Quantum Leap

Leaping in Without a Net

Aired Friday 12:00 AM Mar 28, 1990 on NBC

• This isn't one of my favorite episodes, but it still has some quality moments in it.

Leaping in Without a Net isn't one of my favorite episodes of Quantum Leap, but it does have some good elements within it. One of my favorite scenes takes place when Sam is dragged into the carnival fortune teller's tent, and she can see all of the souls of the people he has Leapt into. She also says that he received his prediction about the future from an "angel," which adds a little more credibility to Sam and Al's theory that God has taken control of the Project.

However, the main plot of the episode doesn't intrigue me at all. Sam has to overcome a newfound weakness - acrophobia - in order to save the life of a trapeeze artist. Along the way, he mends the Panzini's relationship with one another, which was strained when the mother was accidently killed during an act. Everytime Sam and Eva Panzini practice the death-defying stunt, Sam is unsuccessful in catching here, and the final chance is shot in that slow-motion sequence that always aggravates me.

Still, Stockwell has his usual witty dialogue and Eva's(played by Fabiana Udenio)character is well-played. I'm just not fond of the trapeeze-artist storyline.