Queer as Folk Forums

Showtime (ended 2005)

Favorite couple

Favorite couple in i QAF?

  • Avatar of WickedNugget

    WickedNugget

    [1]Mar 25, 2008
    • member since: 03/08/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 208

    For me it's clearly BJ with Mikey and Ben on second. How about you?

    Sorry on account of Mel and Linds not making it in the poll If there was a 6th answer, they would be it.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SMGslayer97

    SMGslayer97

    [2]Mar 25, 2008
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 9,573
    Brian and Justin, no contest.

    Well okay maybe not no contest. Michael/Ben would easily come in second. But I am also a fan of Linds/Mel and Ted/Emett.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of elisabet84

    elisabet84

    [3]Mar 26, 2008
    • member since: 02/09/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 4

    Brian and Justin! Love them!!

    I also like Ted and Blake - why are they not part of the poll?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MissOleson

    MissOleson

    [4]Mar 26, 2008
    • member since: 03/14/08
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 53

    Definitely Brian and Justin!

    I liked Ted and Emmett together. I was really disappointed with how that ended up. I just felt so bad for Emmett.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of radrobd

    radrobd

    [5]Apr 28, 2008
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 53
    • rank: Commander in Chief
    • posts: 11,323

    I guess I'm in the minority, but I never saw Brian/Justin as this great romantic couple that every one else sees. I think in the beginning Justin was immature and clingy and latched onto Brian. Throughout the course of their "relationship", he became cocky, arrogant and bratty and I just wanted to smack him. I thought he finally grew up at the end of season 2 when he left Brian for a more conventional (i.e., monogamous) relationship with Ethan, but the second he dumped Ethan, Justin went running back to Brian like a needy schoolgirl. I understand that Gale Harrold and Randy Harrison were the actual stars of the show and I suppose they had to pair them back up as Fab Fillippo was only a guest star, but it made no sense. Why would someone in real life settle for a guy (Brian) who f*cks aroudn with other people all the time? I get that Brian cared for Justin, but apparently not enough to stop sleeping with other people.

    One particularly disturbing episode for me was right after Justin ran back to Brian after dumping Ethan. Brian and Justin had just had sex and then Brian kicks Justin out because his next date (read: trick) was arriving soon. Brian's date then ask who Justin is and Justin responds, with a haughty air, "I'm the guy he f*cks more than once, unlike you" like that was something to be proud of. The funny thing was the guy was WAYYY hotter than Justin/Randy Harrison. (I never found Randy all that, the original "Justin"-type character in the original U.K. version, "Nathan", played by Charlie Hunnam will always be hotter than Randy Harrison)

    Edited on 04/28/2008 8:55am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BinkyMimo88

    BinkyMimo88

    [6]Jun 15, 2008
    • member since: 11/26/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 40
    Brian and Justin of course. My unconventional little heart just loves them.
    Edited on 06/15/2008 6:32pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Katara0017

    Katara0017

    [7]Sep 2, 2008
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 313
    Justin & Bryan off course
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NJS06

    NJS06

    [8]Sep 6, 2008
    • member since: 11/27/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 170
    radrobd wrote:

    I guess I'm in the minority, but I never saw Brian/Justin as this great romantic couple that every one else sees. I think in the beginning Justin was immature and clingy and latched onto Brian. T...I thought he finally grew up at the end of season 2 when he left Brian for a more conventional (i.e., monogamous) relationship with Ethan, but the second he dumped Ethan, Justin went running back to Brian like a needy schoolgirl. ...Why would someone in real life settle for a guy (Brian) who f*cks aroudn with other people all the time? I get that Brian cared for Justin, but apparently not enough to stop sleeping with other people.

    One particularly disturbing episode for me was right after Justin ran back to Brian after dumping Ethan. Brian and Justin had just had sex and then Brian kicks Justin out because his next date (read: trick) was arriving soon. Brian's date then ask who Justin is and Justin responds, with a haughty air, "I'm the guy he f*cks more than once, unlike you" like that was something to be proud of. The funny thing was the guy was WAYYY hotter than Justin/Randy Harrison. (I never found Randy all that, the original "Justin"-type character in the original U.K. version, "Nathan", played by Charlie Hunnam will always be hotter than Randy Harrison)

    I never thought they were a great romantic couple, but love is not always about romance, roses, candy, and compliments. And to anyone who gets that all the time is bs like with ethan. Love is messy, hard, unpredictable, pain, pleasure, up, down, easy, etc. And i think they illustrated that.. Brian loved Justin he jut didnt always know how to love him but that doesnt make it any less valuable or valid.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SMGslayer97

