Raising the Bar

TNT (ended 2009)

Raising the Bar Fan Reviews (24)

• Ignorance of the law is no defense, apparently.

I started viewing Raising the Bar on episode 3 of Season 2, and liked it enough to power through all of the previous 12 episodes over the past few days. I like shows that are credibly written and acted to create a viable chemistry between the characters that thrives on the conflicts created in each plot line. After reading some of the more critical reviews previously posted, I also realize that I'm not as demanding of my characters as some, as long as they grow within the role. While Boston Legal offered such brilliance and audacity through its extreme court case scenarios and character personalities so as to require a suspension of disbelief, the cases portrayed in Raising the Bar are more believably probable. I qualify this statement by adding that I have basically zero legal experience, and so would not really know how credible this show's story lines actually are.

What I do know is that the conflicts between the characters in Raising the Bar that develop as a result of their personal drives for success, or jurisprudence, or of an abuse of power, are all quite believable to me. And the fact that the majority of the characters are long time friends makes me grateful to be a spectator rather than a client.

For me, this show gets better and better with each episode.