We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Queer Eye Forums

Bravo (ended 2007)

(Apparently) NOT Canceled

KYLE-D

[1]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 7

"Groundbreaking reality make-over show Queer Eye For The Straight Guy has been canceled after three seasons - but the stars of the show insist they are still a huge hit with celebrities.

The show features five gay men who make-over unstylish straight men each week on the Bravo network, and since hitting the screen the camp stylists have been asked to revamp the homes of stars including Jennifer Lopez. Queer Eye member Jai Rodriguez says the show won't be returning for another season, explaining, "Well, we haven't been asked back for 2007. It's only been three years, but it feels like so much more due to the overexposure. I started when I was 23. In that first year, I was on Oprah's couch. I was on Ellen (Degeneres). People recognized me. J. Lo is a huge fan of ours. (Queer Eye member) Thom Filicia just re-did her house." The show recently broke new ground again by making over Miles, a transgendered man. Rodriguez adds, "Maybe this is how we are going out with a bang. Everyone (in the group) has big new projects. I'm working on a TV show and a movie in the fall. We just had a tour of the Philippines. We are huge there. Like Michael Jackson in 1983."

Edited on 08/05/2006 3:28pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mdstudio

[2]Aug 2, 2006
    • level: 5
    I just heard the same thing.

http://www.tvseriesfinale.com/2006/08/queer_eye_for_the_straight_guy_fab_five_cancelled.html

Ppunkinseed

[3]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 16
    I'm really going to miss this show, but I'd rather have it end now than beome a total flop or jump the shark or something like that.

KYLE-D

[4]Aug 5, 2006
    • level: 7
    "Queer Eye" NOT Canceled

Posted Aug 2nd 2006 12:40PM by TMZ Staff
    Filed under: TV

Despite Internet reports to the contrary, Bravo's hit TV show "Queer Eye" has not been canceled and is still going strong.

Jai Rodriguez, one of the "Fab Five," was quoted on the Web site AfterElton.com saying, "We haven't been asked back for 2007." But a spokeswoman for Bravo says that he was misquoted.

TMZ went straight to Bravo to clear up the confusion. Bravo tells us in a statement: "Bravo's Emmy Award-winning 'Queer Eye' has just wrapped its production cycle. These all-new episodes of 'Queer Eye' premiere every Tuesday at 10 PM ET/PT, through the fall season. A whole new season is slated for 2007. 'Queer Eye' remains the core of our Tuesday night strategy."

On the next episode of "Queer Eye" -- airing August 8 -- the guys make over three generations of hard-core horse racing enthusiasts. Also, a new a new strand of weight loss episodes will kickoff on Tuesday, August 22 with Erik and Khadijah, adorable soul mates who love to laugh a lot ... and eat a lot together.

candozier

[6]Aug 13, 2006
    • level: 8

I would hate to see it go away and I think those 5 funny guys would certainly be missed....

Candy

sabuckley07

[7]Dec 28, 2006
    • level: 1
    after being on it...i agree

candozier

[9]Dec 30, 2006

sabuckley07 wrote:
    after being on it...i agree

You WERE?

candozier

[11]Jan 4, 2007

naomi_tszuj wrote:
    I'm guessing from the username that it's Scott Buckley, from one of the Texan eps in the second season.

Ohhh, I remember HIM...