Quantum Leap Forums

NBC (ended 1993)

any1 else think this show will be adapted to the big screen

KRYPTONIANKiNG

[1]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 2

i heard there was 1 planed back in 07 staring ewen mcgregor and danny devito

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

timgueguen

[2]Oct 7, 2010
    • level: 13
    The concept of the show is a bit of a problem to adapt to a movie. Having Sam get lost in time, bodyjump, and get back home in a 90 minute movie makes it pretty much another time travel movie, while having an ongoing series allows you to do all sorts of things with the idea.

Scully82

[3]Oct 9, 2010
    • level: 4
    I read on Scifi.com that there will be a Quantum Leap movie. Donald P. Bellisario is working on the script, and there is a producer interested in it.

pferreira86

[4]Oct 24, 2010
    • level: 18

Scully82 wrote:
    I read on Scifi.com that there will be a Quantum Leap movie. Donald P. Bellisario is working on the script, and there is a producer interested in it.
    The last Quantum Leap script idea was shelved by Donald P. Bellisario so I hope this one comes out okay for his approval.

GusArnstrom

[5]Jun 16, 2011
    • level: 1
    No, in an interview with Scott Backula. He said there isn't any plans for a movie or reunion show.

pferreira86

[6]Jun 19, 2011

GusArnstrom wrote:
    No, in an interview with Scott Backula. He said there isn't any plans for a movie or reunion show.
    We can now only dream... Cry

Edited on 06/19/2011 12:09pm

leighnassau

[7]Jun 21, 2011
    • level: 1
    i have read that there IS going to be film adaptation but no Mr stockwell or Bakula! So personally, im not sure id even watch it! But last i read, Donald P bellisairio undderstands this, so they might have a cameo or a bit more. pls let this be true!

archangelwho

[8]Jun 26, 2011

timgueguen wrote:
    The concept of the show is a bit of a problem to adapt to a movie. Having Sam get lost in time, bodyjump, and get back home in a 90 minute movie makes it pretty much another time travel movie, while having an ongoing series allows you to do all sorts of things with the idea.

I have to agree. Unless they signed up a 3-6 movie deal I just don't beleve it was work unless it was a lead in to a tv series.

pferreira86

[9]Jun 26, 2011

archangelwho wrote:

timgueguen wrote:

I have to agree. Unless they signed up a 3-6 movie deal I just don't beleve it was work unless it was a lead in to a tv series.

However, successful Hollywood films that lead into TV series don't always become popular ratings wise. For every Highlander: The Series you get Alien Nation: The Series or Blade: The Series, both which were cancelled after one season.