A Raising Hope Community
FOX (ended 2014)

You're on your own, Hope! Fox has announced that Raising Hope's upcoming Season 4 finale will also be it's series finale. In other, more plain and cruel words, Fox has canceled Raising Hope. The Chance family had a good run, though, lasting four seasons despite never being at the forefront of network comedies. Raising Hope will say goodbye with back-to-back episodes on Friday, April 4 at 9pm. 

Raising Hope's cancellation isn't too surprising given that Fox recently renewed New Girl, The Mindy Project, and Brooklyn Nine-Nine. With those three comedies presumably anchoring Fox's Tuesday-night comedy block next season, they'll ultimately form a support group for whatever lucky in-development comedy ends up getting a shot on that night. That leaves Raising Hope on the outside, and since it's been sputtering on Friday nights (the most recent episode did a 0.5 rating in the adult demo), it was probably easy to cut. 

Fox still has decisions to make about Dads and Enlisted, neither of which is looking good for renewal. Sadly and despite all logic saying otherwise, I think Dads has a better chance of being renewed due to Seth MacFarlane's involvement and its cheaper-to-produce multi-camera format. Fox will debut its final comedy of the season, Surviving Jack, on Thursday, March 27, but unless it ends up doing really, really well, putting it on the air is just a formality.

Will you miss Raising Hope?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/4/2014

Season 4 : Episode 22

64 Comments
Comments (64)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
WE CAN TRY TO SAVE RAISING HOPE ( WELL WE CAN TRY THE SAME FOR COMMUNITY,BEN AND KATE...CHECK THE PETITIONS) AND SHARE IT:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/943/862/680/save-raising-hope-dont-let-fox-cancel-it/
Flag
This has been one of the most consistant and funny comedies of the last few years. I amvery sad to see it go. Garret Dillahunt was utterly amazing as Burt. How he never got recognized for that role I will never understand. I do feel lucky that it lasted this long. I enjoyed my time with my friends in Natesville.
Flag
just another reason to hate fox. i mean, the show wasnt doing so well but still better than most other sit-coms (community always pops up first, then P&R)
i truely will miss the chances
Flag
I wouldn't say I'll miss the show because it is about the right time for it to go now. Four years for a quirky sitcom is great and any others that went longer always became an embarrassment at the end. I'll even give Raising Hope credit for doing their own nod to jumping the shark in last week's episode at the telethon.
I'm happy they did these last two seasons, even if harsher critics might feel the comedy was getting weaker - I think they had just settled into a more normal beat. Sadly though, "normal" on a quirky show is less hilarious. Thanks for the laughs and I'll see you in reruns once in a while.
Flag
I loved the first 2 seasons of Raising Hope. After that it just kinda... got boring. It seemed to lack the same heart it had in the beginning, no?
Flag
Well this sucks I loved this show!
Flag
Well this is sad.
Flag
Dads should also get cancelled because of bad acting, poor plot and terrible title. I know Enlisted is not doing well, but I can predict it will get renewed because it fits well with Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
Flag
I think this has been a down year of Raising Hope but It still gives me more laughs then most other comedies. I loved on the most recent episode they were making fun of themselves, (being a tv show, being moved to Friday, mocking typical sitcoms formula) it felt a bit like Arrested Development. I think they figured they were getting canceled so they decided to have some fun.

Anyway, sucks to see it go, maybe someone can pick it and My Name is Earl up but I doubt it.

Greg Garcia, you're one funny dude.
Flag
I think it is getting to the point where soon all I will be watching is DVDs of past sitcoms. Raising Hope was the only comedy (besides 'The Middle') left on TV that I actually enjoyed watching.
I just find it strange that 'My Name Is Earl' only had 4 seasons as well.
Flag
i will miss this show. it was funny. i hate that they keep these dame shows not the good ones.
Flag
The problem isn't FOX, is the stupid people who can't understand great comedies and never watch the good stuff.
Flag
Yeah, because it's obviously brilliant to star with a family that is severely stupid and redneck stereotypes...
Flag
The Chances leaving us in April... Reminded me of this song:
Sometimes it snows in April
Sometimes it feels so sad, so bad
Sometimes I wish life was never ending,
But all good things, they say, never last

