Raising Hope

FOX (ended 2014)

neomichel

Raising Hope Fan Reviews (28)

• What happened to this show? I thought the first episode of the the season was a little strange, and after the second one I am sure something has gone wrong. Can this show be saved? Probably not; when it goes this wrong this early its usually gone.

The problem is the characters appear to have lost their personalities. They were unusual and sweet. The scenes in the grocery store were funny and unlike any other shows on TV. Virginia was just perfect as she was portrayed but now I'm afraid she has lost that innocent quality that was so attractive. Jimmy doesn't seem himself at all and Burt now appears to be just dumb and not very funny. Maw Maw hasn't really been the comic figure she was last season either. With this many changes this has to be the result of a decision by the producers that the show wasn't on the right track last year. I couldn't disagree more. Last season "Raising Hope" was one of the more enjoyable and different shows on TV, now it appears it is going to just be another sitcom. Too bad.

MNT