Raines

Meet Juan Doe

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Mar 22, 2007 on NBC

• Raines begins a murder investigation when a body is pulled Raines investigates the murder of an immigrant.

This episode was excellent. Jeff Goldbloom is perfect for this role. I don't think anybody could do the sarcastic humor of this show any more justice than he does. The story behind this episode is compelling and tragic. It is an example of when bad things happen for stupid reasons...or sometimes no reason at all. The scene toward the end when the councelman meets his grandson is very touching and very sad also. Nicole Sullivan's part seems a bit typical of her...but it's good to stick to your strengths when you haven't had much experience in dramatic roles before. The supporting cast of this show is excellent as well. There were some absolutely hilarious exchanges between the figmented immigrant murder vic and Raines in this episode. The funniest is the bit after Raines leaves the psychiatrist's office after being completely embarrassed. All in all, I'd say this was definitely worth the 60 minute of my time...and yours too.