it pretty much another time travel movie, while having an ongoing series allows you to do all sorts of things with the idea.


    I have to agree. Unless they signed up a 3-6 movie deal I just don't beleve it was work unless it was a lead in to a tv series.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pferreira86

    pferreira86

    [9]Jun 26, 2011
    • member since: 03/17/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,484

    archangelwho wrote:


    timgueguen wrote:
    The concept of the show is a bit of a problem to adapt to a movie. Having Sam get lost in time, bodyjump, and get back home in a 90 minute movie makes it pretty much another time travel movie, while having an ongoing series allows you to do all sorts of things with the idea.


    I have to agree. Unless they signed up a 3-6 movie deal I just don't beleve it was work unless it was a lead in to a tv series.


    However, successful Hollywood films that lead into TV series don't always become popular ratings wise. For every Highlander: The Series you get Alien Nation: The Series or Blade: The Series, both which were cancelled after one season.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.