Quite Frankly with Stephen A. Smith

ESPN2 (ended 2007)

Quite Frankly with Stephen A. Smith Fan Reviews (13)

• The only thing this guy talks about is race.

I would like to talk about Stephen A. Smith. The only thing this guy talks about is race. I want sports analysis not someone's racist opinions about how all people are against African Americans. The 60's are over build him a time machine and send him back. Racism still exists but no where near what this guy thinks of them. Most fans could care less about race; and by keeping this guy around you are promoting the idea that we are all ignorant peons that need social training on behavior to not be influenced by color to make our decisions. Treat us like somewhat reasonable and intelligent people, please. Steven thinks this Bonds thing is just about race just as everything else. Yes I agree that there are discriminations going on constantly around the world in every walk of life, but in the world of sports race diminishes because of the fans love of their team. When illegal activity happens no one likes to see their heroes go down no matter the race. But when there is a problem with an athlete all eyes will be focused on them what ever color they are because they are in our view; and just because the number of people involved are of African American decent doesn't matter, at this point the American people like to wonder, ponder, and poke into any celebrities life. Bonds is a victim of his success because he broke "the record" if anyone white, Hispanic, oriental, or black would have broke that record of most home runs they would have felt the weight of the world if implicated in steroids. Now with this Sean Taylor shooting I'm sure Steven Smith will find a way to implicate race into that as well. It is a conspiracy by whitey. The 60's are over build him a time machine and send him back so he can join the Black Power movement. We watch sports programs for analysis not someone's racist opinions about how the whole world is against African Americans.