Raines Forums

NBC (ended 2007)

Official Discussion Thread:"Inner Child"(May Contain Spoilers)

what'd you think?

danharr

[1]Apr 19, 2007
    • level: 45

April 20, 2007

No description cause that summary i'm not to sure about

Edited on 04/20/2007 3:07pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EJamison

[2]Apr 20, 2007
    • level: 17

Ten-year-old girl is found stuffed in duffle bag with neck broken.

It was funny when the girl got to shoot her killer twice.  Aside from that the episode didn't seem as amusing at some of the others.  I thought it was just OK.

I think this is the 2nd episode where the killer is found dead. 

danharr

[3]Apr 20, 2007
    • level: 45
    Well I liked it a little bit more once again the depth of Raine's psychosis is explored.  He can get so bad off that even on the phone with his therapist he can't control his outburst.  Not a bad episode all in all and nice to see him find some common ground with the uniform he's always teasing.

EJamison

[4]Apr 20, 2007
    • level: 17
    I don't know if anyone has compared, or said this show is inspired at all by, "Harvey" with Jimmy Stewart.  In that movie the audience gets the feeling that maybe Harvey could actually be real.  In "Raines" we absolutely know, I think, that the visions are only in Mike's head and he seems to know it clearly, so I don't really like it when he can't control himself.  I think it's fine, and interesting, when used as a way of exploring what Mike is thinking, and I like when he'll do things when he's alone, like making the girl sit in the back seat.  But if he can't control it, he shouldn't even be driving a car.

BarryWeen3

[5]Apr 21, 2007
    • level: 14
    This is a darker episode, but at least there was some levity with Raines having the girl shoot her killer several times. I'm really enjoying this show and the "season finale" (some season, 7 episodes) is next week with the woman from Lost playing Raines' ex-wife. Here's hoping that by some miracle it gets renewed. It's quirky and good, and if we always have to describe shows as a cross between shows A and B, it's kinda of like the quirkiness/visions of Ally McBeal crossed with police half of Law & Order. I enjoy this variation on the typical procedural show, just like the fake psychic twist on the show Psych.

KiraAnara

[6]Apr 24, 2007
    • level: 7
    I thought it was a good episode, and it was amusing how the girl reacted to her killer in Raines' mind.

I did find it odd Raines told the doc he didn't see the victims, when in the second or third episode he said he did. Obviously aired out of order.