Raising the Bar

Hang Time

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Oct 06, 2008 on TNT

• This week, we get more acquainted with Bobbi from Brooklyn, Kessler finally feels (some) sympathy for Jerry, and Michelle begins to question the person she's becoming.

I thought this episode was really well done. I felt for Bobbi, which is interesting because I'm Team Jerry/Michelle. Although I thought the second conversation with her and Gavin could have been done at their home instead of the office ('cause it turned into a little bit of a melodrama at that point), the storyline was well written. I'm glad she didn't testify for him and she did leave after the first time. But I think it was realistic that she's still unsure if her marriage is over.

As for her client, I thought that was going to turn out differently. I had the wife pegged as the one who would turn up dead, so it was a nice (but sad) twist there. And yay for Josh Stewart! Like I said, I'm Jerry/Michelle, and that makes me a Michelle fan, but I was kinda on Jerry's side in terms of her actions in their case this week. Just because the precedent works in your favour doesn't make it right. There's a reason judges are hesitant to follow precedents sometimes, and in certain cases go right out and disobey them. But the important thing here was that scene at the end where Balco congratulates her. You can tell she's not as pleased to have his approval as she would have been a few episodes ago. It'll be interesting to see where that goes in the next few episodes.

A Raising The Bar ep isn't a Raising The Bar ep without a bar scene, and I enjoyed this week's. It was fun to see them argue without it turning into an actual personal fight for once (although I did enjoy the Jerry/Michelle showdown from 1x02). Let's have more of that in the future.

Overall, great ep!