Official Discussion Thread:"Stone Dead"(May Contain Spoilers)

what did you think?

danharr

[1]Apr 5, 2007
    • level: 45

This weeks episode please discuss here

Friday April 6, 2007

Edited on 04/05/2007 10:43pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FrankenHooker

[2]Apr 6, 2007
    • level: 2
    Just wanted to say that the use of the flaming lips "Waitin For A Superman" was a nice touch for the ending.

danharr

[3]Apr 6, 2007
    • level: 45
    Good episode nice to see more of Raines dealing with his partners death.  The story wasn't too bad with the comic book setup the characters were fun.  Raines and his quirks were great those wiggling ears for gangbangers priceless.

derek718

[4]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 11
    The version of "Waitin' For a Superman" by The Flaming Lips they used was definitely not the regular version. I took a listen to the album and I'm guessing it was probably "Waitin' For a Superman [Mokran Mix]".

BarryWeen3

[5]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 14
    The gangbangers dialogue and interaction was the best, I also liked when the retired dog was brought in, that scene was funny too. I agree that showing the relationship Raines has with his partner's family was a good character touch. Also looks like more people are noticing his quirk, nobody making it an issue though. I liked the drunk coming over and offering him a drink and Raines going "Not drunk, just crazy." Bwah-hah-hah...

EJamison

[6]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 17

It turned out to be a good episode.  I was kind of thinking Wally was going to turn out to be the bad guy and if that was true I wouldn't have liked it.

Is Surfer going to be able to claim self-defense.  That seems how they portrayed it, or did I miss something?

UltimatePyro9

[7]Apr 10, 2007
    • level: 36
    It was a good episode

green_arrow92

[8]Apr 15, 2007
    • level: 20
    This episode was great and funny especially when Raines wiggled his ears and when the old lady came to the door and she was smoking Marijuana.

AndyCdn

[9]Apr 19, 2007
    • level: 4

I was a little disappointed with the guest 'figment' this week. I'm not sure whether it was the writing or the actor, but we've seen better so far. This device has great potential for surprising character revelations and twists as Raines discovers more, but these weren't as fully explored in this episode as they might have been.

It makes me wonder how much the show changes in production. What if, for example, the guest turns out not to have the range necessary to portray a complex and changing character? Do they alter the script during filming? Are the writers on-set? Does an extraordinary actor do better with the script as written? Would they add better material if the guest shows potential and initiative?

Hope to see the return of his dead partner, Charlie. Raines needs more than one dead person to talk to -- he's a loner and needs a foil to talk out his thought processes, which makes for better appreciation of his character and the plot.

Oh yeah, gotta love those wiggly ears!

Edited on 04/19/2007 5:11pm