TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Rainbow Brite Forums

(ended 1985)

Only 13 episodes?

CodeofThundera

[1]Jul 16, 2006
    • level: 18
    Why did this show stop making episodes after only 13?  And they made a theatrical film!  I loved this cartoon as a kid and it seemed to me back then that there were a lot more episodes than just 13.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TasForMayor

[2]Sep 25, 2006
    • level: 21
    Omigosh, it seemed like that show must've been much longer; I mean they had all kindsa' toys and stickers for years aferwards. How can that be?

TasForMayor

[3]Sep 25, 2006
    • level: 21
    Omigosh, it seemed like that show must've been much longer; I mean they had all kindsa' toys and stickers for years aferwards. How can that be?

BabyJ_Angel

[5]May 19, 2007
    • level: 1
    The cartoon was to only be a special. they had good ratings and parents were buying kids the toys. The producers and writers decided to continue. The cartoons in the eighties were basically for promoting toys. Toys (rainbow brite, strawberry shortcake,my little pony, G.I. Joe ect...) would be in stores before they became cartoons. Parents complained to the networks about the promotions and slowly the eighties' cartoons died. After that, cartoons was never the same.

Kellith87

[6]Mar 31, 2008
    • level: 4
    I would have loved for there to be more than 13 episodes and the movie. But, if they were to make new episodes now, it just wouldn't be the same. Even the new toys and apparel they released in the past few years aren't nearly the same as the merch. from back in the day.

PSOGuy25

[7]May 8, 2008
    • level: 2

well, look at what happened to the remakes of my little pony and strawberry shortcake, they are nothing like the originals.

i find it odd there was only 13 eps as well, i was sure there was a heck of a lot more than that.

so what is there in all? 13 episodes = 1 season, and i think there are 2-3 movies.

i personally thought the my little pony movies were really dark. as for the RB movies, i only saw the one about the guy who had that robitic horse from space i think.

rapturerogue

[8]Feb 14, 2010
    • level: 45
    PSOGuy25 wrote:

so what is there in all? 13 episodes = 1 season, and i think there are 2-3 movies.

i only saw the one about the guy who had that robitic horse from space i think.

There was just the one "Rainbow Brite" movie, "Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer", which has the robotic horse that you're remembering. (Onyx, and Krys was the boy.) I've heard rumors that there had been a second movie but was then scrapped shortly after. The site I remember reading that on is no longer available (thanks, Yahoo, for shutting down Geocities and taking away nearly every fan site on the internet! grr..)