Queer as Folk Forums

Showtime (ended 2005)

Larry King vs. QAF

Tessa_Patton

[1]Dec 26, 2006
    • level: 7
    Some months ago, trying to find some interviews of QAF's cast members on youtube, I've found a 6 parts interview on Larry King Live.

I loved to see everyone of the cast talking about their work (they look so cool!) but I've had a freakin bad feeling everytime Larry King asked question.

Everytime when addressing the guys: "Hal Sparks who is STRAIGHT.. bla bla" so annoying! WTF he has to point out who's straight and who's not! I don't really care about that matter! I think they are great actors and that's all.

Ok, I can understand that people would like to know if Gale Harold is gay or a straight man because of his hotness One question is enough, what you think?

I'm not from an English speaking country, so I don't know too much about this show and its host, but these are my impressions after seeing that interview
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

twins1729

[2]Dec 30, 2006
    • level: 13

I love that they did the interview and I think at first it was ok how he pointed out the fact that some were straight and some were gay cuz it showed viewers that straight actors can take gay rolls, but it didn't need to be consistant.  I love teh fact that they did the interview though.

Donna48

[3]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 12

I didn't like the fact that he would say "straight actor so and so," either, Tessa_Patton. It's really nobody's business but the actors. I think Larry King should have just said actor, Hal Sparks. Why bring their sexual orientation into the introduction? It didn't make sense to me at all! 

SMGslayer97

[4]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 34
    All I can think of when I watch this interview with Larry King is what Brian always says, "If I'm not f****** you then it's none of your business."

I did a little editing there but I'm pretty sure everyone knows what it says, I know better then the try and type that word here!

girlkyle

[5]Jan 7, 2007
    • level: 6
    I thought the interview was sort of boring, to be honest.  The stuff about who is gay and who is straight got a little redundant, mainly because I already knew before I watched it.  Overall, there were only a couple of interesting things, but it was worth watching.  Especially if you're into the show.

Tessa_Patton

[6]Jan 8, 2007
    • level: 7
    Yes, the only thing that made me keep watching the interview was because I've had the chance to see all of them talking about their work. Unfortunately I've discovered this show too late and taped interviews are the only way to know something better.

SMGslayer97

[7]Jan 9, 2007
    Tessa_Patton wrote:
    Yes, the only thing that made me keep watching the interview was because I've had the chance to see all of them talking about their work. Unfortunately I've discovered this show too late and taped interviews are the only way to know something better.

I know what you mean, I discovered this show a year after it was canceled. I always come to shows far to late, of course it didn't help in this case that I'd never had Showtime so I couldn't have watched it even if I had wanted to.

twins1729

[8]Jan 9, 2007

SMGslayer97 wrote:
    Tessa_Patton wrote:
    I know what you mean, I discovered this show a year after it was canceled. I always come to shows far to late, of course it didn't help in this case that I'd never had Showtime so I couldn't have watched it even if I had wanted to.

I discovered the show during the break between season 4 and 5, but when I learned that the next season would be the last, I broke down in tears.  Becasue I knew of the show before then, but I had never seen or heard much about it.  I was so sad, but at least I got to watch the final season and the series finale!

SMGslayer97

[9]Jan 9, 2007
    twins1729 wrote:

SMGslayer97 wrote:
    Tessa_Patton wrote:

I discovered the show during the break between season 4 and 5, but when I learned that the next season would be the last, I broke down in tears.  Becasue I knew of the show before then, but I had never seen or heard much about it.  I was so sad, but at least I got to watch the final season and the series finale!

Well, thanks to youtube I discovered it like I said about a year after it was canceled. Fortunately, I bought all 5 seasons on dvd about 3 months after that. But I had heard it before hand, seen the dvds in some stores. Unfortunately, like I said, I've never even had Showtime so I wouldn't have been able to watch it even if I had somehow discovered it earlier. For a long time I didn't go on youtube either, thankfully I camt to my senses and realized how awesome and addicting it is. Without it I would have never even thought of QAF, that's a somber thought.

mblovestix

[10]Feb 14, 2007
    • level: 6

Larry was pretty rude and his questions were pretty stupid!

