Queer as Folk Forums

Showtime (ended 2005)

Memorable Lines you've heard on Q.A.F

SMGslayer97

[21]Mar 24, 2007
    • level: 34
    twins1729 wrote:
    angel12884 wrote:

Remember ep.512 when Brian & Justin's wedding invitations reaches everyone? the way they all react is just hilarious, especially Deb when she goes:

~~There's only one explanation, he must've knocked up sunshine~~~~

& Emmet gives her that look!! OMG, it kills me everytime i see it!! i have to pause for 5 minutes after that scene to get myself to stop laughing like crazy. & try explaining the joke to your mother when she comes in asking what's so funny!! lmao (i'm a straight girl by the way, but QAF is so damn HOT!)

I always thought they did that as a shout-out to MPreg fans. LOL.

I was laughing to hard when Ted opened his invite. That was probably the best reaction out of all of them, well Debbie and Emmett's was great to.

He must have knocked up Sunshine!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

twins1729

[22]Mar 24, 2007
    • level: 13
    SMGslayer97 wrote:
    twins1729 wrote:
    angel12884 wrote:

Remember ep.512 when Brian & Justin's wedding invitations reaches everyone? the way they all react is just hilarious, especially Deb when she goes:

& Emmet gives her that look!! OMG, it kills me everytime i see it!! i have to pause for 5 minutes after that scene to get myself to stop laughing like crazy. & try explaining the joke to your mother when she comes in asking what's so funny!! lmao (i'm a straight girl by the way, but QAF is so damn HOT!)

I was laughing to hard when Ted opened his invite. That was probably the best reaction out of all of them, well Debbie and Emmett's was great to. He must have knocked up Sunshine!

Michael's reaction was typical, but explainable.  I loved Ted's and Emmett/Debbie's. Mel and Linz's was a little blah.

SMGslayer97

[23]Mar 24, 2007
    twins1729 wrote:
    SMGslayer97 wrote:
    twins1729 wrote:
    angel12884 wrote:

I was laughing to hard when Ted opened his invite. That was probably the best reaction out of all of them, well Debbie and Emmett's was great to. He must have knocked up Sunshine!

Michael's reaction was typical, but explainable.  I loved Ted's and Emmett/Debbie's. Mel and Linz's was a little blah.

I loved them all!

siomay

[24]Mar 25, 2007
    • level: 1
    Donna48 wrote:

SMGslayer97 wrote: I remember thinking how awful it was that Hunter had to deal with this at such a young age but also how lucky he was to have stumbled upon someone like Ben who could understand better then anyone.

Yes, it was really terrible and Hunter was trying to be so nonchalant, but you could tell it really shocked him to hear the news. I agree that he was lucky to have found Ben, because he really did know what Hunter was going through.

Here is another scene that had me crying my eyes out. Scott Lowell was wonderful!

Ted: (talking to Emmett) I think God appreciates it even more because He created you in His image. At leats that's what I was always taught. And since God is love and God doesn't make mistakes, then you must be exactly the way he wants you to be, the way he intended you to be. And that goes for every person, every planet, every mountain, every grain of sand, every song, every tear and every **** We're all His, Emmett. He loves us all

Thanks God you remember exactly what Ted said, that's my fav line but  I just can't remember those words. I only remember the point

Donna48

[25]Mar 30, 2007
    • level: 12

:
    Thanks God you remember exactly what Ted said, that's my fav line but  I just can't remember those words. I only remember the point

I had that quote saved because it's one of my favorite from the show. I just love it.

Edited on 03/30/2007 11:09am

TimDrakeRobin

[26]May 31, 2007
    • level: 26

My favorite funny quote

Emmett: I once knew a guy who could tie a cherry stem into a knot with his tongue. I was afraid to let him blow me.

twins1729

[27]May 31, 2007
    • level: 13
    TimDrakeRobin wrote:

My favorite funny quote

Emmett: I once knew a guy who could tie a cherry stem into a knot with his tongue. I was afraid to let him blow me.

LOL. Emmett had some good ones.

I love the out-take when they're eating the cheese and Debbie says it tastes like c#m. Emmett or Peter rather makes a face and says slowly "It does taste like..." and they pan to Randy who's just laughing.

SMGslayer97

[28]Jun 1, 2007
    twins1729 wrote:
    TimDrakeRobin wrote:

My favorite funny quote

LOL. Emmett had some good ones.

I love the out-take when they're eating the cheese and Debbie says it tastes like c#m. Emmett or Peter rather makes a face and says slowly "It does taste like..." and they pan to Randy who's just laughing.

