Queer as Folk Forums

Showtime (ended 2005)

One of these ****** is not like the others......

dramafreezone

[1]Sep 14, 2007
    • level: 16

Did anyone else ever wonder what Ted was doing in this group? I mean, the guys a total loser, or perhaps it's just that the person portraying the character is such a horrible actor that's the problem. In any case, a bunch of extrovertedfun seekers would never have time for a negative person with absolutely no personality. Of course, it is television, I guess anything is possible. I just never thought he fit in at all, but as I said, maybe it was just the person playing the part, Perhaps, had they gotten someone with any redeeming qualities, such as maybe a single shred of acting ability whatsoever or someone not as physically repugnant it may have beenmore acceptable, but as it was, he justdidn't fit. Another thought.....why does tv.com censor the word queer when it's part of the title of this show????? something to think about.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

toxic_boy21

[2]Sep 16, 2007
    • level: 13
    Aww poor Teddy. I have to admit, I used to think he was pretty useless.I grew to HATE HATE HATE him in S3. The way he treated Emmett was disgusting and all that "cry from me" stuff. Ugh.

But he's redeemed himself in S4, covering for Justin and being normal. I'm not on S5 yet so I don't know if he plays a big part. But, yeah, he was the lesser noticed on the cast.

twins1729

[3]Sep 17, 2007
    • level: 13
    I hate how tv.com censors Queer on this page. It should be allowed because that's what the title is!!! I love Teddy Bear! I think Scott Lowell is very a good actor. But I guess that's just my opinion. I think he's a good fit since not all gay men are greased up club boys. He mostly showed that other more sophisticated kind of man, not just gay I think the show would be lost without his humor and down to earth attitude.

SMGslayer97

[4]Sep 18, 2007
    • level: 34
    Love your banner twins!

Anyway I do think Teddy fits in his own, I mean granted he is really the only one who isn't a gussied up club boy but I think he's the example that you can't be a club boy forever. Eventually things like age (and maybe even love) can catch up with you and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

bbmmanyoo

[5]Sep 28, 2007
    • level: 5
    I like Ted and thought the actor did a fantastic job. As with any ensemble cast, they try and get most the stereotypes in. He was the kind of unfortunate one. Net very good looking, little older and always trying to be what the club scene and the rest of the group was. That why he had so many issues. Ted and Emmett's relationship was a very large part of QAF and I for one, loved it and glad they remained that way.

siomay

[6]Sep 30, 2007
    • level: 1
    Yeah, you're damn right. Teddy is the most real and down to earth character in the show. He might be not fit in with the others, but he's the truly one based on the real life.If I were a queer I would be just like him
    twins1729 wrote:
    I hate how tv.com censors Queer on this page. It should be allowed because that's what the title is!!! I love Teddy Bear! I think Scott Lowell is very a good actor. But I guess that's just my opinion. I think he's a good fit since not all gay men are greased up club boys. He mostly showed that other more sophisticated kind of man, not just gay I think the show would be lost without his humor and down to earth attitude.

duit83

[7]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 26

I would agree that Teddy is the most realistic character on Queer as Folk.

And maybe because of his insecurity and his lack of self-esteem a lot of people can identify with Ted...

whatsupgal

[8]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 4
    I cannot stand Ted.

SMGslayer97

[9]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 34
    I'll admit he could be a little annoying when he would act so pathetic but that was really just his personality, he was the downer of the group.

WickedNugget

[10]Mar 15, 2008
    • level: 8
    twins1729 wrote:

I agree with your opinon. I think Lowell did a great job, and either way, he did what the directors and writers told him to to and how to act

WickedNugget

[11]Mar 15, 2008
    dramafreezone wrote:

Did anyone else ever wonder what Ted was doing in this group? I mean, the guys a total loser, or perhaps it's just that the person portraying the character is such a horrible actor that's the problem. In any case, a bunch of extrovertedfun seekers would never have time for a negative person with absolutely no personality. Of course, it is television, I guess anything is possible. I just never thought he fit in at all, but as I said, maybe it was just the person playing the part, Perhaps, had they gotten someone with any redeeming qualities, such as maybe a single shred of acting ability whatsoever or someone not as physically repugnant it may have beenmore acceptable, but as it was, he justdidn't fit. Another thought.....why does tv.com censor the word queer when it's part of the title of this show????? something to think about.

I would never call Scott Lowell a bad actor, but hey..that's just me. You have to remember that the actor portray the character as the writers have in their minds, so maybe you should blame them for having a character not living up to your standards.
    As for the character, I think Teddy has depth, and him being in the show created contrast. Every show needs that in some way.

breezy2281

[12]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 19
    dramafreezone wrote:

they censor the word because it can be used as a derogatory term for homosexual people, and since they don't allow bashing on this site, it is probably censored automatically. as far as Ted goes, i haven't watched the whole show all the way through yet, but i do think he doesn't have much of a personality, is boring, and negative. However, there are gay men out there like that, and i think this character was to show that not every gay man is a sexy, party going player. Ted is more representative of the laid back, older, successful, ready to settle down kind of guy, which there are many out there.

LadyInque

[13]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 24
    Ted is awsome maybe i agree with the hate-thing in S3 but he was a good guy

SgtCashmere

[14]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 15

I thought Ted was dorky, but entertaining. He also wanted good things in life -- but didn't realize all that he actually had. Ted was kind of cool, IMHO.

I personally disliked OTHER characters... but that's all I will say, LOL.

WickedNugget

[15]Jan 17, 2009
    SgtCashmere wrote:

I thought Ted was dorky, but entertaining. He also wanted good things in life -- but didn't realize all that he actually had. Ted was kind of cool, IMHO.

I personally disliked OTHER characters... but that's all I will say, LOL.

Who did you dislike more? Just want to know

jeffsilver_25

[16]Jan 21, 2009
    • level: 10
    I am so surprised that so many people have responded saying they like Ted. He is by far my least favorite character on the show. Now, I am not saying that I think Scott Lowell is a bad actor. I actually think he is a wonderful actor to play a such a well-rounded character. I simply just do not like Ted as a person. He is always complaining and he brings everyone down. Besides, Michael is one of the best (and most realistic) characters on the show!