Quincy, M.E.

NBC (ended 1983)

mrdivot

Quincy, M.E. Fan Reviews (16)

7.9
  • Quincy eh??? 160 year old forensic examiner doing stuff that they only ever do in tv and films. Oh and he lives on a boat. Shouldn't work??

At times I think Quincy was designed with a nineties and naughties students to watch when they wake up mid afternoon while they're skiving off lectures.

I don't remember a particularly well written episode. I don't remember a particularly well thought out plotline. He always had love interests that were around 60years younger than him. They never changed that opening credit, "welcome to the fascinating world of forensic medicine" with the young police recruits fainting one by one with a baffled looking Quincy opening up a corpse. Quincy examing a body only for it to pan out and have him caressing a woman in a bikini outfit while Quincy strokes her in a cardigan discarded by Val Doolican.

All of the above should make for a truly appalling show. However it is strangely intriguing and even quite amusing at times. Very much 'of it's time' but still very watchable today, even with Quincy's one too many moralising outbursts.