I will miss them like Earl...
Flag
Is there "text speak" for Saying "Oh No" Out Loud? SONOL? That doesn't quite convey the disappointment, never mind. I really hope they all find new work quickly, I think Raising Hope has one of the best ensemble cast's for a sitcom on TV.
Flag
Staff
I hope that newcomer Cloris Leachman finds another project...
Flag
I always have a little chuckle to myself when I see "Introducing Cloris Leachman".
Flag
Staff
It never ever ever got old.
Flag
That makes me sad. I enjoyed the show, especially with hilarious episodes like Burt Mitzvah. It seems when shows are scheduled on Fridays, it looks like they're on alert or on probation. This brings back the memory of the cancellation of My Name is Earl.
Flag
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HATE FOX AGAIN!!! Thats it! My love for you, for giving FRINGE a proper end is done!
Returning my hate for FOX!
Canceling Married...With Children without a proper finale - HATE YOU!
Canceling Terminator SCC with a cliffhanger - HATE YOU!
Canceling Firefly - Never watched it but i'll join the hate - HATE YOU!
Ruining and canceling Dollhouse - HATE YOU!
That other Eliza Dushku show, I forgot its name - HATE YOU!
Moving Fringe from Tuesdays to Thursdays to Fridays - Mother##$^% HATE YOU!!!

If FOX didn't have Sleepy Hollow I would have banned them entirely.. But it's just a matter of time till they screw that up!
I HATE FOX!!!!
Flag
Brooklyn Nine-Nine is pretty good too!
"That other Eliza Dushku show" Would that be Tru Calling? That wasn't a bad show.
If they renew Enlisted that might renew a tiny little piece of the remaining "Hope" I have left.
Flag
I love Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Mindy Project. FOX has good shows, the problem is thier bad desisions. It's just like they did to Fringe, they wanted thier 8-10 million raiting Fringe had on Tuesdays to move to Thursdays, seriously?! Thursdays?! a Sci-Fi show on Thursdays? who the f*^& will watch it?!
And yeah I was talking about Tru Calling, I liked that show.
Flag
no!!!!!!!! I love is this show
Flag
Not surprising, if My Name Is Earl can get cancelled, the next best thing is likely to follow around the same time. And let's face it: it's always better to dump a good show on Fridays so no one will watch it rather than keep it going so long you have to pay the actors' new contracts. I mean, we don't want another Friends, now. I, myself, *hate* it when a comedy I enjoy lasts longer than 3 or 4 years. Things might get resolved that way. Cheaper and less-fulfilling is what's best for business.
Flag
I'm so bummed that I'm writing again. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Flag
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... I wanted to see more of Jimmy and Sabrina as a married couple, like on this last episode. Before this one, they just looked like roomates that take care of a child together. I'm really going to miss it. Too bad...
Flag
Yes this last season wasn't nearly as good as the others buuut I will miss this show cause it has such lovely characters like Maw maw, Virginia, Burt and weird ones like dancing Dave. Oh well I will just cry while listening to "Istambul not Constantinopla"
Flag
It seems bleak for my favourite shows on Fox so far it is only The Simpsons and Sleepy Hollow that has been renewed, and then The Following which is more like "Well' i started to Watch it, it can't be running much longer, can it?". Rake and Enlisted seems to be on their way to cancellation. That leaves Almost Human and Family Guy in the loop, so i am sad that Raising Hope gets cancelled.
Flag
That's a shame. I really liked Raising Hope....much more than the Mindy Project, and Brooklyn nine nine.
Flag
as much as I would have probably missed it had the cancellation come sooner, I won't be so sorry to see it go. I've almost always enjoyed the show, but this last season has felt more like the burt and virginia show and not the well-rounded comedy it once was.
Flag
It is a shame. It isn't as good as it once was, but it's the only comedy (actually, the only show) I watched on Fox.
Flag
Not great but cool show. Will not miss it but surely enjoyed it.
Flag
I am hoping Enlisted gets moved to Sundays. I stopped watching the animation block a while back and it would be nice to have a couple sitcoms back there ala Married With Kids. As is it is Walking Dead/Games of Thrones and Shameless on Sundays. And they are short seasons.
Flag
:-( Stinks.
Flag
Not cool Fox. I knew this was impending with moving around and all but this was a great show. Fox really have a bad history with cancelling shows before their times. (Arrested Development)
Flag
It was fun while it lasted Hope.
Flag
they better renew almost human or I wont watch another sci-fi from fox ever
Flag
If I only had a penny for everyone who promised to swear off a network when one of 'em kills a show they like. You'll figure this out next time Fox specifically makes another show that interests you, but very, very, very, very few people actually have the resolve to stick to their guns when they say something like that. after all, "ever" is a far longer time than you think it is when you're only thinking about in terms of nothing more than just a moment of anger
Flag
With Network TV viewship consistantly dropping, maybe the "never again" people are actually holding true!
Flag
I have the opposite hopes for almost human. I'd rather see dorian and kennex spread their wings in something else because almost human is hurting in virtually every aspect.
Flag
We are going to miss this show (we don't watch ANY of the other mentioned shows nor have any plans to) and since New Girl got so raunchy we stopped watching that one shortly into the first season. There is sooooo much garbage on TV now and they only people that count to the Networks are the people with the Nielsen rating systems connected to their TVs - the rest of us don't count at all... :(
Flag
This makes me sad. I love this show. It is one of the consistently funny shows with an awesome ensemble cast and characters who are so well developed and cultivated. Massive loss for Fox, but then Fox always cancels anything with any real promise. Stupid Fox.
Flag
It really sucks. Damn fox. Garcia leaving the show for cbs wasn't cool and didn't help it.
Flag
please renew dads
Flag
Has Greg Garcia ever gotten past 4 seasons?
Flag
I had a feeling this news was coming based on how they've been treating Raising Hope this past season (and even a little last season with postponing the last two episode of seas three and airing them as part of season four)
But, my heart dropped a little when I saw the headline to this article, despite some of the bad epsiodes this show has had there have been mnay great things that have come from thsi show and I've Truly enjoyed wathcing it these past four years.
Flag
Fox also still has to decide on Almost Human, a show we tv.com users like very much almost-human-do-we-get-a-second-season.
Flag
This is very disheartening news. Raising Hope is a great single-camera comedy with characters that are both relatable and hilarious. The character dynamic hasn't been as good as it was before since Hope, Jimmy and Sabrina moved out of the Chance household. But I give the show some credit for attempting to grow their characters. Plus Cloris Leachman is pure genius as Maw-maw.
I look forward to the next show that comes from the same My Name is Earl/Raising Hope universe.
Flag
Like many shows before it, you lose momentum when you pair off the two major characters. There's nothing wrong with being a cute show, but if there's no underlying conflict then it's pretty much done.
But the interesting rarity was Raising Hope's pilot, which I still think is the best ep out of the whole series. The show retained it's quirkiness, but it was never as edgy as that pilot, which had some great dark humor. They it played it too safe, IMO.
Hope they renew Enlisted, while it's a bit formulaic right now, anything is better than Dads.
Flag
Not surprise. Same producers or creators who did My Name is Earl. I'm really surprise that it lasted that long on FOX.
Flag
Oh thank god! Maybe Garret Dillahunt will finally be able to put his incredible talents to use again instead of wasting them over there. Not that he wasn't funny on Raising Hope, but he had quickly become my favorite TV actor before he joined that show with his awesome performances on Deadwood, John From Cincinnati, Life, and Terminator: TSCC. Can't wait to see what he does next!
Flag
I actually got sick of him being a bad guy in everything. It has been nice to see him give it a rest, so to speak. Maybe he'll do more comedic stuff to balance out the bad guys, if he goes back to that.
Flag
I enjoyed Raising Hope, it wasn't one that I dedicated my time to but I did enjoy watching it when it was on TV.
Flag
Raising Hope has been mostly dead for a while. Dads is just sad, but I hope Enlisted is renewed. It's unlike any other show out there, and I've got to pause and rewind sometimes just to get all the funny lines.
Flag
I love Enlisted - they've had some surprising and heartfelt storylines lately, and the three brothers have a solid chemistry together (I still laugh my head off thinking about Randy's attempts to recite the plot line of Toy Story 3 without breaking down). Renew it, Fox!
Flag
I think Enlisted would do well on any other week night
Flag
This show had some really great moments that became too few and far between. It became really stupid rather quickly and never recovered as did Garcia's other hit, My Name is Earl. Too bad...
Flag
Such a shame. :( I really thought this was one of the best sitcoms ever! ALL the characters were likable and funny and I didn't mind one bit that we saw less of Jimmy, Hope and Sabrina, but more of Virginia and Burt. They and Maw maw were always the funniest anyway.

