Quantum Leap Forums

NBC (ended 1993)

Quantum Leap Reunion

Should Quantum Leap come back?

GusArnstrom

[1]Jun 16, 2011
    • level: 1
    There has been a lot of buzz on the internet about a Quantum Leap reunion show or perhaps a movie. I am post this to put an end to all the speculation. On June 15th, 2011 I watched a talk show "The Talk" airing on CBS and they interviewed Scott Backula (Sam Becket). He said, "There is no plans for a reunion show." He also stated that he would like to do it allthough he didn't say weather Dean Stockwell did or not. He also said that if one was made that he didn't think he would be asked to be in it. I think it is a shame because the show ended on what I feel was a "Cliff Hanger". I don't understand why they could not allow Sam to go home. NBC and Universal Studios had to have something in mind. The fans have saved this show in the past. Lets all write the network executives and dammand a reunion show, movie, or even a spin off. Let your voice be heard!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

archangelwho

[2]Jun 16, 2011
    • level: 18

A movie would allow for an ending to the show while also see if the fans sre there for a spin-off. If you went spin-off first and the fans are not therewe could end up where we left off with Sam still not making it home.

pferreira86

[3]Jun 19, 2011
    • level: 17

archangelwho wrote:

A movie would allow for an ending to the show while also see if the fans sre there for a spin-off. If you went spin-off first and the fans are not therewe could end up where we left off with Sam still not making it home.

I hope for a spin-off with the old cast passing the torch but I really hope they don't do a remake.

Edited on 06/26/2011 11:22am

archangelwho

[4]Jun 26, 2011
    • level: 18

pferreira86 wrote:

archangelwho wrote:

I hope for a spin-off with the old cast passing the torch but am I really hope they don't do a remake.

That worked well for Doctor Who where they could have started over and try to make to whole thing their. They chose to pick up somewhere down the line keeping the show as it was. Unsure how passing the tourch would work here. Someone goes in to help and end up being traped? I do like the idea of a spin-off better than a remake but unsure how they could work it withput the old cast. How would you move from the old cast to the new?

pferreira86

[5]Jun 26, 2011
    • level: 17

Well wasn't it the original intention for Quantum Leap to go on having Sammy Jo looking for her dad? The fans got really excited by that idea and I hope it's still a possibility as it's the only way I think the series could continue.