    SMGslayer97

    [9]Sep 7, 2008
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 9,573
    NJS06 wrote:
    radrobd wrote:

    I guess I'm in the minority, but I never saw Brian/Justin as this great romantic couple that every one else sees. I think in the beginning Justin was immature and clingy and latched onto Brian. T...I thought he finally grew up at the end of season 2 when he left Brian for a more conventional (i.e., monogamous) relationship with Ethan, but the second he dumped Ethan, Justin went running back to Brian like a needy schoolgirl. ...Why would someone in real life settle for a guy (Brian) who f*cks aroudn with other people all the time? I get that Brian cared for Justin, but apparently not enough to stop sleeping with other people.

    One particularly disturbing episode for me was right after Justin ran back to Brian after dumping Ethan. Brian and Justin had just had sex and then Brian kicks Justin out because his next date (read: trick) was arriving soon. Brian's date then ask who Justin is and Justin responds, with a haughty air, "I'm the guy he f*cks more than once, unlike you" like that was something to be proud of. The funny thing was the guy was WAYYY hotter than Justin/Randy Harrison. (I never found Randy all that, the original "Justin"-type character in the original U.K. version, "Nathan", played by Charlie Hunnam will always be hotter than Randy Harrison)

    I never thought they were a great romantic couple, but love is not always about romance, roses, candy, and compliments. And to anyone who gets that all the time is bs like with ethan. Love is messy, hard, unpredictable, pain, pleasure, up, down, easy, etc. And i think they illustrated that.. Brian loved Justin he jut didnt always know how to love him but that doesnt make it any less valuable or valid.



    Just what Justin realized in season 3. Romance, roses and sappy stuff doesn't necessary equal real love. Real love hurts and even sucks sometimes, it's not perfect or controllable everything we need or everything we want. It just is. That was always the difference between Brian's and Ethan, Brian loved Justin it wasn't perfect but it was love. I don't doubt that Ethan cared about Justin to a certain degree but all that sap and corniness didn't make it love, more like infatuation.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Blaise85

    Blaise85

    [10]Sep 23, 2008
    • member since: 10/26/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 5
    Brian/Justin definitely. And then Ted and Blake
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LadyInque

    LadyInque

    [11]Nov 12, 2008
    • member since: 10/27/08
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 1,298
    Brian & Justin definitly
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of WATlver

    WATlver

    [12]Jun 19, 2009
    • member since: 08/19/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 13
    I personally don't get the whole Brian/Justin thing, mostly because I don't actually like either of their characters. It should be noted I'm only on the 1st season, and maybe I'll learn to love them. But right now all I see is a whiny kid and a self absorbed ass. I haven't been introduced to the other couples yet, but I love Michael, Emmet, and Ted, as far as characters go, so I assume I'll at least like one of their couples.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SMGslayer97

    SMGslayer97

    [13]Jun 24, 2009
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 9,573
    As you get through the series things change. Brian is self absorbed and you want to punch him a lot but there's more in him then that even if he won't admit or show it. But he gets there in part. Justin is young in season one so you kind of need to forgive him his youth, he was just a kid really. Some slack is deserved. Even still in season 1 he has some great moments showing he's vastly mature for his age in some ways and after everything he goes through in season 2 he gains a lot more maturity and changes a lot over the course of the series. But a part of the series is that these guys aren't perfect. They have flaws, make mistakes, they aren't perfect and they are human.
    Edited on 06/24/2009 8:32pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Madelynn1984

    Madelynn1984

    [14]Aug 5, 2009
    • member since: 06/23/09
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 165
    Brian/Justin is still my favorite, but none of the other couples you listed were great for me. On the other hand, I can list four that I liked more than any of the couples you listed. Ted/Blake, Michael/David, Debbie/Carl, Mel/Linds. Michael and Ben worked fine, but not really as gripping.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of britishmenrule

    britishmenrule

    [15]Aug 28, 2009
    • member since: 11/04/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 45
    I have no clue why, but Ben/Mike has to be my favorite. :/ I've seen very few people who like them as a couple. D:
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SMGslayer97

    SMGslayer97

    [16]Aug 31, 2009
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 9,573
    britishmenrule wrote:
    I have no clue why, but Ben/Mike has to be my favorite. :/ I've seen very few people who like them as a couple. D:


    I love them! Brian/Justin are my favorite but I would say Ben/Mikey come in second.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.