Raising the Bar

TNT (ended 2009)

Raising the Bar Fan Reviews (24)

• Retread Boring Pitiful (repeat ad infinitum) No amount of advertising overkill can save this turkey.

1.1
    I wanted to like this show, because I liked Bochco's previous work. Unfortunately, this show jumped the shark in the pilot. Bochco and company are trotting out banal 'shock' interactions that are patently absurd. Frankly, the characters are unappealing, uninteresting, and boring. Within 15 minutes, I didn't care about anything about them. I don't think it is the fault of the actors. They have a good track record, at least they did until this debacle.

In addition, whoever is giving "Technical Guidance" on law is definitely off point. Of course, if you only know of American legal system via TV and movies, that might explain the unrealistic situations.

The writers should spend a few days in a court house and do some original research. (Or better yet, check with the paralegals who do the majority of the "grunt" work).

At least "Boston Legal" wallows in bizarre fantasy, and doesn't try to adhere to anything related to jurisprudence.

To the "erase" button, show goeth!