Queer as Folk Forums

Showtime (ended 2005)

Bad writing/ Bad acting/ FLAT

luvstoned21

[1]Dec 15, 2007
    • level: 2

When I first started watching this show I was hesitant about how good it was. I thought the acting was bad, especially Gale Harold. I still question if he's bad or if he just actually nailed Brian's character. I'd have to see him in other work. But the writing of this show is what kept me going. So I was so surprised to go online recently and see that a lot of people actually disliked this show because of the "poor writing". So I thought, did I miss something? Cuz I grew to LOVE it. I know it had some bad seasons (3 and 4 were lacking)... but what show doesn't? I think it ended with a BANG.

So my question is, what kept you watching? Could you see the flaws in this show too but look past it? For those who said it was really bad writing/acting.. and I saw the word"flat" a lot too... what would you say to them? What kept you watching?

Edited on 12/15/2007 2:55pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hunhunhaha

[2]Dec 17, 2007
    • level: 1
    1 we love the way queer tackle obstacle whicj sole for them , it's interesting and new.
    2 we love the way queers are so gay
    3 we love the show being full of light while other gay shows usually coated with darkness
    4 we love sunshine---little Justin, you can never refuse and resist his smile!!

CellBlocknutter

[3]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 14
    Thier were some badly acted scenes, but for the most part I couldn't complain, I always thought it was quality viewing. The final season was a let down however.

radrobd

[4]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 53
    luvstoned21 wrote:

When I first started watching this show I was hesitant about how good it was. I thought the acting was bad, especially Gale Harold. I still question if he's bad or if he just actually nailed Brian's character. I'd have to see him in other work. But the writing of this show is what kept me going. So I was so surprised to go online recently and see that a lot of people actually disliked this show because of the "poor writing". So I thought, did I miss something? Cuz I grew to LOVE it. I know it had some bad seasons (3 and 4 were lacking)... but what show doesn't? I think it ended with a BANG.

So my question is, what kept you watching? Could you see the flaws in this show too but look past it? For those who said it was really bad writing/acting.. and I saw the word"flat" a lot too... what would you say to them? What kept you watching?

Gale Harold will appear on "Desperate Housewives" this season. Check him out and the decide about his acting.

WickedNugget

[5]May 19, 2008
    • level: 8
    I loved the storylines and realism of it all. And I loved Gale Harold's portray of Brian. I honestly think he's one of the best actors I've seen do "his thang".

NJS06

[6]Jul 9, 2008
    • level: 5
    WickedNugget wrote:
    I loved the storylines and realism of it all. And I loved Gale Harold's portray of Brian. I honestly think he's one of the best actors I've seen do "his thang".

I agree with you and disagree with the original post. I thought Gale Harold was the best in the show and the most fun to watch. I think he just got the character so well that you thought you was just looking at him without any effort or talent but that really shows his skills to the point that you think he is not even acting..