Anyway, the part where Randy Harrison whispered "I love you!" to Gale Harold was really cute!

twins1729

[11]Feb 14, 2007
    You can tell they're good friends in real life, it's adorable.

You'd have to be comfortable with a person you spent 5 years kissing and imitating sex with. Gay or Straight, male or female.

SMGslayer97

[12]Feb 14, 2007
    twins1729 wrote:
    You can tell they're good friends in real life, it's adorable.

You'd have to be comfortable with a person you spent 5 years kissing and imitating sex with. Gay or Straight, male or female.

Exactly, I mean if they hadn't bonded and become such good friends the wouldn't have been able to translate into a intense believeable couple on screen.

hudsonlife

[13]Mar 28, 2007
    • level: 1
    I also just discovered QAF in Feb on LOGO.  I watched 3 shows and was hooked and went out and got all 5 seasons. and have watched all three times but the last season, didn't really care for the ending thought they should have gotten married since that was what Justin wanted from the beginning and i think Brian did too.  Everyone on the show is great, but i think Gale is one of thebest actors i have seen in a long time and he is HOT.  Wish i could have seen it from the beginning and i hope and pray that some network finds another show to put him in.  I did recently seen Randy in the Glass Menagerie at the Guthrie in Mpls, Mn.  He was really good.

SMGslayer97

[14]Mar 28, 2007
    hudsonlife wrote:
    I also just discovered QAF in Feb on LOGO.  I watched 3 shows and was hooked and went out and got all 5 seasons. and have watched all three times but the last season, didn't really care for the ending thought they should have gotten married since that was what Justin wanted from the beginning and i think Brian did too.  Everyone on the show is great, but i think Gale is one of thebest actors i have seen in a long time and he is HOT.  Wish i could have seen it from the beginning and i hope and pray that some network finds another show to put him in.  I did recently seen Randy in the Glass Menagerie at the Guthrie in Mpls, Mn.  He was really good.

I'm a pretty late comer to QAF (just started watching in Oct.) but as much as I wanted to see Justin and Brian get married and thought they both wanted it I think the point of them getting engaged was just to show how much Brian had changed over the years and that he actually grew to really love someone despite all his original ideas of not believing in love. Brian was my absolute favorite character and Gale is a tremendous actor. He was actually on a FOX show called Vanished but was killed off after a short time since then I don't think he's done anything on tv. I want to see him again!

hudsonlife

[15]Mar 31, 2007
    I had read somewhere about Gale being in Vanished, hopefully they have the first season on DVD. 

SMGslayer97

[16]Mar 31, 2007
    hudsonlife wrote:
    I had read somewhere about Gale being in Vanished, hopefully they have the first season on DVD. 

Well, I don't know much about that (I didn't watch the show) but if you really wanted to know I would check out Amazon.com, usually the have that information if you just type in the name of the show.

twins1729

[17]Apr 2, 2007

hudsonlife wrote:

Gale's character, I hate to say, was killed off Vanished after only 6 episodes or so.

It was a pretty good show and it even won it's time slot on Monday's, but that quickly changed.

I believe it was technically cancelled after around the time Gale character was killed.

It was said if you were a fan of the show, you could catch the remaining episodes on FOX's website. I doubt you still can though.

SMGslayer97

[18]Apr 2, 2007
    twins1729 wrote:

hudsonlife wrote:

Gale's character, I hate to say, was killed off Vanished after only 6 episodes or so.

It was a pretty good show and it even won it's time slot on Monday's, but that quickly changed.

I believe it was technically cancelled after around the time Gale character was killed.

It was said if you were a fan of the show, you could catch the remaining episodes on FOX's website. I doubt you still can though.

Ya know I heard that the killing off of Gale's character really had much more on a backlash then anyone realized amoung the fans and the powers that be who controlled what get cancelled. Seems someone up there just didn't wanna see the show without Gale. Can't blame them though.

hudsonlife

[19]Apr 4, 2007
    Thanks i will try Fox just in case. I did go to Amazon and they said it wasn't available yet. I did buy two DVD's with him in it. The "Wake" and "Unseen".

SMGslayer97

[20]Apr 4, 2007
    I watched Gale in Particles of Truth and thought even though the movie was totally confusing and completely pointless I really liked him in it. He's a great actor.