In the outtakes it always look like they are having a blast!

rewindyourtime

[29]Jun 1, 2007
    • level: 7

This is from episode 206, when Debbie is talking to Brian about Justin:

Debbie: Well hey, whatever it takes... to admit that you love him. And I know that you do, despite all your efforts to never let another heart touch yours, and that's assuming of course that you have one. That little persistent kid has somehow gotten in under the wire. And that's what's happened, huh? Admit the truth. You love him, don't you?

I found this interaction between Brian and Debbie to be incredibly important and revealing.  Brian's reaction to Debbie's statement is so profound.  He would be the first person to adamantly deny that he loves Justin, if that were the case.  But he doesn't deny it because he realizes that he has come to love Justin in a way that he's never loved anyone before.  And to me, that's very powerful and significant.

PoohBear73

[30]Jun 16, 2007
    • level: 4
    rewindyourtime wrote:

This is from episode 206, when Debbie is talking to Brian about Justin:

Debbie: Well hey, whatever it takes... to admit that you love him. And I know that you do, despite all your efforts to never let another heart touch yours, and that's assuming of course that you have one. That little persistent kid has somehow gotten in under the wire. And that's what's happened, huh? Admit the truth. You love him, don't you?

I found this interaction between Brian and Debbie to be incredibly important and revealing.  Brian's reaction to Debbie's statement is so profound.  He would be the first person to adamantly deny that he loves Justin, if that were the case.  But he doesn't deny it because he realizes that he has come to love Justin in a way that he's never loved anyone before.  And to me, that's very powerful and significant.

I love that quote. It is a very pivotal scene in Brian and Justin's relationship. I also love how she goes on to say something like, tell him what you could never say to Michael. Or something like that. I can't remember the exact words right now.

Hooke-dk

[31]Jun 21, 2007
    • level: 5
    angel12884 wrote:

& p>

I LOVE THAT SENTENCE ! Deb had many funny moments !

PoohBear73

[32]Jun 22, 2007
    • level: 4
    SMGslayer97 wrote:
    Brian: I'm queer And to anyone who takes pity or offense, I say "judge yourself". This is where I live. This is who I am. I particularly love this statement and love how Brian says it. No apologies, no regrets. Just like always.

When does he say this? I kinda remember it, but can't remember when. Thanks!

SMGslayer97

[33]Jun 22, 2007
    PoohBear73 wrote:
    SMGslayer97 wrote:
    Brian: I'm queer And to anyone who takes pity or offense, I say "judge yourself". This is where I live. This is who I am. I particularly love this statement and love how Brian says it. No apologies, no regrets. Just like always.

When does he say this? I kinda remember it, but can't remember when. Thanks!

Season 5, episode 1. It's right at the end when he informs Ted that he has bought Babylon.

joeyolaez

[34]Jun 24, 2007
    • level: 1
    i cannot agree more with what you wrote here ... the process is really painful especially when you experienced once, then it becomes your second nature not to trust anybody with your secret

robbroder

[36]Jun 25, 2007
    • level: 3
    My favorite is from Episode 202, when Brian is trying to get Justin to remember the night he was bashed:

"...and then you turned around and smiled. Then I knew why Debbie calls you Sunshine."

duit83

[37]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 26

robbroder wrote:
    My favorite is from Episode 202, when Brian is trying to get Justin to remember the night he was bashed: "...and then you turned around and smiled. Then I knew why Debbie calls you Sunshine."

Oh, I love that line! It almost made me cry...

SMGslayer97

[38]Oct 5, 2007
    duit83 wrote:

robbroder wrote:
    My favorite is from Episode 202, when Brian is trying to get Justin to remember the night he was bashed: "...and then you turned around and smiled. Then I knew why Debbie calls you Sunshine."

Oh, I love that line! It almost made me cry...

That one really was tugging at my heart strings. That whole scene is so sad.

Leo75

[39]Oct 6, 2007
    • level: 16

Brian: I don't believe in love. I believe in f***ing. It's honest, it's efficient. You get in and out with a maximum of pleasure, and a minimum of bull**** Love is something that straight people tell themselves they're in, so they can get laid. And they end up hurting each other, because it was all based on lies to begin with. Episode 102.

SMGslayer97

[40]Oct 6, 2007
    Leo75 wrote:

Brian: I don't believe in love. I believe in f***ing. It's honest, it's efficient. You get in and out with a maximum of pleasure, and a minimum of bull**** Love is something that straight people tell themselves they're in, so they can get laid. And they end up hurting each other, because it was all based on lies to begin with. Episode 102.

As much as I think Brian is very cynical about love he is for the most part right here.