Quantum Leap

The Boogieman

Aired Friday 12:00 AM Oct 26, 1990 on NBC

• the devil is pissed at sam

this episode is simalar to deliver us from evil with the evil leaper puting wrong what once when right exept the devil is doing that instead of alia every is geting killed by the devil the devil was in the form of al and was tring to confuse sam n n n n n n n n n n n n nn n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n
  • Drawing on early American religious traditions, \"The Boogeyman\" affirms that the purpose of Sam\'s leaps through time is to fight the Devil.

This episode draws on the unique spin of American literary tradition on ancient Western religious superstitions dealing with the Devil. In so doing, it illustrates much of what shaped American character, even into the modern day. This is one of the episodes that digs deep and finds gold.

\"The Boogeyman\" manages to utilize spooky cliches in fresh ways, so that they become scary again. Not only that, but the chosen cliches hold \"cliche\" status precisely because they touch upon struggles that are common to all of us, as we each battle our own Devil. Any work of literature (including screenplays) that can accomplish this task is worthy of being put into the same category as Shakespeare.

Like the Bard, this episode plays to all varieties of viewer -- someone who has never gone to college can enjoy it as much as the philosopher; not only that, but they can both \"get it.\" The story is relevant to both of them.

It is also a wonderful, thrilling story -- simply a pleasure to watch. The writing is smooth, the plot is seamless, and the acting is (ironically) some of the most natural of the entire series.