We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Queer as Folk Forums

Showtime (ended 2005)

Memorable Lines you've heard on Q.A.F

WickedNugget

[61]Mar 8, 2008
    • level: 8

There's so many, but mostly I remember all the dialoges. E.g. the "I will marry you"-dialog,the "When my boy walks down the street"-dialog, the 308 "never to play music in my prescence again"-dialog and so on...

But one one-liner was the answer Brian gave Ted in season 5, when Ted beggen him to talk about Justin leaving and loosing Michael as a friend :

Ted: You can't fool me. You gotta free yourself of this burden. Release it. Let it all hang out.
    Brian: My mother was a frigid **** My father was an abusive drunk. They had a hateful marriage, which is probably why I am unwilling or unable to form a committed long-term relationship of my own. The fact that I drink like a fish, abuse drugs, and have more or less redefined promiscuity doesn't help, much. As a result, I've lost the two people in my life that mean most to me.

And maaany many more

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SMGslayer97

[62]Mar 9, 2008
    • level: 34
    I love Brian's response to that!

WickedNugget

[63]Mar 9, 2008
    SMGslayer97 wrote:

Yeah me too! Obviously...

Btw, love your QAF banner-thingy

SMGslayer97

[64]Mar 10, 2008
    WickedNugget wrote:
    SMGslayer97 wrote:

Yeah me too! Obviously...

Btw, love your QAF banner-thingy

Thanks!

Dark_Locke

[65]Mar 14, 2008
    • level: 2

Guy points to Justin and asks Brian: Who's he?

Brian struggles with words and eventually says: In conventional terms, He's the guy I **** more than once

Justin: Unlike you.

I loved that

WickedNugget

[66]Mar 16, 2008
    Dark_Locke wrote:

Brian struggles with words and eventually says: In conventional terms, He's the guy I **** more than once

I loved that

Oh,oh,oh! That reminds me of the first (and only?) time Brian indirectly called Justin his boyfriend.

Michael said "don't bother he has a boyfriend" to Hunter, and Hunter asked "you do?"
    And then Brian with all his wit says: "In a non-defined, non-conventional way yeah"

SMGslayer97

[67]Mar 16, 2008
    WickedNugget wrote:
    Dark_Locke wrote:

I loved that

Oh,oh,oh! That reminds me of the first (and only?) time Brian indirectly called Justin his boyfriend.

Michael said "don't bother he has a boyfriend" to Hunter, and Hunter asked "you do?"
    And then Brian with all his wit says: "In a non-defined, non-conventional way yeah"

That was super cute.

BloodRedViolet

[68]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 1

About the Boyfriend thing is it just me or does Bryan never deny it i mean he doesn't say it but when it comes up he never denies it either like in episode 215

Bryan: thats always a dangerous sign

Micheal: do you mind im trying to have a conversation with your boyfriend.

and Bryan doesn't say anything in response just some i noticed but my favourite quote is the one Deb says in 512

Debbie: theres only one explanation........... he must of knocked up sunshine

lol oh and can anybody tell me in what episode Justin gets his nick name? i cant remember

MissOleson

[69]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 3

robbroder wrote:
    My favorite is from Episode 202, when Brian is trying to get Justin to remember the night he was bashed: "...and then you turned around and smiled. Then I knew why Debbie calls you Sunshine."

I just loved that line!!! This was actually the one that I was going to say. The line, and the way that Brian said it, was just perfect.

WickedNugget

[70]Mar 25, 2008
    BloodRedViolet wrote:

About the Boyfriend thing is it just me or does Bryan never deny it i mean he doesn't say it but when it comes up he never denies it either like in episode 215

Bryan: thats always a dangerous sign

Micheal: do you mind im trying to have a conversation with your boyfriend.

and Bryan doesn't say anything in response just some i noticed but my favourite quote is the one Deb says in 512

Debbie: theres only one explanation........... he must of knocked up sunshine

lol oh and can anybody tell me in what episode Justin gets his nick name? i cant remember

His nickname? You mean Sunshine? That was in the second episode of season 1, the first time he met Debbie: "You gotta keep your strength up, Sunshine, you can't cruise all night on an empty stomach" But yes, you're right. Brian would deny it at times, but for the most part he didn't.
    One time he denied it was after the break-up of S2, and then in S3 he buys himself a new fairly expensive car, and Michael comments something about boyfriend replacement therapy. And Brian answers: I don't have a boyfriend, I never had a boyfriend.

scrabblemaster

[71]Aug 20, 2009
    • level: 7
    One of my favorite lines was in Season 1, episode 2. When Brian is talking to Michael before he goes to that straight bar, when Michael is keeping his sexuality from his coworkers.

Brian: "Say to them 'I take it up the a** sweetheart, deal with it'"

Madelynn1984

[72]Aug 31, 2009
    • level: 6

I like the don't believe in love, I believe in fcking. . line by Brian quite a bit, as others have mentioned. Another great quote by Debbie: "It's not who you love, it's how you love. Genitalia is just God's way of accesorizing."

scrabblemaster

[73]Aug 31, 2009
    • level: 7
    "That B**** stole my act!"

balanced936

[74]Dec 21, 2009
    • level: 4

Ok, I know I'm a little late to post but I've only recently fallen in love with this show, so I had to add in my opinion.

My favorite quote, and one I consider to be so true in EVERY aspect of a persons life is when Brian tells Michael, "It's not lying if they make you lie."

I also think this next quote is HILARIOUS, even though no one ever seems to agree with me. It's from the season three finale, when Brian gives his keys to Michael and Hunter so that they can get out of town and Justin says (all exasperated): Jesus Christ, Brian. Now you don't even have a car. It just cracks me up! The line is delivered just perfectly, reminding me how great all the actors are on the show. I also love the exchange between Brian and Justin in season one when Justin mentions that he applied to colleges (Dartmouth was one, I think?) and Brian's all, "You're going to school out of state?" trying to be nonchalant, but Justin sees right through it, of course. "You love me SOOOO much."