Raising Hope Forums

Friday 9:30 PM on FOXIn Season

Not the same baby

bdancer99

[1]Sep 29, 2010
    • level: 11

i noticed this in the previews too, they use a different baby from episode 1 to episode 2

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

guytwo

[2]Sep 30, 2010
    • level: 7

Probably because of children working laws. That's why a lot of shows like to hire twins so they have a "backup."

Helostwin

[3]Sep 30, 2010
    • level: 17
    Yeah, I was gonnna say what guytwo said.

Dazedawg

[4]Oct 2, 2010
    • level: 2
    I think they usually shoot the first episode a few months before the rest because the network wants to see it before making more, so maybe the first baby was too old by then?

Dragonsi2

[5]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 6

Yes, some pilots may be floating around fo 6-8 months before being picked up. This may have been shot back in January or so and once picked up, the 2nd episode may have been shot in June for example. I'd like to know what happened to the cousin, did the actor find another job between the time the pilot was shot and picked up?

fanboy34

[6]Mar 12, 2012
    • level: 11

As we know by now, he comes back for a guest role in a later cult episode. The dynamic works very well with the characters they kept. It would seem forced to stick another guy in the same house all the time. At least with Maw Maw they keep her off camera a lot (just like Hope) and for similar reasons - an infant (and a deranged senior) is a one-trick pony - best to put 'em back in their corral when not being used for effect.

Credits show a pair of babies as Hope now and I think one is a boy and the other is a girl name. At least that's how I try to I.D. them in each shot. You can see the different facial features. The pilot baby was probably yet a different one.