I just can't believe why they cancel the funny sitcoms and keep sh*t like Mindy Show and New Girl around...

Enlisted is not so bad either, but I never expected that one to stick around for very long. Parker Young is good.
Flag
You took the words right out of my mouth.
Flag
While it is sad, I'm not too surprised. It seemed to lose its way once Jimmy and Sabrina were married so that Jimmy and Hope were away from the rest of the family and they were kind of the central point of the show. I like Burt and Virginia and all, but it was kind of becoming the Burt and Virginia show and I guess I was enjoying them more in small doses or as contributors and commentators on what Jimmy was doing. Honestly, when my DVR broke and had to be replaced, I totally forgot to schedule it again.
Flag
It wasn:'t the same maybe, yeah but it was still pretty good. The characters are really great. First 2 ep. of this season were quite awesome i think.
Flag
I very much agree. I don't think jimmy should have married Sabrina, as it may have killed more opportunities for his character's love life, particularly with Hope involved. They should have kept Hope's serial killer mom alive in a recurring role too. I wonder if the actress playing Hope were older if they could have done more with her. I was just thinking that, if the show were renewed, maybe they should recast her with an older girl (or twins) that can handle dialog and get into situations for stories. She needed to possibility be more like Trace that played young Jimmy. In fact, the show was more Raising jimmy than her.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members