Quantum Leap Forums

NBC (ended 1993)

Favorite Episode

CoolUserName

[1]Feb 27, 2008
    • level: 7

For me the best episode was the one where Sam leaps into a house he thinks is haunted, and Al is replaced by Satan. While it may have all been a dream (personally I'd like to think not) it was still a terrific thriller, and I also liked it when God and good/evil were brought up in the series. After all, the big question for Sam is "why am I here?"

The episode gets bonus points for featuring a young Stephen King.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RebelDavis

[2]Apr 3, 2008
    • level: 4

Hey CoolUserName, do you not know the actual name of the episode or did you just not write it because of the superstition that is tied to that ep?

Most of my favorite episodes came from season 3. My all-time favorite was Private Dancer. When Sam had to help the deaf girl get a professional dancing job. It was so beautiful, and Sam was so incredibly sweet and sexy in that episode.

CoolUserName

[3]Apr 4, 2008

Actually I don't even remember the name of the ep, and I didn't know there was a superstition tied to it. What exactly is it?

I love that episode with the deaf dancer too, it was very touching, especially considering what would have befallen her. Season 3 might have to be my favorite too, though it's hard to choose.

bballer151

[4]Apr 11, 2008
    • level: 13
    I know people say this is there fav episode but it is mine. The one where Sam leaps into his 16 year old self. Awesome episodes.

nekogurl

[5]Apr 23, 2008
    • level: 6
    The episode that CoolUserName is refering to is called The Boogieman, and its one of my favorite episodes. The Superstistion about The Boogieman is is that whenever people go to watch it or attempt to record it the cable goes out or the vcr cuts part of the episode off, I tried to record it when they showed it on The Sci Fi chanel and the vcr kept on stoping and would not record it! It was weird...

CoolUserName

[6]Apr 24, 2008

Wow, that's really bizarre! I wonder if DVRs have any more success. : P

I'm mid-way through season 5 right now, I can't wait to finally complete the series!

GavinGibbons

[7]May 13, 2008
    • level: 29
    i like any episode that he leaps in to either, himself or someone he knows (Al, his brother, etc) this makes the story more personal for him and gives more information

Mecca2You

[8]Jun 16, 2008
    • level: 3
    I'm horrible at remembering episode titles. My favorite episode has to be a tie between the one where he's a radio station DJ. His name was "howling jack" I think in that? The one where the psychic can see who Sam truly is and they have a little fling. I appreciate the episodes where Sam actually gets laid. lol

Stargater1

[9]Jun 28, 2008
    My favorite episode is when he meets or jumps into someone famous boby. For example, I like the ep when he was Elvis, and when he met a very young Michael Jackson. I also liked when he played a woman and I think there was one where he was a chimp. I haven't seen the show in a while so my memory is a little rusty.

happy-days-4-sr

[10]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 14
    I liked 'Portrait for troian', THAT ep and 'Ghost ship' because they were chilling and spooky. 'The leap back', 'trilogy' and 'mirror image' were interesting eps for the characters. i liked 'the curse of ptah hotep' too. 'nowhere to run' and 'its a wonderful leap' were interesting becuase of the ethics. '8 1/2 months' and 'what price gloria' were funny as Sam leaped into women.

CJQLSBG

[11]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 1

Good afternoon everyone. My favorite episode of Quantum Leap are so many but here are two. One is where He leaps into this man who joins the Klan and then realized that he did not want to see a world of Racism. Sometimes I have trouble watching it but it is one that with Scott Backula's powerful acting makes it one to see.

Another one is where he is the Halogram and Al is in 1945 and he gets to go to his time to see his wife and other members of the team who help him with the project of Quantum Leap.

It is truly one episode. that is so wonderful.

I also have a question I saw this video on youtube from quantum leap and Sam was kissing this woman with short hair and they were going to make love after I think he helped her to move into her house.What season is that episode from.

thank you

broadwayphantom

[12]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 4

I have two favorites. My first fav is Glitter Rock. I LOVED Sam as a Rocker, plus the last scene where it's reavealed that Tonic is really Philip's father and they hug. So sweet!

But without a doubt, my favorite episode is 8 1/2 months. Scott totally nailed being pregnant. Some of the scenes were very touching, like when he tells the social worker that he wants to keep the baby, or like when he first feels the baby kick. But my favorite scenes were the funny ones, like his moods swings, cravings for jello and onions, and don't get me started about when he goes into labor...

