A Rake Community
FOX (ended 2014)

Fox tinkered with its schedule today and the result is bad news for relatively new series Rake. The Greg Kinnear drama is being kicked off Thursday night's lawn and will air on Fridays at 8pm beginning on March 14. That essentially spells doom for the series, as if its 0.8 rating in the 18-49 old demographic last Thursday wasn't clear enough. 

Rake's malcontent lawyer will be replaced by a malcontent chef in the form of Gordon Ramsay and Hell's Kitchen, which gets the promotion to Thursdays at 8pm. Thursday's American Idol results show will move to 9pm. Rake will get one last shot at a Thursday night this week; March 13 marks the beginning of Fox's new Thursday night.

The premiere of Surviving Jack, which was scheduled for Thursday, March 27 at 8:30pm, is now scheduled for Thursday, March 27 at 9:30pm. 

This move also means bad news for Fox's Enlisted, which now faces a future with a lead-in that posted horrible ratings on Thursdays. I'd say it's a safe bet that both Rake and Enlisted will be canceled.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 6/27/2014

Season 1 : Episode 13

41 Comments
Comments (41)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
as if skipping an episode of rake this past week wasn't enough. honestly I don't care where / when it goes or if it's renewed but if you air my show out of order causing continuation errors you're an a-hole of a network.

I still watch enlisted but it's been a pretty big disappointment.
Flag
Actually this is all really interesting, now that bluefish has got me up to speed. Kitchen Nightmares was going to return on Friday but has now been postponed indefinitely. How much of that was to make for Rake and how much was influenced by Ramsay returning to Amy's Baking Company, the craziest restaurant in the whole world? Is there some sort of law suit/injunction a foot?
Flag
I hope Rake manages to continue, but they should cancel Enlisted instead.
Flag

Rake is actually a very entertaining and fun show to watch but moving it to Friday probably means the death of the series. Another show I liked going to get cancel. Looks like Greg Kinnear power ain't enough.
Flag
couldn't care less for Rake, but I definitely would like Enlisted to get another season. While it's not perfect, the show is still quirky and funny enough to keep me entertained and laughing once in a while
Flag
Rake is really good, what a shame :(
Flag
Rake is actually pretty good, I like Greg Kinnear
Flag
Well, my prediction that Enlisted would get a surprise renewal and a new time slot for next season looks to screwed. Thanks for nothing, Rake!
Flag
I kinda like Enlisted. I kinda don't like Rake. I expected both to be canceled.
Flag
enlisted is a different kind of show than the rest out there. i was getting into rake as well. shame 😡
Flag
Studies show: when naming a show after an inanimate object that also happens to be a character's name, people prefer houses and bones to rakes.
Flag
as explained by cory baker it also has another meaning "a historic term applied to a man who is habituated to immoral conduct,"
Flag
Rake is not the character's name.
Flag
Gordon Ramsey sucks and Rake is a good show, go figure!!!!
Flag
My only problem with this is that it will put Hell's Kitchen against Big Bang and Parks and Rec, which means it would be my third choice for that time slot. I will try to keep up with it, but it would have been easier for me if it was on at 9 instead. Or Fridays. or frankly Wednesdays after Survivor.
Flag
Uh...Duh!
Flag
I can't really be too upset, its a lackluster show. And moving it to Fridays with Enlisted isn't too sad either, since even that has been pretty meh overall. I worry that it might hurt Raising Hope, but that show has been going nowhere for a while now, so I guess all in all, Fox isn't really making a bad move here, they're just not making many good moves at the moment.
Flag
I haven't minded Rake too much - Could take it or leave it.

I gave up on Enlisted. It's just getting stupider and the middle brother more annoying. I actually thought he was going to be gay when it started, as he kind of come across as such. Geoff Stults looks more and more like he realized he made a big mistake coming from The Finder down to this.

Good to see that FOX may still be supporting Raising Hope despite the show getting tired, at least for me. My guess is that this will be its last year anyway.
Flag
any word on the season 7 primere date for kitchen nightmares?
Flag
I don't think they've even announced whether there WILL be a Season 7, although they'd hardly cancel it would they. Maybe Ramsay's run out of time to shoot it around his 9000 other Fox shows.
Flag
They've already shot a season 7, or the beginning at least. It starts with Amy Baking Company part 2 but there were some law suits or something to try and keep the episode off the air.
Flag
Whoops, you're right, my bad.
Flag
Its a pity for Enlisted, which is a decent, warm family comedy.
Flag
Yep. I quite like it too. I always knew it was likely going to be canceled, but still... bummer.
Flag
I enjoy Enlisted, if not solely for Parker Young. :)

That being said, I was super bummed when I saw last week's episode, because it was then that I realized the show was being aired out of order (e.g. the middle brother met the girl he was already dating in a previous episode). And that's never good news either.
Flag
I had the same problem when that other episode aired, it was mentioned that that episode might have been pushed forward because of the super bowl which apparently featured the sportscaster that was in the episode.
Flag
It has its moments, but on the whole its nothing spectacular. But then, neither is New Girl, Raising Hope or any number of other forgettable comedies on Fox, heck any network right now...
Flag
While I've enjoyed this well enough so far, every time I've watched it I've had this feeling in the back of my mind that it'll soon be gone. This brief certainly reinforces that feeling. I expect to have mostly forgotten that it ever even aired within the next 2-3 years.
Flag
Should we be surprised that audiences didn't want to watch Kinnear be a skeezy loser week-after-week? I'm a fan of his, and I can barely tolerate the show.
Flag
Why do I still watch Hell's Kitchen?

Why am I still excited hearing it's returning soon?

I don't know, really I don't, and I've been doing some serious soul-searching.

I think I need help.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members