CoolUserName

[13]Aug 13, 2008
    I was really impressed there by Scott too, I almost couldn't believe how well he stayed in character as a pregnant woman, or as women in other episodes. The show needed an actor like him to pull it off, and he did just that every time.

moonchildiva

[14]Aug 20, 2008

I enjoy all of the episodes, I'm watching them on ION every week, I wish they'd show them all week, not just 3 days... BUT my all time favorite is Lee Harvey Oswald. I'll never forget how I felt at the end of the second part, it brought chills all over me, it was an amazing twist on a story we all know so well, and the last picture of Jackie freaked me out. I am hoping that they show that episode soon!

happy-days-4-sr

[15]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 14
    i found lee harvey oswald confusing with all the leaping about, though it was still pretty good and educated me on the historu of the USA which i knew nothing about.

vyperman7

[16]Aug 26, 2008
    • level: 8

My favorites

-The Leap Home PT1 - Sam leaps into himself as a 16 year old and tries to warn his brother Tom and his father about their future deaths as well as having to play in the big game. My absolute favorite episode of Quantum Leap. Leap Home PT2 is good with Sam in Tom's squad in Vietnam. But not nearly as good as PT1.

-Glitter Rock - Sam as a rock singer. You get to hear Scott Bakula put his singing talents to good use. The whole episode is great.

-The Boogeyman - One of my favorite eps just for the end alone. Very awesome idea to have Sam have a showdown with The Devil. I also love the connection with Stephen King. One of my favorite writers.

-Justice- Sam leaps into a memeber of the KKK and has to try and change the way things are.

-Shock Theater/The Leap Back- Great two episode combo. Shock Theater involves Sam taking on all the personas of people he has lept into because of electro shock treatments, and the final treatment causes him to switch places with Al, in which Al becomes a leaper in The Leap Back and Sam gets to go home.

-The Evil Leaper saga- All three Evil Leaper eps are great. I know that some people disliked the storyline, but I thought it was great.

-The Wrong Stuff- Sam leaps into Bobo the chimp. This one is great just for the entertainment value.

Edited on 08/25/2008 11:49pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Mlebaron

[17]Sep 17, 2008
    • level: 11
    I can't believe that nobody has mentioned MIA (the second season finale). It is probably my favorite episode of the series and it features great acting by Dean Stockwell.

Runners up:

The Leap Home I and II
    The Leap Back
    Mirror Image (probably my second favorite actually. If it wasn't for the fact that this was the last episode of the series, this might be my favorite. It holds so much promise for where the series could have gone and it is so much different in tone than any other episode. Even if it had to be the series finale, I wish the creators would have been given time to end the show properly. This series deserved better than an unplanned, hasty exit from TV screens across America.)

AegisAtreyu

[18]Oct 15, 2008
    • level: 17

MIA (Holo AL attempts to divert Sam from completing his mission by asking him to Keep an eye on his first wife while current time Al is MIA in Vietnam) and Black on White on Fire which was centered around the Watts Riots and had Sam as a black guy engaged to a white woman. It was a powerful episode and showed Sam to be very helpless as the violence erupted around him. More than that it made me look up what the Watts Riots were all about as I had no clue about it. Some of the best episodes made you think, or research.

The Boogieman was a favourite as a kid as it scared me s**tless and not till I got the DVDs a few years back did I see it again as the BBC when the started showing repeats at 6pm kept on skipping it.

The majority of Season 3 was personally a little too light for me, it starte good but got boring after a while. Seasons 2 then 1 are my faves. Season 4 got a little too unnecessarily violent and sometimes dark. I haven't got the DVDs for 5 yet.

pferreira86

[19]Dec 10, 2008
    • level: 18
    My favourite episode will always be The Leap Back from Season 4. It was a fantastic episode with a well written script, great acting, excitement and a cool retro vision of the future.
    Edited on 12/10/2008 9:37am

thunderdeed

[20]Apr 15, 2009
    No question about it THE LEAP BACK pt 1 . Where Sam is able to see his family when he was a 16 year old . But It was sad in the end when he sees his dad in the stands he looks and says "goodbye dad" because he knew his dad was going to die in a few years.My favorite but yet very sad.